1. The Wikipedia community can decide, by Consensus, to impose a ban.
2. The Arbitration Committee can use a ban as a remedy, usually following a request for arbitration. In the past these bans have nearly always been of limited duration, with a maximum of one year.
3. The Arbitration Committee may delegate the authority to ban a user, such as by authorizing discretionary sanctions in certain topic areas, which can be imposed by any uninvolved administrator. See also Mentorship.
4. Jimbo Wales retains the authority to ban users.
5. The Wikimedia Foundation has the authority to ban users, though it has rarely exercised this authority on the English Wikipedia.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests