May 29th, 2009

Talk about recent Raine Dog comics.
Chris

Postby Chris » Fri May 29, 2009 10:48 pm

Save it first, upload, post here, THEN hit Ctrl+F5

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Fri May 29, 2009 11:11 pm

Holy Crap there's more! Anyway responding to Chris' post here's what I read this morning.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Fri May 29, 2009 11:53 pm

The previous page is accessible with (guess what) the "previous" button on rainedog.com. Probably just a teething issue with multiple postings on one day.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

IceDragon

Postby IceDragon » Sat May 30, 2009 12:01 am

DCS made the first page posted today look like it was posted on Tuesday :roll: :|

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sat May 30, 2009 12:22 am

Good to know it's not just me!
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sat May 30, 2009 12:25 am

DCS made the first page posted today look like it was posted on Tuesday :roll: :|
I doubt she did it on purpose. Probably just a glitch in the software. Give her the benefit of the doubt.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Sat May 30, 2009 12:30 am

I don't think DCS uses any sort of "software". I get the impression each comic HTML page is coded in plain HTML and uploaded, same with the index page every time there's an update.

Rather tedious way of doing things if you ask me, but I guess since I have yet to make my super duper PHP comic thing usable I can't point fingers really. Not that I have a comic to use it with.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Sat May 30, 2009 12:33 am

I don't think DCS uses any sort of "software". I get the impression each comic HTML page is coded in plain HTML and uploaded, same with the index page every time there's an update.
Well, that's what I meant. I'm not very good at tech stuff. Thanks!
Now including artwork!

AlanKeyesFan

Postby AlanKeyesFan » Sat May 30, 2009 1:06 am

Is this the same homosexual cat from News-Hounds?
Keyes '12!

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sat May 30, 2009 1:16 am

uhh, well that's because two hours ago it didn't show you today's first page if you clicked the back button. She had to make them be separate days.

And, DCS always used a script that her friend made for OM, so I would assume that she's either using that, or the Keenspot engine.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

datherman

Postby datherman » Sat May 30, 2009 3:13 am

The previous page is accessible with (guess what) the "previous" button on rainedog.com. Probably just a teething issue with multiple postings on one day.
When I made my last post, the "previous" button led to the somewhat creepy RD portrait, and clicking "next" from there led back to the 2nd half of the update. Obviously this was fixed since that time.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sat May 30, 2009 3:37 am

When I made my last post, the "previous" button led to the somewhat creepy RD portrait, and clicking "next" from there led back to the 2nd half of the update. Obviously this was fixed since that time.
She had to make them be separate days.

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Sat May 30, 2009 4:10 am

And, DCS always used a script that her friend made for OM, so I would assume that she's either using that, or the Keenspot engine.
That makes sense actually. Though any script that outputs static pages makes me cringe; hard to edit anything after you commit. Not to mention all the HTML pages lying around.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sat May 30, 2009 4:42 am

you never know, maybe she just has a line in her .htaccess that makes .html default to .php

...except she's already displayed that she doesn't have a single care about whether or not peoples links to her strips will still work after two years (I swear she changes the url format every time she changes the site layout)

Blizzard

Postby Blizzard » Sat May 30, 2009 3:16 pm

I fixed the first post. I also noticed Raine's muzzle seems to be growing in length.

Return to “Raine Dog Strips”