October 10, 2009

Talk about recent Raine Dog comics.
Hyperion
Re: October 10, 2009

Postby Hyperion » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:23 am

+1

:marty:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Avatar by kurorakuen, Shienvien. Used with permission.

micro-fur

Postby micro-fur » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:25 am

After diving through the short archive for S&W (which just happens to be full of awesome and cute) I stumbled upon this thread in particular and felt the URGE to put in my two cents. . . .

First disclaimer: I are fur-fag. Go ahead, shoot me now if you wish, it's old news.
Second disclaimer: I too am trans, like Simpson. But that's where the commons end.

I had been a long time avid reader of Simpson's O&M comic, it had funny little nuggets of wisdom now and then, but this sad pretentious THING that it is drawing is sad, horribly scripted, and shows a very harsh and skewed perception of people like myself. I only mentioned I'm trans to begin with to make one very important point. . . .Not all of us are pithy, self-absorbed, attention-whoring creatures of pity. Makes me want to rip that wig off his head and smack some sense into him for making the trans community look like a circus with the waffling he did as to being trans or not and then prancing about with that 'look at me' grin. :evil:

tl;dr lurker here, I hate Simpson for making that abomination and making trans folk look like loonies. . .

datherman

Postby datherman » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:50 am

First disclaimer: I are fur-fag. Go ahead, shoot me now if you wish, it's old news.
If Define Cynical shot furries, I don't there'd be more than a handful of people left. =D
Not all of us are pithy, self-absorbed, attention-whoring creatures of pity.
A point that (hopefully) should go without saying.

On a side note, welcome to DC. Come in, stay a while, don't feed the Doog, etc etc.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Novil Ariandis

Postby Novil Ariandis » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:52 am

I believe nobody here is so stupid to believe something like this. For example I myself have a transgendered college professor who’s always friendly and down-to-earth.

Sandra and Woo: my webcomic about the adventures of the girl Sandra and her raccoon Woo

micro-fur

Postby micro-fur » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:28 am

If Define Cynical shot furries, I don't there'd be more than a handful of people left. =D
A point that (hopefully) should go without saying.

On a side note, welcome to DC. Come in, stay a while, don't feed the Doog, etc etc.
Simpson should have gone with the sheep character 'Felicia' if the aim was to prove how to be self-absorbed, but that would have been too obvious. ;-)

Thanks for the warm welcome. I was thinking of feeding it a side of beef, if by force, so as to fatten it up before slaughtering and roasting its flesh. . . .Dog is a bit of an acquired taste though. Anyone in the mood for some hot cocoa?

I believe nobody here is so stupid to believe something like this. For example I myself have a transgendered college professor who’s always friendly and down-to-earth.

Well I guess I should take comfort in knowing I'm not the first and unlikely to be the last. :D
Thank you as well for the hospitable welcome to your guys' forum.

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:50 pm

Well I guess I should take comfort in knowing I'm not the first and unlikely to be the last. :D
Thank you as well for the hospitable welcome to your guys' forum.
No problem! Stick around, post, enjoy! (wow, that sounded like either a Jewish or Italian mother telling you you need to eat more, your too thin, eat! etc. etc.).
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Member #1243

Postby Member #1243 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:58 pm

I are fur-fag. Go ahead, shoot me now if you wish
hey welcome, this is a furry website that is a fansite about a furry comic. for furries.

did I ever mentioned I'm transgendered?
Animals are usually dumb and oblivious

RHJunior

Postby RHJunior » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:08 pm

It's terribly unhealthy--- not just for carnivores but for human beings too. Vegetarianism/veganism is a childish game for the spoiled products of western civilization. Not everyone in this world can afford to bypass two entire food groups just to assuage their preadolescent trauma over Bambi's mother, or supplement the gaping hole in their diet with special foods and vitamin supplements shipped to their local store from halfway across the continent.

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:19 pm

OMG now we have a spew of right wing bs as well. I guess if we're getting it from one side, we might as well get it from the other...
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:21 pm

Pipe or not, he's got a point. Vegetarianism only makes sense for organisms with a digestive system that supports it. This is not the case for dogs, it's even less the case for cats, and it's really not the case for humans either.

Also, meat is freaking delicious.

NonsenseWords

Postby NonsenseWords » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:57 pm

DISCUSSION END.

Very nice Sandra and Woo. Thank you. Too long has it been that carnivores don't act like carnivores.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:27 pm

I recall when you temporarily became vegetarian, telling me that meat doesn't taste all that good anyway.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:35 am

Agreed, meat is delicious and I couldn't do without at least dairy products. But the amount of meat consumed by North Americans is truly what is unhealthy physically, culturally, and environmentally.

Also RHJ's comment about suppliments needing to be shipped is laughably unnecessary, as if that is any concern when almost half of greenhouse gas emissions are attributed to meat production and distribution.

micro-fur

Postby micro-fur » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:22 am

-snip- almost half of greenhouse gas emissions are attributed to meat production and distribution.
--Insert cow fart joke here--

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:42 pm

I recall when you temporarily became vegetarian, telling me that meat doesn't taste all that good anyway.
This is very true. Tastes can change, though. Like, I used to hate asparagus, now I love it. Before I was temporarily a vegetarian I hated steak, now that I'm no longer a vegetarian I love it. I used to love liverwurst, now the very thought of it makes me nauseous. Etc. I doubt I'll ever be able to tolerate eggs or mushrooms, though.

...also, your memory (at least of me) is astounding! :)

Return to “Raine Dog Strips”