Weird News

Everything that might be happening in our world today, tomorrow, or yesterday.

Moderator:Æron

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)
Re: Weird News

Postby nickspoon » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:53 am

VisMis!

That's pretty cheap, for a whole village. What does owning a village entitle you to?
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

VisibilityMissing

Postby VisibilityMissing » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:31 pm

VisMis!

That's pretty cheap, for a whole village. What does owning a village entitle you to?
Petty, tinplated dictatorship with delusions of godhood?
"The beauty of this is that it is only of theoretical importance,
and there is no way it can be of any practical use whatsoever."
- Sidney Harris

"Perhaps they've discovered the giant whoopee cushion I hid
under the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge." http://ozyandmillie.org/2002/01/03/ozy-and-millie-819/

VisibilityMissing

Postby VisibilityMissing » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:08 pm

Alligator takes late-night stroll through town

Reuters
Fri Jul 2, 12:19 pm ET

BERLIN (Reuters) – An alligator was found roaming the streets of a small German town in the middle of the night, authorities said on Friday.

Police in Gross-Rohrheim got a 2 a.m. phone call on Thursday from a bystander who said he had just seen an alligator walking in front of a motorcycle shop in the center of town.
Oil broker banned for drunk trading binge

Reuters
By David Sheppard – Tue Jun 29, 11:43 am ET

LONDON (Reuters) – Britain's financial regulator has fined and banned a former broker for manipulating oil prices by buying more than 7 million barrels while on a drinking binge.

The Financial Services Authority (FSA) said it fined Steven Perkins, a former employee of PVM Oil Futures Ltd, 72,000 pounds ($108,000) and banned him from working in financial services for at least five years for carrying out trades without the authority of clients or his employer.
"The beauty of this is that it is only of theoretical importance,
and there is no way it can be of any practical use whatsoever."
- Sidney Harris

"Perhaps they've discovered the giant whoopee cushion I hid
under the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge." http://ozyandmillie.org/2002/01/03/ozy-and-millie-819/

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:05 am

"The alligator was taken into custody," police said in a statement. Authorities soon found it had escaped from a small circus being staged at a nearby school. The alligator was later handed over to school officials.
WTF?

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:27 pm

BBC apologises over Tomasz Schafernaker weather gesture
The BBC has apologised after weatherman Tomasz Schafernaker was caught making a rude gesture live on air.

He raised his middle finger after news presenter Simon McCoy jokingly said his forecast would be "100% accurate".

After realising he had been shown on screen, Schafernaker tried to cover up by pretending to scratch his chin.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:53 pm

That excuse never works.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

"The alligator was taken into custody," police said in a statement. Authorities soon found it had escaped from a small circus being staged at a nearby school. The alligator was later handed over to school officials.
WTF?
I rescind that WTF. Clearly the alligator was just hungry and the school had some spare children.

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Tue May 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Wed May 09, 2012 3:07 am

Know what's weird about that? This article was posted today (as of my clock while writing this), but I know I've read about that before, possibly them going to North Korea, or just in China, probably about 3-4 months ago or so.
[00:34:00] <Dermy> I do love to manipulate the standard rules of language for opportunistic effect
[00:34:06] <Dermy> Like a grammar hyena, I am
[00:34:16] <Dermy> Munching on the tasty entrails of tradition

[22:26:20] <MuffinSticks> I'm a chocolate muffin with white ears and a striped black and red tail
[22:26:35] <MuffinSticks> And exactly 6 chips

My DA account, for those who care enough to look/click/etc.
And my FA account as well!

Return to “World Events”