Fan made Ozy and Millie cartoon episodes! - HELP NEEDED!!

Discuss everything related to Ozy and Millie.
MandoAndy
Fan made Ozy and Millie cartoon episodes! - HELP NEEDED!!

Postby MandoAndy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:16 am

...I need lots of help. Ok, here goes:

It's been far to long. The waiting, and the wishing - it is high time that we, as fans of D.C. Simpson's genius artwork, create a stunning, masterful, glorious animated tribute. Yes, I want to put together an animated O&M feature. I do not know how long or short it will be, and I don't know what it will be about, yet. All I know is that I've got a lot of drive and I'd really love to see this made. But I need help.

What kind of help? Loads of it! We need animators, researchers, writers, and - oh yes - VOICE ACTORS! So please reply here if you'd like to help out, and how you can help. I'll go over in detail the steps that we'll need in order to complete this project.

Phase one -

We'll need to find voice actors, writers, story board artists, and brainstorm-ers! I'll be the director (unless D.C. decides to get involved...you never know!) but even as the director, I want people to give criticism, and to be open and honest. Everyone will get his or her voices heard.

The first decision to make, I suppose, would be this: shall we write an original storyline, or should we take a beloved storyline from the comic strips and rewrite it for an animated short? Also we need to decide, will this be flash, or traditional hand drawn animation in AVI or MOV format? If we decide to go the flash route, I can help - I have flash MX and I can draw, but I'm not well versed in that program. I could make the sketches and we could have animators bring them to life in Flash; the same way artists would create the puppets for the animators to move and photograph for "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and other stop motion animated features. However, we need some flash peoples who've got flash skillz. If you can help, please let me know! Making this in Flash would be much easier and much quicker - but if we have to go full on traditional hand animation, that's fine. We'll pull it off.

So basically, right now, we need these people -

Voice actors (I'll provide a list of characters down at the bottom)
Writers
Story Board Artists
Creative people willing to brainstorm!

I can post all of the files up on my website so that we can share our stuff... and I could also open up a GMail account for us to use so we can stay in touch and easily share our work. If this first animated short is successful, we will probably get goaded into making more (hopefully!) so we need to stay in touch.

Phase two, three, four, and so on, will all include - animating, recording sound effects, writing music, and creating special effects like text and so on. There will be much more, too, but I can't think of them all and list them all at once. If you feel like you can contribute, but you aren't sure how - just go ahead and jump on the bandwagon and have fun. This won't be perfect, but it doesn't have to be! It just has to be fun and the best you can do!

Now then - about the voice acting, we're going to need quite a few roles fulfilled. The voices needed will vary depending on the storyline, but we absolutely must have the voices for these characters before we begin production -

Millie
Ozy
Llewellyn (one I'd like to try out for)
Ms. Mudd
Various Misc. Characters (the characters I'll probably mostly fill in for!)

I personally would love to try out for Llewellyn and/or Captain Locke (if needed) but we'll see how that turns out. I'll upload some voice samples of myself, later. If I could be Ozy, I would be ecstatic, but I don't know if I'd sound too old for everyone to handle. We'll see!

Have a microphone? Awesome! Got some recording software? Great! Try reading some lines from various O&M strips and post them here... if you can't post them anywhere online, send them to my email address here - mandoandy (at) gmail (dot) com - and I will host it on my website for you. If you have a mic but no software to record with, check out "Audacity" - it's a free recording program, but I've never touched it, so I can't help you with it. Google it! :) Do yourself a favor, though... be realistic. If all of your sound files are REALLY low quality and can't be heard, or can't be used in the animation, then... well, things probably won't work out for you. But keep trying anyways! There will be many people who will be needed to help with lots of things!

We'll all decide together who plays who... as for the other positions that need to be filled (sound effects/animators/etc.) I'll be posting info later on, so keep checking back for new stuff!

And remember - spread the word!! Tell everyone you know about this, and tell them to tell everyone THEY know about it! If you can't help, find someone who can, and bring them here! =) I think I might start looking around www.newgrounds.com for people who can help. If anyone feels like contacting D.C. and getting him excited about this, then go ahead! That would be a huge help! And remember... the more people you tell about this... even if they don't want to help, we'll all be spreading the infectious Ozy and Millie bug! Huzzah!

Please help if you can! I'd love to get things started soon! Send me a message or give me an email if you've got questions or anything else to say! Or just post it here! Well guys, what do you say?

Tum0spoo

Postby Tum0spoo » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:56 am

Sounds like a great idea and I'd live to be a part of it in any small way. I don't have any kind of voice equipment, and no flash skill or experience. I'd love to help with ideas and such. If there's anyhting you think I can help with don't hesitate to ask.
ImageImage

MandoAndy

Postby MandoAndy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:11 am

Sure thing, man! thanks! You're always free to give your opinions and give out ideas! The first thing I'd like to decide is what the storyline will be. Would everyone want to work on an original idea (harder, but possibly more fun!) or should we go with a storyline that's already been told in the comics?

Everyone, feel free to jump in at any time!

gen200

Postby gen200 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:16 am

I'd love to help, but I'm currently doing my own Ozy and Millie video project (a music video :shock: ).

I'd love to help out, when I'm done.

MandoAndy

Postby MandoAndy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:18 am

that's awesome, Gen! :D And let us know when you've finished that music video - sounds cool!

Foxhound

Postby Foxhound » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:05 am

I definately like the idea. I'd love to provide voice work, but I think my voice is a bit too deep for any of the kids, but too high for someone like Llwellyn.
Image < http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/
ImageImage
"No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up."

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:54 am

I'm in. I can do both writing, and I have some skill in Flash (though by no means am I an expert). Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of Flash, and I'm no pirate. However, I do have Photoshop if that is of any help. But what I'd want to do most is writing.

I think it would be better, and less time-consuming to do it in Flash. Even if we want to do it in a traditional hand-drawn style, we could do it in Flash. Many shows that look hand-drawn were done in Flash, with the artists using a pen tablet. I myself have a pen tablet, but I'm not quite good enough at drawing O&M characters to provide any graphical work. At least, not at this time! I shall practice.

This would be awesome to be a part of. Give me a shout, notatot (at) gmail (dot) com.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

MandoAndy

Postby MandoAndy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:10 am

:grin: Thanks osprey!!!! I've sent you an email!

would anyone be up for listening to my own attempts at voicing some of the characters? I could post some now, and maybe after that, more people will do the same.

RustyDroid - go ahead and feel free to put up some voice samples! I don't think the voices have to sound identical to their ages... it's more important that the voice fit the character, in my opinion. The audience will accept it as long as it's an honest performance by the actors =)

DesertFoxCat

Postby DesertFoxCat » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:15 am

Maybe we could get Octan to give us a hand with Flash. Also, if anyone knows how to convert animated GIFs to AVIs I have an idea that might work.

As for voice actors, we could try ask for help from the Voice Acting Alliance.

I'll see if I can do anything, but I'm probably going to be stuck as an idea man.

Yes! Post your voicing!

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:43 am

I'm up for listening to the voice samples. I have done some of this before, and I have some equipment of OK quality...but I myself am not exactly a gifted voice actor. I will, however, listen to some clips.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:08 am

Sounds like the best idea in the world!

I would love to do voice acting, but my low voice probably wouldn't fit any of the characters that well.

If any help is needed image-wise, I have photoshop along with more-than-decent skills in it, so feel free to ask me for anything there. :grin:

Fanmade storyline or take an already-made storyline, you ask? I say we take one that's already made.

Feel free to contact me at igottapeebadly@hotmail.com

Edit: If background music is needed, I have a few ideas for that, too...

MandoAndy

Postby MandoAndy » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:20 am

OK, well, that's one vote for using one of D.C.'s storylines! It's great that you're willing to help out with the graphics! Thanks!

About the music...heheh, well...I was kinda sorta hoping that I could tackle that- BUT, as the project coordinator, I should probably take on as little as possible so I can focus on the...uh...coordinating and stuff. Yeah. Heh. *shifty eyes* Awesome! Thanks!

I'll post a bunch of MP3s tomorrow - at the moment my internet connection isn't working well enough for me to upload anything onto my site :roll: so I must be patient! You shall all hear my voice soon enough!

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:26 am

I say we try and work some of DC's tunes into it.

Kyler Thatch

Postby Kyler Thatch » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:53 am

I'd offer to do some voice acting, but I don't have a microphone right now. :sad:

I figure I might be an okay Llewelyn, I just have to figure out his accent.
Rainy Day Donuts
Made from 110% recycled paper

Niko123000

Postby Niko123000 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:24 pm

I KNEW IT WOULD COME EVENTUALLY! OZY AND MILLIE WEBISODES!

Anyway I'd love to help, I have a Mic and recording software so I'll try to see what Character I best fit.

And I say doing some of DC's Stroylines, While occasionally doing a speical Fan made stroy line.

My Artwork skills still need work so I'd be butcherijng Ozy and Millie if I attempted to draw them, so I'm out for that.

I have an animating program, but it's real basic, and I'd probably mess up 1000 times.

But I'll definetly try to Spread the Idea around, I know one other Forum that I could spread the Idea on. Foxton Forums.

And If someone tells me how I can upload voice Files to be posted on a Message board, I'll gladly share my Voice :D

EDIT:

So far I've attepted me Voice on some characters, and I think I might be best at either Llewellyn or Jeremy.

I have a saved File of Llewellyn, but I still need to figure out how to upload it...

It's based of of This Strip

Oh What the Hell! If I can't figure out How to upload it before I get a Jeremy Saound File, I'll Just mail it.
"No sir, I am not Insane, I just have Anger issues..." ~ The First words i said to my Counselor after I got kicked off the bus.
Wait, you want to see my Art? It ain't much to look at...
Titanic fans rejoice! I have a Titanic RP board. Only... not on the Titanic... and kinda on the Teen side...Nothing real gratuitous though!
"Evil isn't doing bad. It's doing bad and not Feeling bad about it afterwards." ~ Avaric, Wicked. Think about that the next tiem you call someone evil.

Return to “Ozy and Millie”