Fanart ideas?

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

Trance

Postby Trance » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:56 pm

Hi. Anyone got a cool idea or something that they would like to someday see in a piece of fanart? I think it would be nice to gather here and post foggy concepts/ideas/requests for fanart and stuff.<br><br>I got a couple myself. I'll attempt them, but it'll take a while. I've got one idea of Millie in her scientist coat with the frizzed fur, standing in front of the standard mad scientist table (with accessories and everything) holding a vial of blue liquid and shooting a rather evil glance at you.<br><br>Or, Ozy riding a Harley. His vest could have buttons and patches on it, and he's wearing a large pair of shades. "Bad to the Bone".<br><br>I got a few more, but I'll get to them later. Any others feel free to post their ideas here.

GhostWay

Postby GhostWay » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:09 am

Well, I do have an idea of sorts, but it's not quite for a drawing. It would require balsa wood, glue, an exacto knife, and sewing pins to start. Basically, I was thinking of either making a "statue" of sorts or a plushie, and constructing the framework out of balsa, which I have several years of experience working with. but I don't have access to any, or a suitable working area right now...<br><br>As for your ideas, Ozy on a motorbike doesn't exactly sound correct for his character. Unless, of course, it has something to do with the book <i>Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance</i>.
<i>Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.</i>

dcsimpson

Postby dcsimpson » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:18 am

<!--QuoteBegin-GhostWay+Feb 25 2005, 12:09 AM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (GhostWay @ Feb 25 2005, 12:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> As for your ideas, Ozy on a motorbike doesn't exactly sound correct for his character. Unless, of course, it has something to do with the book <i>Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance</i>. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> There's also something to be said for irony, which is something Ozy appreciates.

Timblatt45

Postby Timblatt45 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:44 am

I, personaly, have all sorts of Ideas. Weather any are valid, I really don't know. I often, when I read something new to me and become enthrawled as I have O&M, fantasise about being in that world and how I would react, so therefore I have givin thought to the notion of Fanart shortstorys and putting yourself in the story, But I dunno bout that one, maybe its just me and my wild imagination at work there.<br> I have drawn one of my characters sitting shrunk beside Miss Mudd, and her asking if she really wants to know, so I kindof like seeing folks drawing themselves as O&M characters, at least in that style, and interacting with the their fav characters of the strip, maybe, course that has already been about half thought up, so I can't take it for my own Idea.<br> then theres several more, like drawing fav characters in popular movie character attire: for instense Matrix, Gostbusters, Fith Element, Monty Python, etc. But alas, I'm just musing I supose. I have several more Ideas, but perhapes someone else will take up the preverbial bat and go to the plate.
"That still only counts as one" -Gimley<br>"Sic Dis Pacum Parrebellum"-punisher<br>"Music is the Avacado Of Death!" - Mr. Larnblatt

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:52 am

The movie idea was what I was thinking for the next fanart contest, but we should wait a while before starting I think.

GhostWay

Postby GhostWay » Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:09 am

Monty Python....<br><br>Great. Now I've got this image in my head of a group of dragon conspirators demanding a shrubbery. >_<
<i>Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.</i>

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:35 am

<!--QuoteBegin-GhostWay+Feb 25 2005, 09:09 PM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (GhostWay @ Feb 25 2005, 09:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> Monty Python....<br><br>Great. Now I've got this image in my head of a group of dragon conspirators demanding a shrubbery. >_< <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><b><i><u><span style='color:red'>YES!!!!!</span></u></i></b></span>
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Timblatt45

Postby Timblatt45 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:59 am

Oh no look what I've started. *facepalms* hooboy, heres one O& M star wars
"That still only counts as one" -Gimley<br>"Sic Dis Pacum Parrebellum"-punisher<br>"Music is the Avacado Of Death!" - Mr. Larnblatt

Tavis
Moderator (retired)

Postby Tavis » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:02 am

One word: LEGO.<br><br>Okay, okay... How about... the consequences of letting Millie play in Lewellyn's sock drawer?

Henohenomoheji

Postby Henohenomoheji » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:32 am

Llewellyn: Ah... I see Millicent has been playing in my sock drawer...<br><br>Millie: Yes, master...<br><br>Timulty: Make her stand on her head!
Miyo! Chikara no chizu!<br><br>Living proof that Ninja and Pirates can live together in peace, harmony, and fun at the expense of ye hapless townsfolk.<br><br>"<br>< e<br> -|-|-/ < <br>< e <br>_________/ <br>-------------------------<br><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Hey... On page 375 it says "Jeebus"...</span>

Timblatt45

Postby Timblatt45 » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:31 pm

Oh I got it, O & M renniasance. Millie on the jousting pony trying to win her prince: Ozy. total role reversal for that period, knight winning lady to lady winning good sir.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:07 pm

Would a pony in O&M agree to be ridden?
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:01 pm

I stand firmly behind my 'More Fanart For Tavis' platform. Thank you.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

GamemasterAnthony

Postby GamemasterAnthony » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:38 am

Well, this is more of a request than anything, but I wouldn't mind daring people to do some strips based on the scripts I had done in <a href='http://definecynical.mancubus.net/forum ... owtopic=58' target='_blank'>this REALLY old thread</a> a while back.
The fourth wall has shatttered...

GhostWay

Postby GhostWay » Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:15 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Tavis+Feb 26 2005, 04:02 AM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (Tavis @ Feb 26 2005, 04:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> One word: LEGO. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> I've actually contemplated that. I even tried starting it with LeoCAD (a virtual lego builiding utility), but gave up rather quickly.

Return to “Arts”