The Stanley Cup thread

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:45 am

Bruins are sucking ass tonight.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:32 am

They can NEVER beat the goddamn Habs when it really counts. *fumes*

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:37 am

Hahahaha. Carey Price with a shutout and Montreal with 5 goals is almost better then them winning game 6.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:59 am

At least we still have the Sawks and Celtics.

BladeRaptor

Postby BladeRaptor » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:22 am

The Flyers didn't do so well tonight, either. We had a great first period, then just fell apart in the later stages of the game. Now the series is going into game 7 in Washington. Either way, the series ends tomorrow.
It is a mistake to fancy that horror is associated inextricably with darkness, silence, and solitude. I found it in the glare of midafternoon, in the clangour of a metropolis...

Foxhound

Postby Foxhound » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:37 am

It burns.
Image < http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/
ImageImage
"No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up."

osprey

Postby osprey » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:11 am

Philly surprised me tonight. I don't think it was so much a Flyers collapse as it was Ovechkin finally waking up and providing some dominant offense like we've seen from him in the regular season. Game 7 there should be good.

I had a feeling the Habs were gonig to win tonight, but I was surprised by the margin. However, Price rebounded big time, and the Habs FINALLY won the special teams battle, as that is where Boston was getting them. Great fight by the Bruins though, I must say.

As for San Jose and Calgary, I'm going to go against what I said earlier and call a Flames win. Many people will give me strange looks for this, and I really have no specific reason to do this...I just have a feeling.
GO HABS GO!!!!
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:40 am

STILL YOUR TONGUE VILE KNAVE. :evil:

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:08 am

STILL YOUR TONGUE VILE KNAVE. :evil:
Well, you could say "go Habs and take the Expos with you," but the Expos already left. :P
Made by Angela. :D

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:02 am

Washington lost 3-2 at 6:06 into OT...

BladeRaptor

Postby BladeRaptor » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:15 am

Washington lost 3-2 at 6:06 into OT...
Dang, I got scooped!

But still, GO FLYERS!!!!!!

That was an exciting game. That goal that put it away was one of those moments where everything seemed to come together perfectly. Lupul had a perfect shot and he took it for the win!

Now, our next challenge will be the Montreal Canadiens.
It is a mistake to fancy that horror is associated inextricably with darkness, silence, and solitude. I found it in the glare of midafternoon, in the clangour of a metropolis...

osprey

Postby osprey » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:40 am

That was a surprise, I had Washington down to win that one. Great battle by the Flyers, and a great game by :marty: Biron. That was fun to watch. Currently watching the last game of round 1, Flames and Sharks game 7, it's tied 1-1. Once that ends I will make my Western conference predictions. Here's my Eastern predictions:

Montreal - Philadelphia: Montreal in 7 games. This is going to be a battle of home ice advantage with both teams having an amazing fanbase. Montreal has home ice advantage for this series. Another storyline will be a battle of the top two powerplays in the regular season. In the end, it all comes down to goaltending, and I think Carey Price has the edge here. Going into tonight, Biron had he worst save percentage in the playoffs, and although he played brilliantly tonight, fatigue is a factor for him. This is going to be an amazing series though.

Pittsburgh - New York: New York in 6 games. Now you might be saying "New York, wtf?". But the fact of the matter is, no matter how high-flying the Penguins offense may be, they aren't exactly the strongest team on defense. This should be their undoing...the Rangers are a very well-rounded team, balanced on scoring and D, and let's not forget they have a Vezina candidate (award for best goalie) in the net in Henrik Lundquist, while there are still question marks surrounding Fleury. While the Penguins may have better offense with their high-flying ways, they are just not strong enough defensively, and let's not forget NY has players like Jagr and Gomez who have proven they can roll with the league's best.

EDIT:

Well, the Sharks have defeated the Flames 5-3, thus setting up the Western Conference 2nd round games.

Detroit - Colorado: Detroit in 6 games. Sorry to all the Avs fans here, but I really don't think they have what it takes to defeat this Detroit powerhouse. One of the best offenses in the league, coupled with a defense that has taken home more hardware than your local Home Depot make Detroit a powerful force. The only reason that the Predators managed to force the series to 6 games was Dominik Hasek's shakiness in the net. However, Chris Osgood took over and was rock solid. Colorado's offense may be rolling, but it's going to be hard to beat such an all-star defense and a solid goaltender, plus an offense that can match them stride for stride. Jose Theodore will shine some more for the Avs however, and this will be a very close one.

San Jose - Dallas: Dallas in 5 games. Everyone knows I'm putting a lot of expectations on Dallas this season, but I think they're exremely underrated. San Jose may have won their series, but they were forced to 7 games by the big underdog Calgary, with their streaky play throughout the team raising big question marks. However, Dallas have been very solid, their offense is rolling, their defense is clamping down, :marty: Turco is playing as well as he ever has, and let's not forget, they'll be better rested. San Jose may have home ice advantage, but Dallas has proven against Anaheim they can go into opposing buildings and come away with the win.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:04 am

:marty: Turco
I C WAT U DID THUR.

BladeRaptor

Postby BladeRaptor » Sun May 04, 2008 2:29 am

I'm digging up this thread to say that the Flyers just won their series against the Canadiens with an exciting 6-4 victory in game 5! Our next opponent will be the winner of the Penguins/Rangers series, which is currently being led by the Penguins 3 games to 1.

osprey

Postby osprey » Sun May 04, 2008 2:52 am

DAMN my Eastern Conference predictions sucked ass for round 2 this year. Luckily Detroit won, though in 2 less games than I predicted, and Dallas should still win, though it will be at least one more game than I thought.

Return to “Anything”