Signature: KB-Limit possible?

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

Jakkal
Signature: KB-Limit possible?

Postby Jakkal » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:53 am

hey hey
I've got a question.
Is it posible to make a limit of the amout per KB for Signatures? Just one example: I'm using a signature with about 50KB. Segovia instead using one with nearly 1MB (I thing it's even not apropiate for this forum [younger readers], containing blood, shot people and such). My internet over here is not this good to handle such big sigs. Sure, I can just deactivate signatures, but I don't want to. 1MB isn't this "terrible" but people could start to use 10mb ones and such.
I would say, if it's possible, to cap the "volume" of the sig to about 250KB...

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:13 am

I changed my Signiture. Sorry, didn't know it was inappropriate.

datherman

Postby datherman » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:31 am

I brought this up once about Mazz's avatars. The answer was just a "meh" if I remember right. =/
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

baloki
Staff

Postby baloki » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:33 pm

To impliment something like that we'd have to hack the forum software up quite badly, so it's not an easy fix ^^;;

Do you believe in Lady Luck Now? Yeah Lady Bad Luck!

D-puff

Postby D-puff » Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:26 pm

I remember I was going to have a long (though not as long) animated avatar once, but #DC talked me out of it for said complaint. I guess I'm lucky that even for a horrid computer, my internet is amazing, so I've just never thought anything of it.
ImageImage

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:12 pm

If there is a user whose signature is excessively large we deal with it personally. If you have a complaint about the size of a signature or avatar direct it to me. This is a far simpler solution than a signature size limit, for which we'd have to (as baloki says) implement some nasty hack.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Return to “The Site”