June 12th, 2009

Talk about recent Raine Dog comics.
nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:33 pm

Honestly, you're so demanding.

(You might need to force refresh.)
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

klimt

Postby klimt » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:03 pm

is that...actual effort i see? still getting a horribly creepy vibe from page 2...but otherwise this works for me.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:39 pm

Physical leashes are unnecessary when what tethers you is fear. I once had a pet cat who got out of the house and found herself in the brand new world of the front yard. She then freaked out and desperately tried to get back inside.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:02 pm

We don't tie out our dog; she has free roam. But she knows not to leave the yard under penalty of HARSH WORDS.

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:05 pm

This is beautiful.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:15 am

I don't know if this was asked, but since Raine got spayed does that mean that animals and humans in this comic can have sex? Why else would the parents punish her with that for the kiss incident rather than just sending her away immediately?

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:20 am

Please forgive my ingnorance but when an animal is spayed it is believed that said animal's frisky-ness would reduce and therefore the kiss would no longer become a problem. Raine, before the kiss, was what we can infer as good dog. So just one slip up doesn't seem suffiecent enough to send her away.

Quexinos

Postby Quexinos » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:53 am

Well you just won yourself some Interents.

So now we're back on flashbacks? I wanted to see more of the cat :(
Quexinos - Worse than Hitler

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:55 pm

I don't, the cat was annoying. This part of the story is the interesting part IMO.

Also, it works SOOOOOO much better in chunks like this...like, wow, the way WE suggested he do it from day one.

Some people.

*rolls eyes upwards in a jovially sarcastic fashion*

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:47 pm

Aw, I liked the cat and hope we'll see more of him. I'm hoping he and Rain are having a steamy interspecies romance.

As for the rest, it does read better this way though I wish DCS would've stuck to her original plan and published it as a graphic novel.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:54 pm

I don't know if this was asked, but since Raine got spayed does that mean that animals and humans in this comic can have sex? Why else would the parents punish her with that for the kiss incident rather than just sending her away immediately?
It seems to be implied that humans and animals can indeed have sex in this world. Perhaps DCS will go into more detail as the story goes on.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:06 am

This is beautiful.
Agreed. :lol:
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:31 am

is that...actual effort i see? still getting a horribly creepy vibe from page 2...but otherwise this works for me.
Sadly, i do see the same thing @_@

funkytank

Postby funkytank » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:50 am

I don't know what I would do if I didn't like Fresh Prince anymore.

but it's really weird to see Rain's nose get longer and shorter, it's like Simpson has gotten lazy with her style since Ozy and Millie.

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:50 am

but it's really weird to see Rain's nose get longer and shorter, it's like Simpson has gotten lazy with her style since Ozy and Millie.
Funky... You appear to not know the story behind the tire-swing picture... Well its not exactly a story... But... Have you seen the tire-swing picture? Its painful to see Ozy and Millie drawn that way...

On a different note, the story-telling is getting better, and I acknowledge that getting creeped out is not necesarily a bad thing. I'm not saying DCS is any J.D Salindger, but the fact the Holden Caulfield is such an unlikable person from most perspectives is what makes him a great character (Holden is my hero by the way, I don't care what anybody says). Its his faults that make him interesting. Sometimes the most engaging things to read and see can be rather distrubing. But then again this has been said before by other people about Raine Dog, so waht I'm saying is nothing new other than the fact that I admit the story appears to be improving immensely (but still has a ways to go). I still feel that its worth only a periodic visit. Nothing seems knew enough, the whole thing reeks of rehash of something... But I can't quite recall it.

P.S Nick... Thats funny as hell.

Return to “Raine Dog Strips”