Nov 21 The True Meaning of Thanksgiving

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Bocaj Claw
Nov 21 The True Meaning of Thanksgiving

Postby Bocaj Claw » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 am

http://www.ozyandmillie.org/d/20071121.html

Fun fact: President Lincoln made up Thanksgiving to cheer up the USians from the depression that results from warring on yourself.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

AvestheFox

Postby AvestheFox » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:32 am

I somehow knew that the Bush family had an ancestor who participated in the first Thanksgiving, what with Darth Vader supplying the pie for the occasion...

If only the man with the helmet knew his descendants would be some damn stupid. That it would result in interbreeding acts (Luke SkyWalker and Princess Leia start the family tree that leads to eventual Bushism)

I suppose we now really do have something to be thankful for =P

Edit: Is King George of America a Jedi or a Sith?

Rasputin42x69

Postby Rasputin42x69 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:20 am

The jury's still out on King George, in my mind.

What I do know is that when Emperor Norton brought the popcorn, he popped up so much that everyone mistook it for snow, and tried to start a snowball fight. This, of course, didn't work very well at first, since popcorn fails to stick to itself properly.

Hence, they turned to the pies for ordinance, and it all went to hell from there.
Anyone who takes anything I say seriously deserves what they get.
The Holy Devil, out. ^_^

FeynmanKR42

Postby FeynmanKR42 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:08 pm

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:18 pm

That hurt my brain in wonderful ways.

Kinda reminds me of this messed-up Thanksgiving video. Thanksgiving dinner gone bad!!! *laughs*

Svix

Postby Svix » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:17 pm

Kinda reminds me of this messed-up Thanksgiving video. Thanksgiving dinner gone bad!!! *laughs*
.....right.

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:41 pm

Ozy's expression looks very Llewellyn-ish in panel 4. :lol:
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:07 pm

Ozy's expression looks very Llewellyn-ish in panel 4. :lol:
I see only three panels today, but I know what you mean. Actually, I was thinking "Millie-ish," partly because she has the more similar face to Ozy's.

Panel 2 has the best Millie today. Panel 3 has either the better Ozy or the worst ever.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

AvestheFox

Postby AvestheFox » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:41 pm

She left out Chuck Norris... legend has it, in the pie fight, he took out the entire Indian tribe, the settlers and Darth Vader

with just ONE pie!

Trance

Postby Trance » Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:47 pm

How can people hold Chuck in such demi-godlike regard when he very clearly got his behind politely and thoroughly handed to him by Bruce Lee in Way of the Dragon?

Chuck Norris may have his "facts", but Bruce could actually do some pretty amazing stuff - like thrust a man 15 feet with a one-inch punch, or catch a grain of rice in midair with a pair of chopsticks.

AvestheFox

Postby AvestheFox » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:02 pm

How can people hold Chuck in such demi-godlike regard when he very clearly got his behind politely and thoroughly handed to him by Bruce Lee in Way of the Dragon?

Chuck Norris may have his "facts", but Bruce could actually do some pretty amazing stuff - like thrust a man 15 feet with a one-inch punch, or catch a grain of rice in midair with a pair of chopsticks.
"A movie scene depicting Chuck Norris losing a fight with Bruce Lee was the product of history's most expensive visual effect. When adjusted for inflation, the effect cost more than the Gross National Product of Paraguay."

but lets get back on topic

Svix

Postby Svix » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:38 pm

I walked into a thanksgiving party for a girl from Arkansas a short while ago. I was slightly disgruntled by the sudden kitchen takeover, however a large portion of cake was thrust into my hand, remedying the situation instantly.

Rasputin42x69

Postby Rasputin42x69 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:16 pm

I like the look that Ozy has in the last panel. It looks like he's taking after his dad. And, of course, any strip with a Millie tail-wag is a win. :)
Ah, this reminds me of the immortal words of Neil: "Oh fine, here's your damn turkey song." :D
Anyone who takes anything I say seriously deserves what they get.
The Holy Devil, out. ^_^

Extreme-Speed

Postby Extreme-Speed » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:13 pm

I was going to say something about how Thanksgiving was a month ago, but then I decided not to.

Millie is waggging her tail, while showing her fangs off AT THE SAME TIME. When such a combination occurs, we should see Ozy waggging his tail sometime after this comic.

Aahe

Postby Aahe » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:03 am

I like how expressive Ozy has been lately in the strip. :smile: Anybody else like the change in Ozy?

Return to “O&M Strips”