"New Post" status.

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.
"New Post" status.

Postby Caoimhin » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:47 pm

I've found it to be problematic that everytime I log on the new post status for topics never goes away. I have to click on and go through each page with new posts before it labels it as "read". Is there a setting that allows me to see new posts that have only been posted after I log off? I'm never sure if there actually is any new posts.

likeafox
Administrator

Re: "New Post" status.

Postby likeafox » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:12 pm

Wow you actually prefer the old terrible phpbb2 newpost notifications? Okay. No, there isn't a way to revert back to that, but there's a much much less tedious way to clear all the notifications: On the index page, on right of the forum list title, click on "Mark Forums Read", and that will save you from having to look at every page of every thread. All it requires is a bit of forethought, clicking that every time just before you log out.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:09 pm

Wow you actually prefer the old terrible phpbb2 newpost notifications? Okay. No, there isn't a way to revert back to that, but there's a much much less tedious way to clear all the notifications: On the index page, on right of the forum list title, click on "Mark Forums Read", and that will save you from having to look at every page of every thread. All it requires is a bit of forethought, clicking that every time just before you log out.
This is what I do every time I browse away from the forum.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:26 pm

I just compulsively read every single post. Jason this system has ruined my life.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:04 am

I can't be arsed to read every post. Half of them are just 'WORDS WORDS WORDS. BLAH BLAH POLITICS.'
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:42 pm

Thanks Jason :smile: . I did find it annoying on the old forum, but I rather miss the feature. At least I can pick and choose when to use it.

Return to “The Site”