DCS's DA Account Spammed Again

Discuss DCS's comics and other work.

Moderator:Æron

cougartiger
DCS's DA Account Spammed Again

Postby cougartiger » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:54 pm

Just what the header says. I just went to DCS's DA page and there was nothing in the comments section but crude comments by the same poster.

Why do people do this? If you don't like DCS just keep it to yourself. Seriously.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

likeafox
Administrator

Re: DCS's DA Account Spammed Again

Postby likeafox » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:41 pm

One person trolling DCS hardly counts as news. But either way can you keep posts about DCS in the O&M forum?

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:23 pm

Isn't this whole subforum dedicated to trolling DCS by now?
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:26 pm

One person trolling DCS hardly counts as news. But either way can you keep posts about DCS in the O&M forum?
Actually, it's about the THIRD time this year that DCS's DA account has been spammed and each time by a different person. I was just trying to get a discussion going about spamming/trolling in general, why people do it, etc.

We'll have to agree to disagree about where this topic belongs. The subject of my original post (spamming) is completely unrelated to O&M, I was using DCS as an example. Also, DCS is an artist and O&M is only ONE thing she has done. To lump everything she has done since as an "O&M" topic is really strange.

But, whatever.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:18 am

One person trolling DCS hardly counts as news.
Especially, cause its likely one of us :roll: . Am I wrong in thinking that the only people who are likely to even bother to troll him like that come from former fans, or the people who joined here for the fun of it? You're treating him like he's a celebrity, sure he won a contest to get his comic synidicated, but he is no one major. There are definitely people outside the DC community who follow his DA account, but anyone who doesn't like what they see are likely to just pass it by.

I rarely actually see negative comments on DA, because that website seems isolated within itself. Its simply a group of cartoonists, photographers, artists, ect., that have grouped together to support eachother (even the ones who are clearly sociopathic and awful people, and no I'm not talking about DCS :-P ) . Because of this, I disagree with the old adage, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." when taken to its extreme. I think people have not thought about what its meaning is. Clearly this trolling does not adhere to it, rather this adage is most useful when someone has potential.

If constructive criticism is ignored (by ignored I mean not even aknowledged by a polite thank you, an easy feat on the Internet, where people have no faces), then the critic should just give up. This rarely happens and instead we get this trolling that occurs before ANY real criticsm.

In conclusion... That is all :grin: .

Edit: Replace "him" ect. with "her" ect. if you wish :P, I can't get used to this.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:42 am

I don't really think anyone on these boards would spam "FURFAG CUM GUZZLING FAGOT" all over a comment box.

More likely it's a random ED troll.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:27 am

Right. I mean, I might spam "FURFAG CUM GUZZLING FAGOT" all over a serious pottery discussion board, but never on DCS's page. Because first of all, that would require me to visit DCS's page.

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:13 am

I would hope the people of this board would be alot more clever with their trolling.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:19 am

I would never use an insult that could be used right back against me.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:17 pm

...wait, it's an insult?

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:52 pm

It is when its in all caps

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:37 pm

I think it is yeah. I mean it's just rude to guzzle. You should take your time and savor it!

This thread is getting dangerously close to being removed. Probably because of me.

johndoe0028

Postby johndoe0028 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:07 pm

The one who left the wonderful comments on the page made a thing called "JD's Deviant ID". >_> No, it is not me.

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:16 pm

I don't really think anyone on these boards would spam "FURFAG CUM GUZZLING FAGOT" all over a comment box.

More likely it's a random ED troll.
I never even look at his DA accounts, I didn't realize the comments were so... specifically rude?

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:23 pm

I would think they might go with dogfucker or something, after that one comic he made. It would seem more specific to him/her.

Return to “DCS Fandom”