Tuesday, September 23 - Sweet hindsight

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:19 pm

lol, i hate macs. i don't know why everyone's complaining about vista. i'm on a vista, and it's WAY faster than a mac, crashes only rarely (downloading big files, entering a dangerous site) and totally owns the mac's leopard operating system. 8)
lol, i hate windows. i don't know why everyone's complaing about leopard. i'm on a mac and it's WAY faster then a window, crashes only rarely (holding down the power button for 10 seconds) and totally owns the window vista operating system. 8)

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:21 pm

lol, i hate macs. i don't know why everyone's complaining about vista. i'm on a vista, and it's WAY faster than a mac, crashes only rarely (downloading big files, entering a dangerous site) and totally owns the mac's leopard operating system. 8)
lol, i hate windows. i don't know why everyone's complaing about leopard. i'm on a mac and it's WAY faster then a window, crashes only rarely (holding down the power button for 10 seconds) and totally owns the window vista operating system. 8)
You must be new to the internet. Hello.

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:53 pm

Code: Select all

~ <-- the joke O <-- your head
Funny :-P

Where did you get that animation in your signature, by the way? I've been meaning to ask for a while.
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:51 am

Ripped it from a scene in AMV Hell 3 (at the 58 minute mark if you're interested) and then removed frames with a GIF editor program.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Shinigetsu

Postby Shinigetsu » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:06 am

vi > emacs
OK, I'll try it out. I haven't gotten used to emacs enough to be really used to it. I've mostly just used actionscript in flash, but am trying to learn C or something. Since emacs won't compile anything I have been playing around with the command prompt and .bats a little.

osprey

Postby osprey » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:00 pm

I'm a Windows man, but I must admit Vista has been pissing me off lately. <3 XP.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

lastwyvern

Postby lastwyvern » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:59 pm

are you kidding me? im using a vista right now and now i REFUSE to use the XP's. they're just inferior. :evil:
ImageImageImage

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:30 pm

Right now, personally, I'm pretty content with XP, and I don't yet see any reason to switch to Vista. And probably half a dozen reasons not to. But if you can give me a really good advantage that Vista has over XP, I might just change my mind. Maybe. No guarantees.
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:03 pm

I see no reason to move to Vista; when I use XP, it does still function (although not as well as it used to, I'll have to look into that). Vista was plagued with problems which are mostly fixed with SP1, but the best advice is to wait for Windows 7 - the release of which is closer calendar-wise than Vista's.

Well, actually, I tell a lie; the best advice is to use Ubuntu.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:34 pm

I've got XP on my desktop and Vista on my laptop. Vista is nice, but it's got so many different ways of doing things that it's frustrating when I have to re-learn how to do something trivial like access the network devices page or something. In time it'll get better I'm sure.

I've also got this thing called AndLinux running on it so that I can run Ubuntu within Windows itself. I'm doing this mostly because I'm honestly slightly scared of resizing and repartitioning my hard drive, and I need Ubuntu for this robotics club I joined, so this was a decent alternative.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:48 pm

Hello...
**sigh**
...LOL!

:ontopic:
"Do you really think you have what it takes? Do you?"

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:27 pm

Why do people keep posting this? I don't get it, what is it?
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:24 pm

Why do people keep posting this? I don't get it, what is it?
It... uh. It's... it's the comic? Ozy and Millie, sometimes known as O&M?

You can find more information at the official webcomic website here: http://ozyandmillie.net/

And there's also a fan forum that has information on it, here: http://www.definecynical.net/

Good luck!
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:51 pm

You can find more information at the official webcomic website here: http://ozyandmillie.net/

And there's also a fan forum that has information on it, here: http://www.definecynical.net/

Good luck!
Hey, this looks pretty cool. Thanks!

LewisTheTank

Postby LewisTheTank » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:28 am

Good luck!
Hey, this looks pretty cool. Thanks!
Be careful...
**smiles**
...Might get addicted!
:dragon:
"Do you really think you have what it takes? Do you?"

Return to “O&M Strips”