Friday, May 15, 1998: I hate this decade

Revisiting old Ozy & Millie comics.

Moderator:Æron

NonsenseWords
Friday, May 15, 1998: I hate this decade

Postby NonsenseWords » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:22 am

I dunno why, but this one... meh. I think it's just because I don't really like this particular joke setup (two people looking in different directions, one comments on something the other can't see). It's nicely done, no doubt, I like the vista and the visual, I just don't like this setup. *shrugs*

Maggot Brain

Re: Friday, May 15, 1998: I hate this decade

Postby Maggot Brain » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:39 am

It's weird, I'm just noticing that I have that exact view near my house. Cool.

The comic's alright. Not really funny, but well done.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:42 am

Established in 1996 - ScenicView Web Company is a full-service Web Presence Provider. We are committed to excellence in web site design, site maintenance and responsiveness to our clients. We work closely with our customers to create a site that matches their personality and needs. We endeavor to build functional, attractive sites at a reasonable cost.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Feefers

Postby Feefers » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:20 am

Myself I quite like that there's webcams in places I couldn't get to easily and i've never seen a billboard like that spoiling the view.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:35 pm

Myself I quite like that there's webcams in places I couldn't get to easily and i've never seen a billboard like that spoiling the view.
This. As for the comic, it's OK. I get the point DCS is trying to make but it seems a little heavy handed. Not that DCS knows how to be subtle. LOL.

It does seem weird that Ozy can't see a giant sign just a foot away. Would've worked better if the sign was some distance away.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:55 am

Its like DCS is addressing an issue that doesn't need to be addressed. Has anybody else in the world noticed the horrible trend of url signs being put up in places that destroy nature? I guess it could be a comment on urls being on everything, but even then I don't see the problem. Maybe when I am enjoying M&Ms I might want to know where on the web I can find out more information on my favorite treat.

sad jazz cantaloupe

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:32 am

you have to keep in mind that this was back in 1998, during the early half of the dot-com boom. the internet wasn't the long-acquainted, comfortable place it is now. While I agree that this strip is dumb if it were made now, I remember it making more sense when I first read it...
Apologies to everyone. Except Fritz.
First of all, Fritz, do yourself a favor and research your own answers before you post.

Feefers

Postby Feefers » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:11 am

I guess it could be a comment on urls being on everything, but even then I don't see the problem.
I was listening to a really intresting program on the wireless presented by some very smart people that were having a discussion on URL's being mostly pointless now, you don't go to www.buymeasoda.com you go to a search engine instead, even if your URL is exceptionally memetically rememberably it's unlikely anyone will even notice what the URL they go to is.

osprey

Postby osprey » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:51 pm

I actually found this strip quite funny when I first read it...it was one of the ones I had tacked in my cube way back in the day. It still makes me smile.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Return to “The O&M Archaeological Committee”