October 17, 2009

Talk about recent Raine Dog comics.
Hyperion
October 17, 2009

Postby Hyperion » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:35 am

---------
Aaaaaand, time jump back to the past. :huh: If it had been this instead of the political blah last time, might actually start almost liking it. As is... Eh.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Avatar by kurorakuen, Shienvien. Used with permission.

MuffinSticks

Re: October 17, 2009

Postby MuffinSticks » Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:39 am

Human bitch, to this, to eating vegetarian dog snacks and drinking lattes.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:16 am

RD makes me cry tears of why-the-hell-does-every-line-of-dialog-feel-so-awkward. Descriptive tears are descriptive.
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:02 am

This could have been powerful if it wasn't following an obviouse political strip about how vegetariousm and transexualism is totally unatural and therefore awesome.

Kuro

Postby Kuro » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:12 am

When is someone going to tell Simpson that Three pages is not an update? and NOT ALL DOGS ARE WOLVES GEEZUS! One of the dogs was a pantsless BULLDOG, They are NOT a pack of wolves they are just a pack of dogs..What the hell?!

datherman

Postby datherman » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:34 am

When is someone going to tell Simpson that Three pages is not an update?
3 pages a week is better than 1 a week.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

GatMcNapalm

Postby GatMcNapalm » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:45 am

What is she struggling with in the last pannels, thats realy bad when a comic book character is being a bad actor.

Kuro

Postby Kuro » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:12 am

What is she struggling with in the last pannels, thats realy bad when a comic book character is being a bad actor.

She looks constipated to me...

Mattes

Postby Mattes » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:34 am

story going on: she kills says o noes i killed and eat meat i have to vanish and then she end in the city and learn why vegans are the best people so become one and try to take over the world......it fails badly. After that there are time jumps to the future and back before Raine Dog was born to prove.........TIMEJUMPS DOESNT HAVE TO BE EXPLAINED THEY ARE AWESUMMMEE SO SHUT UP YOU DAMN PEOPLE. AND BY THE WAY BUY STUFF FROM DCS BECAUSE OTHERWISE DCS HAS TO TAKE A REAL JOB FOR MONEY AND THAT MEANS LESS TIME TO DRAW TIMEJUMP STRIPS.

Sorry I couldn´t stop myself

P.s DCS really looks just like a guy with lipstick^^
Bugger off you bastards bugger off
Bugger off you bastards bugger off
Like a heard of bloody swine who refuse to leave the trough
You'll get no more this evening so you bastards bugger off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOtLbwjKhOg

D-puff

Postby D-puff » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:41 pm

This could have been powerful if it wasn't following an obviouse political strip about how vegetariousm and transexualism is totally unatural and therefore awesome.
Agreed.

I might have even gone to the extent of calling it somewhat 'badass' if we didn't already know how it was going to end. Then again, it would be just as disappointing if we were pumped to see some batshit dog ripping people apart to have a comic one day after all is said and done that just said 'Hey guys, I'm a vegetarian!'. And I feel like her change to a vegetarian would have actually seemed a little more meaningful if she waited, like after some scene where she rips a person limb from limb she just can't handle the pressure of it all, or something a little more epic like that, rather than already knowing she was going to puss out eventually. Nevertheless, at least she would actually have some people a little more excited about the comic until she decided to drop the bomb on it.
And that's why chronological order is a good thing, give or take the use of time travel.
ImageImage

NonsenseWords

Postby NonsenseWords » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Doesn't necessarily even need to be pure chronological order. Knowing what happens to the character and then flashing back to show why can be a very powerful device. Just that this presentation kind of ruined it; none of us have any reason to really care what happens to Raine Dog in the present, since every one of her 'present day' strips is basically her bitching about politics and delivering messages and just shut up nobody cares.

On the plus side, this did only take a week to come out, which is a sight better than waiting a month for four pages.

Google [Bot ]

Postby Google [Bot ] » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:56 pm

people need to shut up about the "time jumps", because they're still in chronological order, and you're retarded if you can't understand them. there are two timelines going on: one is the right-now-present-day, and the other is the chronological backstory of Raine Dog, and the only jumping around going on, is in between episodes of RD's past, to the present day where she is "narrating".

but as for this strip, I feel like Alpha could have actually had intellectual discussions with Raine in order to make her understand why she should stop obeying people... I mean, she already did kind of stop obeying them. It's not like she's a robot, and he's saying things that are secretly commands designed to reverse her coding...

"remember the harm humans have done to you" ... but Alpha doesn't really know any of the harm. "you will no longer submit to the pampered primates... you will submit to your alpha."

he really doesn't have a lot of charisma, a cult leader would be 30x better at convincing Raine to become feral than Alpha is.
I'm not a spambot :S
BUTT DOGS

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:24 pm

When is someone going to tell Simpson that Three pages is not an update? and NOT ALL DOGS ARE WOLVES GEEZUS! One of the dogs was a pantsless BULLDOG, They are NOT a pack of wolves they are just a pack of dogs..What the hell?!

I think thats the point. They are normal dogs rebelling against society by becoming transgender and asking for money so they don't have to work day jobs.

Liz
Staff

Postby Liz » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:49 pm

I'd pantsless obey some guy who can make his eyes vanish upon will.

Maggot Brain

Postby Maggot Brain » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:00 pm

Raine Dog: somehow making me grateful that dogs don't talk.

Return to “Raine Dog Strips”