March 13, 2009

Talk about recent Raine Dog comics.
nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:45 am

Even if she died very quickly in space, is it not often the downtrodden martyr who is most idolised?

I continue to reserve judgement until the actual story starts.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:12 am

What exactly is the point of this forum? Do we really need a forum where everyone basically picks apart why they hate the comic so much?
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:15 am

So Jeff, I noticed you were Raine's owner. How was that like?

Ozyfox

Postby Ozyfox » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:32 pm

Nom Nom Nom........

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:46 pm

So Jeff, I noticed you were Raine's owner. How was that like?
I did not understand this post; but then I read the comic.

It was murry purry, Jack.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:03 am

This strip actually made me involuntarily go "ew"

Goddamn...it's too cutsey-wootsey without the humour of O+M....

It's like he's not even trying to be funny anymore, which for someone like Dave you've gotta wonder...why? When he's quite a witty guy, why chuck that out the window for a sappy comic that would've been better being read as one completed piece?

If this had come out as a book, I probably would'be bought it and liked it for being different...but releaseing soemthing this slow as a webcomic? Who's fucken idea was that!?

ThomasKDye

Postby ThomasKDye » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:08 pm

Man, I can't believe the negativity over this.

First of all, this is a world where dogs are actually sapient and yet treated as pets. Laika, thus, would be a different type of dog in such a world.

Second, Raine is telling her life story. It's important that you see her life established before you get to the dramatic parts. And there is indeed a lot of drama; I can say with some knowledge that Raine's life story is rather gripping, but you have to know her origins in order for it to have any impact.

You really need to give it a chance. It's a solid, worthwhile story, and I think Dana is telling it well. Perhaps the weekly updates might be frustrating, I admit, but we all can't help our timelines.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:33 pm

I don't like the comic either, that's why I don't read it. It's not that difficult a concept.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:14 pm

I don't like the comic either, that's why I don't read it. It's not that difficult a concept.
But you post in the threads anyway, just because you are that great a man.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

datherman

Postby datherman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:44 pm

Just saw this a few minutes ago. It's horrible and I should be ashamed for laughing at it, but whatever.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2074507 (SFW)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Derrick Fish

Postby Derrick Fish » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:13 pm

Man, I can't believe the negativity over this.

First of all, this is a world where dogs are actually sapient and yet treated as pets. Laika, thus, would be a different type of dog in such a world.

Second, Raine is telling her life story. It's important that you see her life established before you get to the dramatic parts. And there is indeed a lot of drama; I can say with some knowledge that Raine's life story is rather gripping, but you have to know her origins in order for it to have any impact.

You really need to give it a chance. It's a solid, worthwhile story, and I think Dana is telling it well. Perhaps the weekly updates might be frustrating, I admit, but we all can't help our timelines.
Negativity? In here?! Perish the thought. :roll:

Seriously, though, I agree with your post Thomas and I don't really get why so many folks are chiming in regularly to express their dislike of something.

Dana's doing something different and just because you might have liked Ozy & Millie doesn't mean Raine Dog will be your thing. If you don't like it, you don't like it but what's the point of going to every new thread dedicated to a new page to reinforce that point aside from entertaining yourself? I dunno, I just don't get it.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:40 pm

Honestly, if you haven't figured it out by now, you should stop trying.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:44 am

It's the internet. It's every person on it's god-given right to express their distaste on things no matter how ill-informed or premature their conclusions.

thts wat teh interwebz r 4!

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:20 am

I was thinking this too, just didn't say it.

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:52 am

Well AFAIK from bits and pieces I've seen Raine is involved in a dog rights movement... maybe learning a bit more detail about Laika is what inspires her to it. :)

Return to “Raine Dog Strips”