Friday, May 28, 1999: Cloning

Revisiting old Ozy & Millie comics.

Moderator:Æron

NonsenseWords
Friday, May 28, 1999: Cloning

Postby NonsenseWords » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:14 am

Setup seems a bit drawn out, in my opinion, but it's a cute strip.

cougartiger

Re: Friday, May 28, 1999: Cloning

Postby cougartiger » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:57 am

"Eh?" Yeah, funny strip. I always wondered what happened to that cat girl. I kinda like her even if she has no personality of her own.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:50 pm

Her name is Rebbecca. She was a close friend of Felicia but when Felicia started doing the whole goth and/or shaving thing, they started drifting apart. Years later she would wonder what could have been had she reached out to Felicia. Later, in college she experimented with heavy rock and light drugs and eventually became an orthodontist in Detroit. She lives with her partner Sam.
This is one of the few strips in which it's acknowledged that the characters are animals. That fact is usually pretty incidental to what they do, but when scientists started cloning sheep, this gag kind of became too obvious not to do.

A lot of final panels from this period are not so much punchlines as kind of... wrapups. Ozy or somebody will say the equivalent of "yeah, and that's that," like he does here. It's something I got better about avoiding, later.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:11 am

I always found it a little jarring when it was shown they were animals as related to real world stuff like this. It just seems awkward.

Return to “The O&M Archaeological Committee”