Thursday, November 8th: Millie's Mind

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

cheesecake

Postby cheesecake » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:42 pm

More like you'll take a leak anywhere if you get drunk enough.

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:43 pm

Um... I see my nose all the time. Most people probably do but as Millie said, we stop noticing it.
Not really. Stare straight ahead. Can you see your nose? No, you can't, it's not in your field of vision. It's not big enough. But a fox (or any predator, really) can see their's, since it does stick out quite a bit. The only way you or I could see our's, is to go cross-eyed, or close one eye, and then look.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:47 pm

Um... I see my nose all the time. Most people probably do but as Millie said, we stop noticing it.
Not really. Stare straight ahead. Can you see your nose? No, you can't, it's not in your field of vision. It's not big enoughlook.
Um, yes I can. Maybe you just have a really tiny nose. Or I have a really big nose :X (This is quite possible - I am part Armenian)
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:49 pm

I can barely see my nose. So, yeah, maybe I do have a small nose. Oh, well. Maybe that explains why I can't smell very well...

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:11 am

I can see my nose just fine :O

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:13 am

Can you SEE it, or just see a faint outline? (I see just a faint outline of my nose...)

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:17 am

Uhhhh both.

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:47 am

You see little more than a faint outline if you have both eyes open. You see more of your nose if you close one eye.

By "you," I mean those of you who have humanoid noses.

Most of the time, I don't see a particular Panel 3 phenomenon. This is an exception.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:14 am

The nose is there, it's just in your periphery vision. However, most perceptual processing completely ignores the part of your visual field that it takes up (same with your cheeks and eyebrows). It's entirely possible that anthro foxes would have that perceptual blind spot as well.
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

Tabris_The_17th

Postby Tabris_The_17th » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:36 am

Kind of a moot point after all this nose talk, but it really was cute to see Millie scratch herself like a real fox ^-^ Giving the top of the panel action lines like that just makes it all the more funny.
www.aiacrowd.com- Now updating every Tuesday and Friday!
"Like a post modern Peanuts with cat eared girls...kinda"

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:47 am

The nose is there, it's just in your periphery vision. However, most perceptual processing completely ignores the part of your visual field that it takes up (same with your cheeks and eyebrows). It's entirely possible that anthro foxes would have that perceptual blind spot as well.
Argh! You've made me think about my eyebrows! (It's kinda like "thinking about breathing" apparently...)
My DeviantArt | My LiveJournal | My Webcomic
Cameron is awesome because:
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-He lives in Idaho among the wilderness and stuff and I envy him for that. 3:
-He is probably one of the most personable artists on here.
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

Hanging Tree

Postby Hanging Tree » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:53 am

I find it cute that despite her being Anthro, she still has her moments where her primitive nature takes over. Although I wonder if it's an involuntary thing; I mean she could of easily used her hand to scritch behind ear. But since shes a fox her mind just automatically reacts as a feral fox would and lift her hind leg. That must be embarrassing when your in public although given the type of individuals I'm sure it would be common.:wink:
Maybe she used her foot not because she is a fox but because she is weird.

Richard K Niner

Postby Richard K Niner » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:54 am

Argh! You've made me think about my eyebrows! (It's kinda like "thinking about breathing" apparently...)
Mwahaha!
<center>Image
K9U | Dog House | Av rotation</center>

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:32 am

Giving the top of the panel action lines like that just makes it all the more funny.
I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, but you're right, that does add to the hilarity.

Can't wait to see how (or if) she'll admit defeat to Ozy.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Jedi Ozy

Millie scratching...

Postby Jedi Ozy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:53 am

Anybody else who keeps track would also notice that this makes it the second time she's done that gesture of scratching with her foot. The first being the guest strip by Bill Holbrook, which amusingly gave us a revelation about Ozy's hat, too.

http://www.ozyandmillie.org/d/19990401.html Link found here.
"The zen of martial arts is learning not to fight by learning how to fight; to learn not to kill by learning how to kill, etc."

Return to “O&M Strips”