O&M AIM icons?!?!?!?!?!?

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

YakkSoho

Postby YakkSoho » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:27 pm

I have a question, I noticed some AIM icons in the "Stuff" section of this site. I have AOL and as far as I know you can only use <i>their</i> icons. The directions are just to save the icon as a picture. So you can use any regular jpeg or gif as an AIM icon? WHAT?! I've had AOL for 5 years and that is news to me. Can someone tell me how to do this or at least what the hell is going on? Thanks!<br><br>-----------<br>Raincloud<br><br>"No Good without Evil. No Love without Hate. No Innocence without Lust. I am Darkness."<br><br>O&M JJ1 Ozy++!" Mil++i^"t Ste- Dad+^ Mom+t P{++} \\${++} Oy85 GU CoCA

hdofu

Postby hdofu » Sun Nov 23, 2003 9:34 pm

You go into prefferences and you go to aim avatars, and select that picture as the one you would use.
[url=http://www.wikitsune.com][img]http://www.wikitsune.com/wikitsune.png[/img][/url]

Dr. Doog

Postby Dr. Doog » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:21 pm

HAHA! i thought everyone knew that!
pants jesus
DCS should've ended the comic a year or two ago.

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:02 am

Well, technically, since I don't use anything AOL, I didn't know how those would be done either. Of course, it makes sense that they would, or else it would get too dull for AOL's target market's collectively short attention span.

spamfish

Postby spamfish » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:43 am

In the Preferences, in the Buddy Icons tab, there's a "Browse PC..." button where you can choose your downloaded icon. I have the latest version of AIM, so the instructions may be different if you have an older version.

Return to “Arts”