Off the Shelf

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.
Off the Shelf

Postby VenM2 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:29 am

When I got the money I took the chance and bought a new Armored Core plastic model. The model kits for these mechs are quite complex... the newest one alone had hundred upon hundreds of parts and took over 12 hours to put together alone. Unfortunately I suck at painting and won't touch them with paint. Even so I'd have to use model cement to seal the seams and I have no idea how to do any of that.

Here it is completely unassembled on my art desk :D. Notice the size of the box it came in and the number of parts...

Now here it is fully assembled!!!

Cool eh? Well worth the $30.

Meh, I just wanted to make a few action pics with my other models but then I put them together in one page and what do you know? I get a sequence of events... A pretty dumb one but hey, camera's gotta do something.
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9839 ... picsf5.jpg
Last edited by VenM2 on Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:32 am

No lulz produced.

VenM2
Location:Savannah College of Art and Design. Not really, I just go there for school.

Postby VenM2 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:33 am

ya, I know its not funny. It is late and I am not good at funny. I just happened to take several pics and just thought of putting it together.

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:31 am

"For those who don't know, Armored Cores are humanoid mechs who's design reflects a gritty and realistic form and not a stylized and flashy Gundam style."

Looks like a Gundam with black paint.

VenM2

Postby VenM2 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:41 am

:? They have a completely different style you know.

Foxhound

Postby Foxhound » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:54 am

It does look at least slightly more gritty in the fact that it doesn't have some bright, highly noticeable paintjob. That, and it's a little more curvaceous. Other than that, though, it does look pretty Gundam.
Image < http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/
ImageImage
"No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up."

Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:05 am

Good work donnie. :D

VenM2

Postby VenM2 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:46 am

It does look at least slightly more gritty in the fact that it doesn't have some bright, highly noticeable paintjob. That, and it's a little more curvaceous. Other than that, though, it does look pretty Gundam.
Perhaps it is the particular model I bought. There are 2 styles of these mechs: Curvy and Boxy. The one you see is the curvy style. A gundam has that crazy samurai helmet thing with the V thing on the head and the short torsos. ACs are characterized by a long torso and camera head eyes among other things. Trust me, when I look at them they look completely different.

This is an AC
http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/4572/m ... obilp0.jpg

And real funny Chris :grin:

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:24 pm

Nerds! Nerds! Nerds! Nerds! Nerds!

But hey it's what you're into so cool. Glad you like it man.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:35 pm

Eh, I've been spoiled. I just can't admire a giant robot unless it also causes the end of the world as we know it. And I feel fine.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

VenM2

Postby VenM2 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:16 pm

Nerds! Nerds! Nerds! Nerds! Nerds!
Is it nerdy to know the difference in artistic and concept styles? Being able to identify differences and what makes each one so distinct and signature? If so... then every artist in the world is a nerd, every designer is a nerd, and every sport player is a nerd.

Well now that this is chore of a model is done and my room further decorated I shall proceed to drawing.

VolkswagenFox

Postby VolkswagenFox » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:30 pm

Is it nerdy to know the difference in artistic and concept styles? Being able to identify differences and what makes each one so distinct and signature? If so... then every artist in the world is a nerd, every designer is a nerd, and every sport player is a nerd.
There is nothing wrong with being a "nerd." I believe everybody is a nerd in some way, shape or form. A nerd or geek is just someone who is really interested in a certain thing.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:27 pm

Making models of robots is nerdy, yes.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

VenM2

Postby VenM2 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:52 pm

Better than making a model of a car :? . Those are boring as hell. At least I can get some challenge and satisfaction out of this one.

VolkswagenFox

Postby VolkswagenFox » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:35 pm

Better than making a model of a car :? . Those are boring as hell. At least I can get some challenge and satisfaction out of this one.
What? I used to build model cars all the time. They aren't boring! But I'm a car buff, so my opinion might be biased. :wink:

Return to “Arts”