C-C-C-COMBO CREATOR

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

Angstwolf
C-C-C-COMBO CREATOR

Postby Angstwolf » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:29 pm

Soooooo... is there any reason that the "Ozy and Millie" and "O&M Strips" forums shouldn't be combined, especially now that O&M Strips is virtually useless?

Foxchild

Re: C-C-C-COMBO CREATOR

Postby Foxchild » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:39 pm

Archive it and never let it resurface!
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Google [Bot ]

Postby Google [Bot ] » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:16 pm

yes, there is a reason. the Strips forum was strictly for discussion about the individual strips, and the OM forum was for general conversation about the comic... it would become too difficult to navigate if they were merged. Although, maybe we could get a mod where you can minimize forums?
I'm not a spambot :S
BUTT DOGS

datherman

Postby datherman » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:23 pm

It would probably be simpler to just make the "OM strips" section a subforum of the "OM" forum. Gets rid of clutter on the main page, while still archiving threads that should remain separate for the sake of clarity/organization/archival purposes.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Google [Bot ]

Postby Google [Bot ] » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:25 pm

yeah
BUTT DOGS

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:26 pm

I have been, and still am, all for moving everything Ozy and Millie related downwards out of immediate sight. Raine Dog can go with them if it were up to me. In fact if not for the occasional new comic and post I would recommend just locking the entire two forums and keep it for archival porpoises, perusing as people see fit of happier times when Ozy and Millie graced part of our online routine.

Fanworks can be moved to the same set of forums that Anything and Airport are in since that has been mainly original material for ages.

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:22 pm

As long as we're all talking about reorganizing, I always felt that the Airport belonged in the same group as The Site. Afterall, what else are people leaving and joining but THE SITE.

Also, I fully support Dan's plan.

I'll also say that I agree with Jack about moving Fanworks away from the DCS-related forums (although the name "Fanworks" would need to change to retain its same meaningfulness, I think)

Liz
Staff

Postby Liz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:41 am

VOTE JAVS FOR A BETTER CHANGE. IN THE FORUMS. YAY.

Srsly, I think these are great ideas. Now Nick just needs to get off his lazy bum.

datherman

Postby datherman » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:55 am

Possibly layout option here. Not entirely satisfied with how I've got it categorized, but it's a start at least. Forum Games might also belong in the section with The Site, but that's debatable. I tried to maintain the current order as much as possible for the sake of familiarity.

Code: Select all

MAIN INDEX -DCS Works -Raine Dog Strips & Discussion -Ozy and Millie Discussion -Archived O&M Strips ----------- -Anything -Artwork & Fanworks -Yiff (lolololz) -Forum Games -World Events ----------- -Airport -The Site
Thoughts?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Æron

Postby Æron » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:09 am

I would promote the forum section with "Anything" through "World Events" to the top and demote the "DCS works" stuff below that.
Scurry, scurry, Scurryous! You might just be the murriest. You certainly are the furriest! Hurry! Scurry! Scurryous!

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:09 am

Yiff
Approved.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:31 am

Some refinements

MAIN INDEX -Airport -The Site ----------- -Anything -Arts & Fanworks -Forum Games -World Events ----------- -Raine Dog Strips & Discussion -Ozy and Millie Discussion -Archived O&M Strips
Reasons for my changes:
1. Airport/The Site section move
While The Site has made a home for itself at the bottom of the forum since DC's beginnings (and rightfully seems unnatural to put it anywhere else), I do think Airport and The Site belong together because they are both driven by news about the forum (no, Forum Games wouldn't fit. It doesn't share the quality of being informative at all). I also think the most intuitive place for Airport would be at the top of the forum, since that would be in-line with other sites that have their meet-and-greet forums near the top. Hence, both at the top.

2. Artwork & Fanworks
Changed to Arts & Fanworks to avoid the implication that it is only for visual artwork. Most notably, the forum contains writing as well.

3. Demoted DCS comic section
Sent it to the bottom because nobody gives a pair of pants anymore.

Æron

Postby Æron » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:40 am

Since next to no one draws "fan art" anymore, besides many people borrowing heavily from DCS's style, I would just drop the "Fanworks" from the name of that forum entirely. "Creative Arts"?
Scurry, scurry, Scurryous! You might just be the murriest. You certainly are the furriest! Hurry! Scurry! Scurryous!

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:08 am

Some refinements

MAIN INDEX -Airport -The Site ----------- -Anything -Arts & Fanworks -Forum Games -World Events ----------- -Raine Dog Strips & Discussion -Ozy and Millie Discussion -Archived O&M Strips
This is more or less what I support. I'm indifferent to the Airport/Site move but you make a good point. Also, like Aeron, I'd be happier if Fanworks was renamed Creative Arts.

Google [Bot ]

Postby Google [Bot ] » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:56 am

Creative Arts makes it sound like school...
BUTT DOGS

Return to “The Site”