August 23, 2009

Talk about recent Raine Dog comics.
MuffinSticks
Re: August 23, 2009

Postby MuffinSticks » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:42 am

What about a dude that just licked his dog's butt a little? Hypothetically?
He'd probably grow up to work for a medical publishing company, and post YouTube videos of himself playing video games, and get his tonsils out at an older-than-usual age.

...hypothetically.
I wanted to facepalm, but I instead began laughing. On a totally unrelated note, I've actually watched a few of your YouTube videos (of you playing video games, naturally) and found them quite entertaining.

Of course, a (hypothetical) guy using a lizard as a nick (I just imagined everyone I know named Nick in a lizard suit...) would (hypothetically) be remiss to (hypothetically) criticize such a/an hypothetical) act, having (hypothetically) done things that, in his (hypothetical) judgment, are (hypothetically) even less socially normative. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

No, I haven't violated an animal. :<

Grammar note: Is "a (hypothetical) act" or "an (hypothetical) act" correct? I'm quite unsure.
I love both of you. And I believe it would be "an (hypothetical) act"
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:01 am

I love both of you. And I believe it would be "an (hypothetical) act"
We're making this topic 9527024 times better, yes.

Thanks for the a/an correction.
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:51 pm

Hmm. Is "an" agreeing with "act" or with "hypothetical"? Because some H words get "an" and some get "a"... not sure which one "hypothetical" gets.

And thanks for watching my vids dude :)

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:20 pm

I think you would only use "an" with a word beginning with h in Britain where they sometimes forget that the h is there.
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

datherman

Postby datherman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:53 pm

It really depends on how the word sounds. If it's a vowel sound (the h is silent), use "an", otherwise use "a". For instance, "an honest mistake" and "a hypothetical situation".

At least that's the way I've always done it. Same with acronyms. I'll say "I play an NES" because I'll sound the acronym out loud, and the letter "n" sounds like it begins with the "e" vowel sound.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

sad jazz cantaloupe

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:22 pm

for Hypothetically, at least for me, I REALLY push out a lot of air on that H. History, not as much. So for hypothetically, I think you should say "a", but also Gecko's american so I'm assuming he can say it for any H word.
Apologies to everyone. Except Fritz.
First of all, Fritz, do yourself a favor and research your own answers before you post.

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:20 pm

That's what I thought. I guess my question was, "a/an always agrees with the word immediately after it, not with some other word a couple words down the line, right?" As for H-words, I guess it depends on if it's an aspirate H.

Feefers

Postby Feefers » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:22 am

Jeff in a fursuit.
yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes
yiffyiffyiffyiffyiffyiffyiffyiffyiffyiffyiffyiffyiff

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:24 pm

I just realized, there are five dogs and they work with sombody named Alpha. Its the Canine Power Rangers!

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:55 pm

I just realized, there are five dogs and they work with sombody named Alpha. Its the Canine Power Rangers!
Alpha, Rita's escaped!
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:29 pm

Quick, assemble five puppies with attitude!

My deviantART account

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:03 pm

Now shoot them out of a cannon.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:40 pm

Is it wrong that my first thought was wondering what caliber that would be equivalent to?

My deviantART account

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:54 pm

No. I dream of blowing puppies into bits with a cannon as well.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

IceDragon

Postby IceDragon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:30 pm

On an unrelated note (I know, big shocker), It seems that DCS is being "impersonated" on twitter:
One final thing: it's stupid that I even have to mention this, but someone is apparently impersonating me on Twitter. In reality, I don't "tweet;" that's one technological frontier I haven't been able to muster enough interest to cross. But if I did, I'd certainly be way more interesting than the idiot who's posing as me.

I filed an impersonation report with Twitter, so hopefully the situation will get taken care of (I recall Keith Olbermann had the same problem, so I'm in good company, Especially since I have done just as much work in my career as Keith). It's sort of entertaining(Attention, I must have more); in a way it's a weird sort of compliment that someone who's such a loser that they have nothing better to do would try and convince people that I'm...I think he has me stalking Simpsons creator Matt Groening or something(Why won't you people understand that the connection Matt and I have is more complex for any of you normies to comprehend?), I dunno, I didn't really read it. Ok, I did, and moped about it for a while, but I have to keep up appearances.

Anyway, it's hard for me to imagine anyone smart enough to be able to read would be fooled, but just in case it needs to be said, no, I'm not tweeting, nor am I stalking anyone. I've been so busy lately that I've really gotten way behind on my stalking duties(This statement cannot in any way come back to bite me in the ass), and if I were going to stalk anyone it would be Michael Stipe anyway. Maybe Johnny Depp.
Translation in Bold

Uh, Dana, that person is not impersonating you, they are satirizing you. Anyone who read that knew it was not you, so please stop the bull****. The satire is actually pretty funny. Because honestly, I don't think it's exaggerating too much.

"They don't really want you to play 'Free Bird', they're just mocking you"

Return to “Raine Dog Strips”