SNOW!

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:20 am

I miss so the snow. The most snow we've had in N.C. was a flurry that melted in about an hour. I miss New Jersey.... :sad:
Well, up here in the North it becomes a simple fact of life for 3-4 months. It's pretty unusual to have it leave the ground at all once it starts--but then the weather is always so weird anyway...
My DeviantArt | My LiveJournal | My Webcomic
Cameron is awesome because:
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-He lives in Idaho among the wilderness and stuff and I envy him for that. 3:
-He is probably one of the most personable artists on here.
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

Holyman83
Location:A bluish sphere in space orbiting a star in the Milky Way

Postby Holyman83 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:49 am

I WANT SNOW!

klimt

Postby klimt » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:19 am

I WANT SNOW!
no, you just think you want snow. what you actually want is to go skiing somewhere for a weekend, then retreat to a snow free area.

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:35 am

*throws a snowball at klimt*
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

datherman

Postby datherman » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:40 am

Georgia barely gets any snow, and nobody here is used to even semi-cold weather. I have actually overheard someone say "Oh, I just hate it when it gets below 70" before.

I've always liked the cold better than the heat, really. Oh well.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:35 am

I live in Michigan and I have relatives from Illinois who are kind of like that. Not that bad, but its still strange because you would think they wouldn't be much different from us but they'll come to visit and all be wearing sweat shirts and jacketsbecause its night and were going outside and my family are all wearing the same thing we had on at the beach earlier.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:32 pm

If it starts snowing where I am, I will be very worried about the climate system of the earth.
But... your location is given as "anywhere imaginary." I can think of several snowy places in fiction....
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

That_Person

Postby That_Person » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:40 pm

I miss so the snow. The most snow we've had in N.C. was a flurry that melted in about an hour. I miss New Jersey.... :sad:
Don't. >: No snow down here in South Jersey. Not sure about North Jersey, but I doubt it
My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.
~Thomas Paine

Tarukai

Postby Tarukai » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:01 pm

I love the snow... at least for the first half of winter, if not past then. Living in Upstate New York, I have it as intensely as Cameron does usually, but right now it's just cold (not that I'm complaining ^__^).

and yeah, Cameron, it looks awesome over there. In some areas around here it'll look like that once we get snow, but for now, I want to go visit you D:

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:32 am

What the hell is snow?
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:04 am

What the hell is snow?
Cocaine. :P
Made by Angela. :D

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:29 am

What the hell is snow?
Cocaine. :P
Cameron! You're rich!
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Miles E Traysandor

Postby Miles E Traysandor » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:02 am

Well, up here in the North it becomes a simple fact of life for 3-4 months. It's pretty unusual to have it leave the ground at all once it starts--but then the weather is always so weird anyway...
Sounds about right in the Northeast. It'll be 60 degrees one day, and barely two days later it'll be 10 degrees with a windchill below 0 and six inches of snow on the ground. :P

"...If you don't like the weather, wait 5 days and it's almost guaranteed to be different."
This signature may spontaneously combust at any given moment. Make sure there's a fresh can of gasoline handy.

Remember, call in the next ten minutes to recieve your Absolutely Free Official Llewellyn Inaction Figure! [Shipping, Handling, and resulting Dragon Conspiracies not included]

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:33 am

Sounds about right in the Northeast. It'll be 60 degrees one day, and barely two days later it'll be 10 degrees with a windchill below 0 and six inches of snow on the ground. :P

"...If you don't like the weather, wait 5 days and it's almost guaranteed to be different."
Sounds like New England. That's where I live. :P
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:44 am

One time when I went in for a class at 9 am it was 75 degrees out. When I left said class at 10 am it was 48 degrees out.

Explain THAT.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Return to “Anything”