Ozy and Millie's end?

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
Ozy

Postby Ozy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:32 pm

This is something that really scares me. When will the end of Ozy and Millie comics be? Will there be and end? What'll happen to them when they come to an end? Will D.C Simpson keep aging his charicters? Help me out people, my mind is going crazy here.
Yes, I see the light now, but nothing else.

GhostWay

Postby GhostWay » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:48 pm

All that begins, ends. Eventually. Most good webcomics with a decent fanbase (at least those <i>I've</i> seen) are still going. It seems that if a webcomic can make it past the first year or so, it will generally continue.<br><br>From today's News post:<br><!--QuoteBegin-DCS+--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (DCS)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> At this rate, I'll have enough material for a new book this summer. I had seriously contemplated filling in the gap with a "greatest hits" annotated book, and I'd really love to do one some day, but...somehow that sort of feels like something I should do when I'm done, or at least winding down, and of course I'm really not there yet.<br><br>I think there's quite a bit more to come.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br>I don't think you have too much to worry about. It is usually obvious as to when a comic strip is running on empty. Jokes are reused over and over and over again. I see no sign of that in Ozy and Millie. Besides, Mr. Simpson seems to be very dedicated to the community. We'd hear from him a fair amount in advance if anything were to start happening. Of this I am most certain.<br><br>Also, it seems that, unlike other artists, Mr. Simpson has continued to age the characters. I see no reason for him to stop now.<br><br>And when the strip does end, one of two things will happen. The website will remain up for all to browse the archives, or it will be taken down as soon as hosting and bandwidth money stops flowing.
<i>Hold the newsreader's nose squarely, waiter, or friendly milk will countermand my trousers.</i>

Ozy

Postby Ozy » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:55 pm

I kinda feel better, but do you see Ozy and Millie in 30 years?

Burning Sheep Productions

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:16 pm

Lol, you're treating this the same as "What's the meaning of life? When and how will the world end?? How will I die??? Am I going nutz???? AAAAUGH?????"
Burning Sheep Productions

Amaroq

Postby Amaroq » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:44 pm

What will come about through the real time aging of Ozy and Millie? They will obviousely have to deal with the things we deal with through coming of age, maybe. XD<br><br>Will they continue to be friends throughout their life, or will they become something more? ;) *looks back on Ozy and Millie's first kiss and sighs*

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:36 am

I have no comment on the strip's end, it'll end when it does.<br><br>As for aging, I think the only time they aged was with the major art style change. If they've aged/aging since, then it's not so apparent. Like most other comic strips I think the characters in Ozy and Millie aren't bound to aging, or else we'd have seen a birthday story by now. Though if David is going to age them, I have no complaints, even if I would prefer the opposite.

Sabre

Postby Sabre » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:00 am

Ill continue it. I will master his art form and forge semi-decent O&M strips till the end of the universe!! Buaahahaha!!

dcsimpson

Postby dcsimpson » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:41 am

For the record, other than having moved their ages up from 8 to 10, when I changed drawing styles (nearly five years ago, now), I've never deliberately aged the characters. I also have no specific plans to, though a part of me really wants to know what high school will be like for them, and perhaps one of these days we'll find out.<br><br>If they look older than they did a year or two, it's the product of gradual style shift, not deliberate aging. As far as I'm concerned, they've been sort of an ageless 10 years old since spring 2000.

Henohenomoheji

Postby Henohenomoheji » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:38 am

That reminds me of a anamoly I saw... Is it possible that Avery and Timulty are only half brothers and Tim's biological father is from the other side of the couch? The *<b>only</b>* reason I ask is that Timulty has only aged one year in the time Avery aged two.<br><br>I swear, that's the only reason I ask. I'm not some demented, psychopathic crazy fan who looks for loopholes in your comic on a regular basis!<br><br>*looks around at all the angry faces*<br><br>Um... not that there's anything wrong with that, right guys? eh...heh-heh...heh?<br><br>...oh crap this is going to hurt. AAAH, I WAS JUST JOKING, I SWEAR!!! AAAAH!!!<br><br><span style='font-size:7pt;line-height:100%'>help!</span><br><br>PS: You know I really am joking, right? I didn't think I needed to clarify, but... y'know, just in case.<br><br>...It is a neat observation, huh?
Miyo! Chikara no chizu!<br><br>Living proof that Ninja and Pirates can live together in peace, harmony, and fun at the expense of ye hapless townsfolk.<br><br>"<br>< e<br> -|-|-/ < <br>< e <br>_________/ <br>-------------------------<br><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Hey... On page 375 it says "Jeebus"...</span>

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Postby Zaaphod » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:48 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Ozy+Jan 10 2005, 02:55 PM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (Ozy @ Jan 10 2005, 02:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> I kinda feel better, but do you see Ozy and Millie in 30 years? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> If DCS has enough ideas and is willing to draw O&M for 30 years, sure, why not?
Made by Angela. :D

Kles

Postby Kles » Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:48 am

Yeah. I always thought that Ozy and Millie actually did age when the art changed. They literally looked older.

Ozy

Postby Ozy » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:46 am

They looked better as the first art style... they looked cuter..<br>and i agree with Mrs. Mudd, Millie is cute when her eyes bug out...

dragonranpu

Postby dragonranpu » Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:32 am

I am just happy to have them right now. when Ozy and Millie end they will end.
The Venerable<br>Dragon of Light<br><br>Dragon Friendship <br>By Bill Wescott <br>Copyright 2000© Bill Wescott All rights reserved<br><br>On wings of thunder<br>Honor bound<br>Search me out, I drum the sound<br>Twist and turn in the night<br>Dragon come, my guiding light.<br>Protector, guardian, friend not foe<br>Come to me, see my sigil glow.<br>Strong and true this friendship charm<br>I beckon thee, keep me from harm.<br>Around and about your magick swirls<br>Come to me, your wings unfurled.

Softpaw

Postby Softpaw » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:48 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Sabre+Jan 10 2005, 08:00 PM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (Sabre @ Jan 10 2005, 08:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> Ill continue it. I will master his art form and forge semi-decent O&M strips till the end of the universe!! Buaahahaha!! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> Your idea is not original :-P<br><br>In the Harrisonburg local newspaper, there was a comic strip called Barney Google and Snuffy Smith that ran for about 12 years. It stopped running for some reason, I presume because the creator stopped drawing it. A month later, the newspaper's staff artist, John Rose, started drawing it almost identically to its original form (a bit less detailed), with slightly different jokes, and it's been running under the title Snuffy Smith for the past few years.

Ruedii-X

Postby Ruedii-X » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:45 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Ozy+Jan 10 2005, 05:32 PM--> <table border='0' align='center' width='95%' ><tr><td class='quotetop'><b>Quote:</b> (Ozy @ Jan 10 2005, 05:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td class='quotebody'> This is something that really scares me. When will the end of Ozy and Millie comics be? Will there be and end? What'll happen to them when they come to an end? Will D.C Simpson keep aging his charicters? Help me out people, my mind is going crazy here. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table> <!--QuoteEEnd--><br> As for a cool idea if Simpson actually gets some professional recognition outside the webcomic community, should he make a second (now third) strip, he should have one where Ozy and Millie are dating in College, or where Ozy and Millie are around age 30 and have a pair of young fox kits. I just thought that would be cool, particularly (if and) when DCS grows up and has kids of his own. (Oh great, I probably just made him freak with that thought.)<br><br>Unless of course, Ozy's father turns out to be an one of the possibilities, where it wouldn't exactly be appropriate for the two of them to date, let alone have a child.<br><br>BTW, I've started calling Simpson "DCS" here, as that's what you guys do. Back on the mailing list we usually call him David. I don't see him as the type that enjoys formal titles, and probably would like to be called "Simpson" more than anything.

Return to “Ozy and Millie”