Throat surgery on Friday

New to the forum? Going on vacation? Tell us about it.

Moderator:Æron

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:45 am

Yeah I saw this thing on TV where like one in a million people become conscious after being given anaesthetic. They can't move or speak or anything, but they can feel all the pain.

-Edit yeah and good luck with your surgery

I saw that movie. Then he's like a ghost and his mom does a bunch of pills. Very good.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:48 am

Yeah I saw this thing on TV where like one in a million people become conscious after being given anaesthetic. They can't move or speak or anything, but they can feel all the pain.

-Edit yeah and good luck with your surgery

I saw that movie. Then he's like a ghost and his mom does a bunch of pills. Very good.
Movies's called "Awake" Yeah I seen it too. Have it actually.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:10 am

Oh I just saw it on dateline or something =/
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:19 am

This is my first time using internet since my surgery. It was supposed to be day surgery but they kept me there from Friday morning until Sunday evening. Apparently I had the OPPOSITE problem, I had trouble coming out of anasthesia! And now I'm all drugged up. Thanks for the well wishes everyone. :) I know this will make me healthier eventually!

As for my voice I just sound congested

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:57 am

You are required to eat ice cream constantly until you're better. Srsly.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:30 am

Glad to hear the your okay!

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:40 am

I had nightmares about you waking up. Now I can rest easy.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:11 pm

Glad that everything went alright.

*notes susceptibility to anaesthetics*
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Re: Throat surgery on Friday

Postby Caoimhin » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:54 am

Hope you're recovery goes well and that any followups prove successful (what ever that may mean, in other words, glad to hear everything is ok and hope that it stays ok).

Doc Sigma

Re:

Postby Doc Sigma » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:04 am

Either that's an urban legend, or it's just not true in my specific case -- my throat is extremely sensitive to cold at the moment, and will be for several weeks. Even when under the influence of the truly fantastic narcotics my doctor gave me, cold stuff just hurts. :(

cougartiger

Re:

Postby cougartiger » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:11 am

This is my first time using internet since my surgery. It was supposed to be day surgery but they kept me there from Friday morning until Sunday evening. Apparently I had the OPPOSITE problem, I had trouble coming out of anasthesia! And now I'm all drugged up. Thanks for the well wishes everyone. :) I know this will make me healthier eventually!

Glad you're OK. When I had my tonsils out, I couldn't talk for a week. Everytime I tried, it hurt like hell. But then again, that was the 1970's. I'm sure surgical techniques have come a long way since then.
Either that's an urban legend, or it's just not true in my specific case -- my throat is extremely sensitive to cold at the moment, and will be for several weeks. Even when under the influence of the truly fantastic narcotics my doctor gave me, cold stuff just hurts. :(
It's not urban legend. When I woke up, the doctor looked me over and when he was sure I was OK, he sent in a nurse who had a big bowl of vanilla ice cream for me. I ate the whole thing. They released me an hour or so later and I spent the rest of the day sleeping off and on.

So, I'm guessing your throat is just really sensitive now. Give it time.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Doc Sigma

Re: Re:

Postby Doc Sigma » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:14 am

Glad you're OK. When I had my tonsils out, I couldn't talk for a week. Everytime I tried, it hurt like hell. But then again, that was the 1970's. I'm sure surgical techniques have come a long way since then.
It's not urban legend. When I woke up, the doctor looked me over and when he was sure I was OK, he sent in a nurse who had a big bowl of vanilla ice cream for me. I ate the whole thing. They released me an hour or so later and I spent the rest of the day sleeping off and on.

So, I'm guessing your throat is just really sensitive now. Give it time.
Yikes! You went home an hour later? I went home over two days later... I guess mine was a bit more serious... or I almost died or something. I did have more stuff done, though (they also took out my adenoids, and reduced my nasal turbinates, and fixed my deviated septum, and removed some wart-like thing from my soft palate)...

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:02 am

(they also took out my adenoids, and reduced my nasal turbinates, and fixed my deviated septum, and removed some wart-like thing from my soft palate)...
Holy shit, you're a brand new Doc Sigma!
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:37 am

Just be glad you didn't have this problem in the 1920's when Roald Dahl had an operation for adenoids when he was a child.

"The tiny blade flashed in the bright light and disappeared into my mouth. It went high up into the roof of my mouth, and the hand that held the blade gave four or five very quick twists and the next moment, out of my mouth into the basin came tumbling a whole mass of flesh and blood.
I was too shocked and outraged to do anything but yelp. I was horrified by the huge red lumps that had fallen out of my mouth into the white basin and my first thought was that the doctor had cut out the whole of the middle of my head.
'Those were your adenoids' I heard the doctor saying.
I sat there gasping. The roof of my mouth seemed to be on fire. I grabbed my mother's hand and held on to it tight. I couldn't believe that anyone would do this to me.
'Stay where you are,' the doctor said. 'You'll be all right in a minute.'
Blood was coming out of my mouth and dripping into the basin the nurse was holding. 'Spit it all out,' she said, 'there's a good boy.'
'You'll be able to breathe much better through your nose after this,' the doctor said.
The nurse wiped my lips and washed my face with a wet flannel. Then they lifted me out of the chair and stood me on my feet. I felt a bit groggy.
'We'll get you home,' my mother said, taking my hand. Down the stairs we went and onto the street. We started walking. I said walking. We walked the full half hour journey back to my grandparents' house, and when we arrived at last, I can remember as clearly as anything my grandmother saying, 'Let him sit down in that chair and rest for a while. After all, he's had an operation."
Holy shit, you're a brand new Doc Sigma!
"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic man. Doc Sigma will be that man. We can make him better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster."

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:29 am

Holy... holy CRAP... I feel like a cosmic wimp now! Jesus, they didn't even give the kid some aether? No wonder he wrote such dark, twisted stories...

Also, I am now a combination of the Six Million Dollar Man and a Daft Punk song, apparently. Cool!

Return to “Airport”