Is There A Fox Preference?

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Yes
55%
No
7%
Maybe
29%
I Don't Know
10%

Total votes: 42

Llewthepoet

Postby Llewthepoet » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:31 pm

I was doing some thinking and I realized a possible fact. That is that there could be a fox preference among people here. Then I thought, "Why this was?" Then it hit me: Ozy and Millie, the main characters of the comic are foxes and people who like foxes would attracted by them. Also, lots of people here have fox fursonas and movies such as Robin Hood and The Fox and The Hound are very popular here.

Is this true? What are your thoughts? I'm just throwing this out there.

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:43 pm

I had a really weird dream one night and near the end there were lots of dead animals lying on the floor of a beautiful Victorian house. Everything had this bright lighting to it, although it could be described as the light that comes through the window of a dusty undisturbed attic, giving things a glowing aura. This wasn't exactly scary just surreal, and I saw a furry in a Victorian dress crying. It was vixen. And that was it, but its interesting that of all animals (which even the ones dead on the floor were not foxes) it would be a fox that would exhibit that most human qualities in the dream. So maybe I do have a fox preference. I just psycho-analysized myself :shock: .

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:52 pm

I had a really weird dream one night and near the end there were lots of dead animals lying on the floor of a beautiful Victorian house.
The Aristocrats!

Liz
Staff

Postby Liz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:31 pm

Honestly, I always thought Ozy was a wolf. <<; 'Cause, you know, wolves are grey.

But I'm sure most people here are fox people. Seeing as the main characters are foxes, it's not a surprise fox people will flock to this place. *shrugs*

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:35 pm

Ozy is an Arctic Fox.

Liz
Staff

Postby Liz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:45 pm

Ozy is an Arctic Fox.
Ah.
I liked it better thinking he was a wolf. Haha. But that's just me.
Ozy is still awesome. :D

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:07 pm

I like foxes. I like other animals more.

I mostly read O&M for the cuteness.

Sage

Postby Sage » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:44 pm

My favorite foxes are grey foxes.

Squirrels are pretty cool too, and I saw lots of "fox people" here and I decided "Hey it would be anticlimatic/weird to see all these foxes, which could be predators, and suddenly there was a squirrel..."

So that's my story.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:47 pm

¯\(o_°)/¯

Sage

Postby Sage » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:48 pm

¯\(o_°)/¯
:3

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:21 pm

It's not just here. Most of the furry fandom has a disproportionate presence of foxes, especially red foxes. Maybe it's for the way they combine the features of our two favorite pets, cats and dogs. But I like to picture a spoof on the Spike Lee Nike ads: "It's gotta be the tail!"
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Sage

Postby Sage » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:35 pm

I like grey foxes :3

I always think Ozy would make a better grey fox than an arctic fox... but then we wouldn't have that winter coat spoof thing...

Also... I wonder what it is about the tail that makes people like it. is it the size? or is it that it has a white tip at the end?

CoreyFox

Postby CoreyFox » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:46 pm

I've liked foxes ever since my sister bought a tiny fox plushie at Hallmark. At that time, i had a soft spot for forest creatures, but not just foxes: Squirrels, skunks, deer, raccoons, and recently, after seeing Over The Hedge, opossums.

On the other hand, it's pretty obvious if you look at my username and fursona that i like foxes. In fact, i discovered Ozy and Millie after typing "anthropomorphic foxes" into Yahoo! It was my first webcomic, and soon enough, the webcomic that launched my interest in other webcomics (i.e. Newshounds, 21st Century Fox, Dandy & Company).

But one webcomic had to be deleted from my Favorites for good. It was West Corner of the Park. The strip often shows foxes being abused, killed or eaten. The creator really went too far one time when he drew a strip that showed Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog being killed. Worse, the strip's forum is busted, possibily deliberate so fox lovers can't send him angry messages. Anyway, like i said, i'm not reading that strip anymore.

My favorite fox would have to be the red fox. It's the most talked-about species of fox in the world, isn't it?

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:37 pm

I mostly read O&M for the cuteness.
Javs that's a really FURRY thing to say.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Sage

Postby Sage » Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:38 pm

BUM BUM BUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!

Return to “Anything”