Small Sabbatical

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
Miles E Traysandor
Small Sabbatical

Postby Miles E Traysandor » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:17 pm

From the O&M Website:

------------------------------------------------

I think I need a little time off. I've been a bit overworked, what with, you know, additional work and the holidays and a lot of ideas arriving at my door at the same time. It's good thing, but it does require me to seek out the battery charger that is time off.

I may be away until the middle of next week, or so--I'm going to take this week to do things I've been failing to get to (writing new strips, but also making sure all the old ones are back in print before too long), and then I'll be away visiting my in-laws when the calendar rolls over into 2007.

Incidentally, my first inauspicious attempts at the strip that would become Ozy and Millie were drawn in January of 1997, when I was a college sophomore. So we're staring at some anniversaries. It really doesn't seem that long. This has me reflecting on where to take all of this, in year ten. I'd like to make it interesting, for my sake as much as yours.

Anyway, I'm rambling. But, I'll be back with new strips in the middle of the first week of the year; in the meantime, I'll post some sketches and such, in an effort to hold your attention. Be well. War is over (if you want it).

-- D.C. Simpson

--------------------------------------------------

While the fan base is always disappointed to hear that it's artist is taking a break, it's always a good thing to rejuvenate the creative juices every once in a while, and especially after the events of last night [NO discussions, please, I beg you!], it's probably for the better anyway so that life around here for eveyone can get back to some sense of normalcy.

Enjoy the time off, and we look forward to seeing more awesome Ozy and Millie in the new year from good old DCS. :)
This signature may spontaneously combust at any given moment. Make sure there's a fresh can of gasoline handy.

Remember, call in the next ten minutes to recieve your Absolutely Free Official Llewellyn Inaction Figure! [Shipping, Handling, and resulting Dragon Conspiracies not included]

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:29 pm

My thoughts at the time were something like "at least we got notified in advance". If the artist need a break from making the comic, it's fine with me (especially since we're still in the middle of Christmas and New Year's, usually a busy time for a lot of people). See you at the next update, then?
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

Severe Weather Eddie

Postby Severe Weather Eddie » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:59 pm

Have a good break, then, D.C. It is indeed a busy time of the year, and I'll see you at the next update. Good luck with your endeavors, and have fun!

And congratulations on reaching the ten-year mark!
Last edited by Severe Weather Eddie on Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:00 pm

This belongs in the airport.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Miles E Traysandor

Postby Miles E Traysandor » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:27 pm

No, because this is related to the Ozy and Millie strip, and it's not my own sabbatical that I'm posting.
This signature may spontaneously combust at any given moment. Make sure there's a fresh can of gasoline handy.

Remember, call in the next ten minutes to recieve your Absolutely Free Official Llewellyn Inaction Figure! [Shipping, Handling, and resulting Dragon Conspiracies not included]

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:29 pm

O rite. :oops:

*wipes egg off face*
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

FerretParade

Postby FerretParade » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:36 pm

Yes enjoy that time off! I can't wait to see what you got in store for us in the new year. Good luck on those resolutions too! You are a better man than me, for I know I couldn't go an entire year without drinking from the ol gin bottle.

dcsimpson

Postby dcsimpson » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:33 pm

Thanks, y'all. I do have some other projects I've been neglecting--I want to finish getting all the O&M strips into the new series of books (the next two will be out soon, and then everything's done until the new book comes out, probably this spring or summer). And I have a new CD I want to finally finish.

And, I'm toying with some other cartoon ideas. Raine Dog, for instance, needs to finally get some serious attention. And I've been feeling a strong urge to do what I've talked about since I was a kid myself and try and write/illustrate a kids' book and see if that goes anywhere.

So it'll be a reasonably fruitful break, with any luck.

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Hmm... could this mean another strip? Ohhh the suspense! :wag:
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

dcsimpson

Postby dcsimpson » Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:36 pm

Hmm... could this mean another strip? Ohhh the suspense! :wag:
Well, that does rank somewhere fairly high on the list of things I need to get to. :)

I'm not sure I'd share that with the 'net immediately, though. I would eventually. First I'd run it by some guys in suits.

FerretParade

Postby FerretParade » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:00 pm

If you ever do illustrate a book I'll be sure to buy it for the art hehe. I know I've bought a few J Murray children's book just cause it had some wicked art to em!

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:34 pm

I especially like the idea of a DCS children's book. I imagine it having illustrations on every page, or at least every two pages. Or would it be more along the lines of Winnie the Pooh?

_SeHT

Postby _SeHT » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:42 pm

I, too, would very much like to see Mr Simpson's writing...

I wish I still wrote, myself... I would wonder if we could work together... Oh well.
Just a walking contradiction, partly truth and partly fiction, taking every wrong direction on his lonely way back home.

(And there are a lot of wrong directions on that lonely way back home.)

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:49 pm

Be fruitful and productive in your time off, and have fun at it if you can David.

Priest_Revan

Postby Priest_Revan » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:52 pm

I can't wait 'till 2007. :(
If you put peanutbutter anywhere on your body, I'll lick it off...

ANYWHERE.

ImageMy deviantart... though it does suck.
My FA... nothing's on it right now, so there's no point to click it.

Return to “Ozy and Millie”