"So... what's this got to do with my uniform being mildly uncomfortable?"
"Your what?"

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Re: Monday, February 7, 2000: The devil's in the details

Postby Muninn » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:43 pm

"So... what's this got to do with my uniform being mildly uncomfortable?"
"Your what?"
Please don't feign misunderstanding, the connection and lesson trying to be made can't be anymore clear. It's right here in the strip.

NonsenseWords

Postby NonsenseWords » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:05 pm

I'm not feigning misunderstanding, I just think that comparing McCarthyism to school uniforms is an incalculably stupid metaphor (especially when this comic itself already made a point that school uniforms curtailed bullying and were seen, by the psychologist that we're supposed to like, as a good thing). And that Llwellyn is probably just saying stuff now.

Somebody said it elsewhere; Llewellyn going off on an unrelated tangent with virtually no impetus is normal. I just wish it was acknowledged, like it has been previously.

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:23 pm

This arc actually does show a second side to the school uniforms debacle which is rare for DCS to do. Yes bullying is down but only because people don't accept individuals. It raises an idea about which is better, safety but not being able to express oneself or the ability to do as one pleases but at a price.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm not feigning misunderstanding, I just think that comparing McCarthyism to school uniforms is an incalculably stupid metaphor
Your previous comment didn't make it clear you were contesting this as a stupid metaphor, more that yo didn't understand why McCarthy was making an appearance.

NonsenseWords

Postby NonsenseWords » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:25 pm

My previous statement was what I thought the 'fifth panel' should have said; Ozy gets confused about what Llewellyn is even talking about, and Llewellyn has already forgotten why he was talking about it.

IceDragon

Postby IceDragon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:45 am

My previous statement was what I thought the 'fifth panel' should have said; Ozy gets confused about what Llewellyn is even talking about, and Llewellyn has already forgotten why he was talking about it.
Uh, how uniforms and Rupublicans are evil?

Return to “The O&M Archaeological Committee”