Would Ozy marry Millie in the future?

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.

Would Ozy and Millie be married in the future?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:24 pm

Certainly
12%
Probably
19%
50 / 50
14%
Unlikely
32%
No chance
16%
No idea
7%

Total votes: 57

Stephan
Would Ozy marry Millie in the future?

Postby Stephan » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:24 pm

I'm sure this must have been discussed at some past date, but I'm relatively a newbie here and this post by Doc Sigma was way, way too good to pass up.
http://www.definecynical.net/viewtopic. ... ht=#160001
You get a picture of Ozy and Millie on their wedding day. Millie then runs into the room, grabs the picture, tears it up, and says "That didn't happen, right?" before crawling back into the machine. Then Ozy comes in and says "Hey, what you mean 'back into the machine'? She came in through the door!" Then Ozzy comes in and says "You remember me you spent four months in my house", then you wake up. It turns out that what you really got was a picture of Ozy and Millie dressed up as Millie and Ozy for Halloween.
(Doc was replying to my mention of a future photo of Ozy & Millie's class on prom night.)

I really don't have a clue to be honest. People change as they grow older, but in the DCS world maybe Ozy and Millie would NOT change in their disposition. I really have no idea...

I'm more interested in knowing who Stephan would ask out on prom night... :twisted: how many times he would ask, and who he would eventually end up finally taking to the prom. :lol:
Sincerely,
Stephan (not the Aardvarke)

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:12 pm

I vote YES because I fantasize about them getting married. I'm so freaking awesome like that.

Sage

Postby Sage » Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:13 pm

Maybe... ummm... my friend (bobthewowplayer/Cedien/Vialle) seems to think that they will, and int he strips some of the mean kids call them girlfriends.

I guess it's possible.... but... hmmmmm... what if Ozy doesn't marry at all? What if he discovers the perfect flavor of taffy... and poof!

BladeRaptor

Postby BladeRaptor » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:04 pm

It would be interesting if they did, but the relationship between Ms. Mudd and Llewellyn could complicate matters in that regard. The "An Evening Out" arc back in 2006 shows that it could be more than platonic. If they were to marry, it would make Ozy and Millie step-siblings.

But considering that these things are not the focus of the strip, we will most likely never know for certain. Besides, I haven't seen it for myself, but I've heard shipping is one of the most flammable materials on the Internet. We tread on dangerous ground here.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:56 pm

Yeah, I'm surprised there isn't a huge O&M shipping subculture. Maybe it's because O&M fans are too intelligent to get into flametastic stuff like that?

Sage

Postby Sage » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:09 pm

Hmm, I just noticed that.....

Proud to be a DCian

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:11 pm

int he strips some of the mean kids call them girlfriends.
Who called Ozy a girl?! :-P Kidding.

There is a bit of a shipping subculture, but they keep it toned down out of deference to DCS. In particular, they usually don't imply anything beyond second base, even when thinking of them at later ages.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Sage

Postby Sage » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:14 pm

int he strips some of the mean kids call them girlfriends.
Who called Ozy a girl?! :-P Kidding.
Oopses, :/

I've been to forums... and... damn, those people can be MEAN AND CRUEL.

One of the reasons I left.

Lissou

Postby Lissou » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:45 pm

I voted for "probably not" because I don't think it's possible to fall in love with a childhood friend. It would be like marrying your brother. (You can ask professionals about it, they'll tell you that if you meet someone before puberty and spend enough time with them, it's impossible to have feelings for them other than sibling love).

But I guess it can happen, as incest does happen, so I'm not absolutely sure they'd never get married. I don't think it's logical, though.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:55 pm

I don't think its very likely. They're almost certain to remain good friends but getting married I just can't see happening. And not just because my eyes are dilated. [size=0]The light burnss us precious...[/size]
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:07 pm

I voted 50-50. There's a fair chance that one of them turns out not to be interested in the other gender that way and/or that one of them gets involved in something that requires a lack of romantic attachment, such as a monastery. Which aren't the only possible factors, of course.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:18 pm

There was a brief mention of an Ozy who wore a vest and top hat in the comic Funny Farm. Said Ozy joined a monastary.

Edit: WOO PAH!. Okay. Not exactly joined a monastary.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Rikirk

Postby Rikirk » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:23 pm

I don't see anything wrong with one marrying their childhood "sweetheart". I know a lot of people who have done that...and they couldn't be happier. I see it this way...

Both Ozy and Millie are considered *out there*, sort of like a nerd stigmata and to me both O and M truly do understand and care for each other better than anybody else. So..I do believe they will pair up sometime in the future. But if not..they will at least remain "best" friends.

But im not psychic, so whatever happens...happens.

Just my 2 cents
"Yes, yes I'll admit I tuned you out but in my defense its because I've already figured out you're stupid." Dr. Rodney McKay Stargate: Atlantis

"Did you say mattress?,...I did ask you not to. Now I have to get into the fish tank and sing."

Luke B.

Postby Luke B. » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:27 pm

Eh, hard to say. I think they'll change a bit as they grow up, and also who they meet while change things, new friends etc.

Possible, but I think it's more likely they'll remain good friends, with different boy/girlfriends. They may go through a dating phase, but I don't think it'd last, since they pretty much know everything about each other already anyway.

Stephan

Postby Stephan » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:44 pm

I haven't seen it for myself, but I've heard shipping is one of the most flammable materials on the Internet. We tread on dangerous ground here.
Um, I'm not familiar with the term shipping. What does it mean?

All the same, these are great replies guys! :D I'm beginning to form the same opinion as Lissou; that they'll be childhood friends only.

I can feel certain that Millie isn't likely to join a monastary... :roll:
Sincerely,
Stephan (not the Aardvarke)

Return to “Ozy and Millie”