Bluedogs

Talk about recent Raine Dog comics.
cougartiger
Bluedogs

Postby cougartiger » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:09 pm

This gets a big WTF from me.

Oddly, I had an x-ray done this morning and will be seeing my urologist next week. Now I'm not saying the current health care system is perfect, but neither I nor any member of my family has ever had any problems.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Quexinos

Postby Quexinos » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:11 pm

Well... I can't get insurance because I was hospitalize over 2 years ago... I'm serious, no one will take me even though I can pay.

So I can see where she's coming from... it does suck. Not sure why we need a strip about it but...
Quexinos - Worse than Hitler

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:32 pm

HAR HAR HAR POLITICS HAR HAR
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:35 pm

Well... I can't get insurance because I was hospitalize over 2 years ago... I'm serious, no one will take me even though I can pay.

So I can see where she's coming from... it does suck. Not sure why we need a strip about it but...
That does suck for you. It's probably some stupid reason, too. Yeah, I guess for everyone that has no problems, there are many more who do.

And yes, no need for a strip about it. If DCS did a blog rant, that would make more sense, but speaking through RD? That's just weird.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:45 pm

That does suck for you. It's probably some stupid reason, too. Yeah, I guess for everyone that has no problems, there are many more who do.
"Many more" I'd say no, not 'many' more, though I have been in that predicament myself.
And yes, no need for a strip about it. If DCS did a blog rant, that would make more sense, but speaking through RD? That's just weird.
That's how DCS works, though. Happened in O&M as well, though not always as direct.

I would also like it pointed out that here, he supports the rushing of a bill that's impossible to read in the short time frame, HOWEVER he was staunchly against that when Bush was in office. Hypocrisy is a bountiful harvest, these days.

*edit* Oh, also, interesting note: The insurance agencies exist as they do today because of a democrat's policies. At one point in time, early-mid 20th century, there was a push to limit what pay could be for various types of work, thus creating set, tiered pay. Companies wanted to compete to get better employees, but were not allowed to pay above a certain amount based on experience. To counter this, and create more incentive for better people to work for you, "Benefits Packages" were created. These included things such as paid vacation, sick leave, and soon, health insurance. That policy of tiered pay was soon abandoned, but the idea of a benefits package was here to stay. Before all that, you would negotiate with your doctor, and if need be, take out a personal loan to pay for medical expenses, or work out a payment plan.

This is a 'trivia' level of knowledge, and I need to go home to look up the facts on this in order to back this up (at work and unable to access what I need).

And if I have my tail in a knot on this, then I apologize! It's something I think I recall from a "Business Ethics" class I took years ago.
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Jakkal

Postby Jakkal » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:01 pm

yeah, everyone is complaining about "health care systems". Even here, it's far from perfect. But hey, they don't let you die on the streets. It always can be better... but it can be worse...

about the strip:
"Omg, wtf?" Hu cares"

sad jazz cantaloupe

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:32 pm

I personally agree with Dana, but only in the sense that the government is full of shit and politicians won't ever get anything right

I'm not bothered by this strip. I Drew This ended a long time ago, and it's replacement blog ended a few months ago, and also it was pretty funny because Raine is a blue dog and would choose democrat over republican thus making her a "blue dog democrat"

Seriously, if you don't like RD that much in the first place, I don't think you have any excuse for getting upset over this strip. It's the first good strip in the whole series.
Apologies to everyone. Except Fritz.
First of all, Fritz, do yourself a favor and research your own answers before you post.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:11 pm

Raine Dog: An exercise in copy-paste comic strips.

(Not that that's necessarily bad, I love Dinosaur Comics.)
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

sad jazz cantaloupe

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:18 pm

Look more closely Nick, each panel is separately drawn...
Apologies to everyone. Except Fritz.
First of all, Fritz, do yourself a favor and research your own answers before you post.

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:27 pm

They are, which is kind of striking, to me.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:35 pm

So they are. In which case, it does a remarkably good impression of a copy-paste comic strip.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:29 pm

I really have nothing to add to the conversation. I know that the US health care system is subpar and yet I really have high doubts that it will get better any time soon. Quit you ranting, be grateful for what you have, and buy American. Peace out.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:50 am

Hahaha Segovia ^^
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:11 am

klimt

Postby klimt » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:32 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w&feature=fvst

now stfu and get back in the kitchen.