I'm in Boston.

New to the forum? Going on vacation? Tell us about it.

Moderator:Æron

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.
I'm in Boston.

Postby Caoimhin » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:53 am

... :wag: .

Tarukai

Re: I'm in Boston.

Postby Tarukai » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:10 am

I know we discussed it already, but enjoy that!

Whereabouts are you presently?
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

datherman

Postby datherman » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:24 am

Take a quick tour of the Harvard and MIT campuses, they're fairly decent. That's about all I can say about Boston, heh.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:01 am

Take the 36 bus from Forest Hills to Charles River Loop and you'll be within walking distance of my house. That's the only clue you get though! Ha! Ha!

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:38 pm

That's funny, I'm listening to Boston right now!
8)
"Do you really think you have what it takes? Do you?"

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:40 pm

Unfortunately I'm with my grandparents and my grandmother isn't letting me out of her sight, we're only here until Monday so I'm leaving tommorow. Both my grandparents have been getting pains in their legs so walking is out of the question and my grandmother likes to know everything about what we're going to do at any given time.

She is also rather paranoid about theft and such and despite the fact that I'm turning 19 this year she still keeps me close by. Luckily I'm able to stay in the lobby this time. We were also offered a FREE room on the 34th floor of the hotel (due to my grandparents going to these hotels often, like a frequent flier miles kind of thing) but due to a fire alarm that went off in the Merriott when they were last here (she was glad they picked a room on the seventh floor) we instead got a room on the 16th which at least still has a very beautiful view of the library and the Charles River.

As for where I'm staying, I'm at the Westin on Copley Plaza. Trinity Church and the Boston Public Library are right across the street from it. Unfortunately due to time contraints ( as I explained) I was only able to be in the library for twenty minutes, I found it absolutely beautiful especially the courtyard and the murual of Jesus on the upper floor. I hope to return to Boston again but perhaps on my own, and stay for a week, I don't think staying for any shorter amount of time will give the same impact.

We went on a Duck Tour today and I enjoyed it and so did everyone else, as I said walking around the city (which is my preferred way of experiencing things, I don't like planned outings really) is out of the question. And overall I'm having a great time. Theres a delicious looking sushi place at the Westin but due to this being our last day we won't get a chance (and my grandmother doesn 't like that kind of food, but they do have tempura and other kinds of similar dishes as well, its a sushi bar after all).

Tonight I'm eating dinner at the Atlantic Fish Company (NOT the chain with the similar name, although I could be screwing up the name). Friday night we ate at the Wagamama (it was convenient and looked good, I had never been to one) near the Fenrell (?) Hall outdoor market. I thought the food was rather good. And last night (I didn't pick the place, the food was OK though but not as good as Wagamama) I ate at the California Pizza Something-or-other.

Wow this was long.... How do you guys like the paragraphs this time :-P ?

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:32 am

You should've commited a crime and asked for Denny Crane for your defense. :P
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:02 pm

You should've commited a crime and asked for Denny Crane for your defense. :P
Mad cow!
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Caoimhin

Postby Caoimhin » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Well I'm back... It was fun while it lasted and that restraunt was the Atlantic Fish Company, I was thinking of the Legal Sea Company.

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:58 pm

Well I'm back... It was fun while it lasted and that restraunt was the Atlantic Fish Company, I was thinking of the Legal Sea Company.
I always get a kick out of the "Legal Sea Foods" signs in bright, bold neon styled lights in the DC area. Makes me want to find a fish speakeasy!
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:40 pm

Ugg boots are to fashion as Christina Aguilera is to wholesome morality.

Please die. No, really, I want you to die in real life. While your family is forced to watch.

osprey

Postby osprey » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:25 am

Nick, captcha plz kthx.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Return to “Airport”