Closer to the Void

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
paupal244
Closer to the Void

Postby paupal244 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:47 am

Got the new book today and enjoyed it very much. Re-reading all the past strips, esp the ones of Llewellen and Ms. Mudd having a nice supper was very romantic. On another subjest, I suppose that drawing an internet comic is a little easier than a syndicated strip, where one has to meet deadlines and such. With an internet comic, the artist can take the time to come up with good story lines; and if the artist suffers from story fatigue, one can take the time off until he/she can develop new plots. I don't know if this subject had been brought up before; just some musings of mine :grin:

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:53 am

Ah, that just reminded me, I don't think I've ordered that one yet.

Anyone know when the next book is coming?
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:09 am

Ah, that just reminded me, I don't think I've ordered that one yet.

Anyone know when the next book is coming?
What next book? The most recent one just came out a few months ago. Not enough strips for a new one! (You need at least a year.)
My DeviantArt | My LiveJournal | My Webcomic
Cameron is awesome because:
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-He lives in Idaho among the wilderness and stuff and I envy him for that. 3:
-He is probably one of the most personable artists on here.
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:22 pm

I think there are certainly exceptions to the storyline matter. If you're a good writer you can come up with them fairly consistently.

Although they're not as popular as they used to be (because of cuts to comic sizes) adventure comics that were purely about stories depended on writers who could constantly come up with tales that were interesting.

Even on humour comics (like Ozy and Millie) there have been people, like Bill Watterson, who came up with quite a few good storylines.

Then there's comic books like Asterix. When Rene Goscinny was alive they had about two books per year coming out regularly. The books were the compilation for the story that appeared in issues of the magazine Pilote, so they were under pressure of a deadline too.

Return to “Ozy and Millie”