April 10, 2009 - The Canine Soul

Talk about recent Raine Dog comics.
MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:53 pm

Well I killed myself a couple times, but I rose from the dead because I am a necromancer.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

datherman

Postby datherman » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:04 am

Roger, you've been back less than a day and already you're posting flamebait, religious flamebait at that. Can you at least *try* to not create drama?

I know you just got back from your religious-based absence, and will probably be going to an Easter service tomorrow/today, and so it's all fresh on your mind. That's great. But you have to realize that a good number of furries (aka the people who go here) are not religious. Or have some other religious belief like agnosticism for example. And it's not your place to tell others that their facts are wrong based on your set of personal beliefs.

Personally I'm a Christian too, and yeah I'd probably agree with your statement. But blatantly saying "you're wrong because my religion says so" is just asking to be flamed.

TL;DR version: Roger, leave religion out of your comments, please. It makes things ten times simpler.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:08 am

Why won't anyone realize that I am kidding. Geez! Dantherman, seriously, I get it. As the Germans say

"Mund Zu!"

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:11 am

Segovia, you weren't kidding. You were blatantly saying that the statement int he comic was incorrect according to your religion.

If that's to tldr for you too, STFU ABOUT YOUR RELIGION. Love you.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:15 am

Look guys, here's a system. If a say something religous and if it's lowercase except for the first letter of the sentence, names, or places then I'm kidding.

But if I use caps lock then I'm serious.

Ex.

Convert to Christianity you heathens! ( Kidding)

I WORSHIP JESUS CHRIST. ( Serious)

Got it? Good.

datherman

Postby datherman » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:19 am

Look guys, here's a system. If a say something religous and if it's lowercase except for the first letter of the sentence, names, or places then I'm kidding.

But if I use caps lock then I'm serious.

Ex.

Convert to Christianity you heathens! ( Kidding)

I WORSHIP JESUS CHRIST. ( Serious)

Got it? Good.
So you use the complete opposite of what most people would use, for the sake of making yourself better understood. Well that makes perfect sense. Unless that post itself is supposed to be sarcastic, in which case...

Excuse me. My brain just exploded.

How about this: we leave religion out of threads that have nothing to do with religion. Which would, again, make things ten times simpler.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:23 am

I'll try.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:33 am

How about you don't ever kid, since nobody but me seems to be able to tell.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:52 am

How about you don't ever kid, since nobody but Muffin seems to be able to tell.
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:33 am

Roger, you've been back less than a day and already you're posting flamebait, religious flamebait at that. Can you at least *try* to not create drama?
I think Roger made a perfectly valid point. According to Christian doctrine, this comic (which you cannot deny is intended to have religious - indeed, specifically Christian - meaning) is incorrect. Roger was well within propriety to mention this; he even writes beneath it "Of course this is from a Catholic point of view."

Please don't attack people unnecessarily. (This goes for Muffin too, and anyone else who was thinking of jumping on that bandwagon.)

(And Roger: your proposed system is silly, I would advise against using it. Just try to joke more obviously.)
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Jakkal

Postby Jakkal » Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:56 am

wait... the bible says: on the 6th day god made all the animals on the grounds (dogs, ect.) on the 6th day as well god created the humans... and stuff... so, it's wrong to say by her "God made you first, "we are actually the last one. He placed us on the "first" place of rule, that would be right. referring to Genesis 1,1-2,4.

And my personal opinion is: everything which does not believe in anything got no soul. (Atheist believe that there are no god, so some kind of believe)

P.S.: lost my internet in Frankfurt ;( now only on weekend I got the change to check DC.net)

happy eastern everyone...

A dude named Vince

Postby A dude named Vince » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:02 am

When you bring intelligent/talking animals it always brings up issues in religion. Which is why I'm glad this is a comic.
Like Shredder emerging from the ooze, I've returned for a while!
Gary's mod?

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:43 am

I don't think it's all too important whether or not it was correct or not, because Raine was stating it in order to point out that it was absurd. DCS is obviously using Dogs as as a parallel of african americans, and Raine as a parallel of her own transgenderism/transexualism.

But to be fair, the creation story was told twice in the bible. One of them had animals first and people second, the other had people first and animals second, and women third. Everyone's correct!
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:15 am

I think Roger made a perfectly valid point. According to Christian doctrine, this comic (which you cannot deny is intended to have religious - indeed, specifically Christian - meaning) is incorrect. Roger was well within propriety to mention this; he even writes beneath it "Of course this is from a Catholic point of view."

Please don't attack people unnecessarily. (This goes for Muffin too, and anyone else who was thinking of jumping on that bandwagon.)

(And Roger: your proposed system is silly, I would advise against using it. Just try to joke more obviously.)
Oh dear... I even somewhat disagreed with what dan said about him having no right to say what is correct based on his own set of beliefs (etc), and yet I jumped on the bandwagon. I should have made that clear. Sorry Nick, I love you even more than Segovia.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:23 pm

Dude, I have NO idea where this comic is going.

Weren't we talking about Russians only a few strips ago?

Also, props to whoever made the "all dogs go to heaven" quote before me! :wag:

Return to “Raine Dog Strips”