Planning the Landing Strip

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Sat May 06, 2006 3:01 am

I have just updated The Landing Strip for this forum implementation.
  • All of the links regarding the forums, subforums, new topics, staff members, and other relevant forum links have been updated to point to this one instead of the old forum.
  • Sabre was removed from the listed moderators, and Zaaphod has been added.
  • The PM links were removed; everyone can access them from the profile links anyway.
  • The bulk of "Getting Started" was removed because they do not apply to this implementation and rewriting the tutorial for making new profiles would delay this update for too long.
  • I also took the hosting offer down; members are welcome to seek or offer hosting privately.

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Sun May 07, 2006 4:09 am

• I also took the hosting offer down; members are welcome to seek or offer hosting privately.
You might also want to do something about Felix's thread (in this forum) offering image hosting. He's no longer a member here; at the very least you can ask what he wants done with it.

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:48 am

• Should the reference to "Ozy and Millie by David Craig Simpson." be changed to Dana Claire?
  • Should the reference to "the admins Simon a.k.a. 5hfifty and Likeafox" be changed to just LAF?
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:39 am

Yeah, I think The Landing Strip needs a major overhaul. Since the last edit, we've added a forum, discussed a lot of policies, and moved the entire discussion board again, this time to a new server.

Please, please, I would like to entertain some more discussion on how this important welcoming post needs to be improved.

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:07 pm

Newest edits to The Landing Strip:
  • The two paragraphs citing "Site Conduct" have been given a section heading.
    • A clarification has been added to the end to explicitly state what is and what is not appropriate for this discussion board.
    • Another paragraph was added to provide common sense in the event of a forum argument.
    • Other than the names and links to the moderating staff, the paragraphs themselves have remained unchanged.
  • Links to the forums themselves have been corrected to match the present layout, and the names of the sections have been removed as in the layout as well.
  • Older Posts has been modified to accoint for House Rules being a seperate forum from Current Strips
  • A sentence has been added to recommend linking to older topics from a new one.
  • The IRC section has been updated to remove irc.acidchat.net and manc.acidchat.net from the list of servers and to add wtfux.acidchat.net.
  • A link to the Acidchat site has also been added to allow members to check the site for new servers and server status.
  • The Hosting section was edited to reflect the fact that members cannot upload images to DC in their posts. This was a feature in the previous forum implementation, which was changed last February.
[*] (oops) Replaced all the links pointing to definecynical.mancubus.net with ones to www.definecynical.net.
If you see any errors I have missed here, please contact me or post it in this topic.

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:33 am

Another little point: Update the list of colourists for HouseRules. ;)
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:22 am

Oops? Okay... to the best of my knowledge, the current colorists of House Rules are Caigan, CodeCat, IceDragon, and Octan. Am I missing anyone?

Edit: Are Allison and Ghostway still coloring there?

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:41 pm

Allison hasn't been around even since I started, and I think Ghostway left recently, not sure. Best to ask Caigan really.
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

The Donmeister

Postby The Donmeister » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:20 am

The link to The Attic (Other Important Places) no longer works, and I don't think the Yahoo group exists anymore.

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:18 pm

The link to The Attic (Other Important Places) no longer works
Try this one
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:42 pm

With the way the archives are arranged now, The Attic seems a little redundant.
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:33 pm

Not true. Now that there is no longer a search feature, the best way to find a certain strip is to look in the Attic and use the browser's Find command.

The Donmeister

Postby The Donmeister » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:49 am

I was wondering if the "General Discussion" reference should be updated to say "Ozy and Millie" instead.

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:53 am

definitely.
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:59 pm

A couple of suggestions:

1. Since the Yahoo! mailing list has been discontinued, either remove the link or make a note that it's only archives now.

2. I realize that DCS doesn't own the place, but you might say politely not to bring up Ralph Hayes, Jr. or any of his creations.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Return to “The Site”