I quit

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:50 am

OH WAIT I ACTUALLY HAVE AN EXCUSE TO BE ADMIN I was an admin for Castle Infinity for the past year or two, although it's since closed so I can't link you and be like "yeah dogg, I did this shit" but I really did do all kinds of website crap. Jason said that he isn't going to make anyone an admin, though. Personally, I think that rather than having admins we should just have a dedicated mod team that all form a committee to agree on stuff, essentially like it has been except there isn't an official "administrator" figurehead. It would be cool. Oh and I should be a mod.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Hyperion

Postby Hyperion » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:17 am

I was/am the moderator for the debate area for another forum... But even if I thought I could become admin, I wouldn't want to; don't want any of the associated responsibility.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Avatar by kurorakuen, Shienvien. Used with permission.

datherman

Postby datherman » Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:57 am

Can we keep this topic more about his leaving and less about "OOH OOH PICK ME AS THE REPLACEMENT *waves hands about wildly*"?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:27 am

I don't think anyone is qualified to run this forum. We should just let it die.

Boy, if any of you believed that, you really have not been here long enough.

osprey

Postby osprey » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:29 am

DC is like a cockroach. Long after the earth has become barren and inhabitable, it'll still be alive and well as the pet of a trash-collecting robot.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:59 am

bai bai, gl hf

Sorry to see someone from the staff leave, you're all quite awesome.

/me IS SUCKING UP LIKE A PRO.
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

simon
Site Founder

Postby simon » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:14 am

See what this place does to admins?? nobody listened to me, but now you see!

Abandon hope, all ye who admin here

D-puff

Postby D-puff » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Can we keep this topic more about his leaving and less about "OOH OOH PICK ME AS THE REPLACEMENT *waves hands about wildly*"?
I wouldn't really consider that a bad thing. It proves that there is apparently quite a few members out there who actually care about the forums enough to take up the task. That, and most people who are talking over it have said they're proper goodbyes.
ImageImage

Trance

Postby Trance » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:16 pm

I find in my various years of board-surfing that Plato's adage still rings true.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:15 pm

I wouldn't really consider that a bad thing. It proves that there is apparently quite a few members out there who actually care about the forums enough to take up the task. That, and most people who are talking over it have said they're proper goodbyes.
Oh ye who are naive. You will learn in time.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:18 pm

I thought this was coming from our little talk. Still was hoping it wouldn't.

For what it's worth I think you made the best you could of the situations that happened. Having seen some of the behind-the-scenes stuff you were always supportive and fair. Have a great retirement from all the commotion.

RocketGirl

Postby RocketGirl » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:26 pm

I wouldn't really consider that a bad thing. It proves that there is apparently quite a few members out there who actually care about the forums enough to take up the task.
Or it might just be people rubbing their hands together, chuckling, and going, "...POWER! It shall be mine! Mwaaaaaaahahahahahahah!"

Maybe this forum's different, but most places I've been, that seems to be the motivation to seek mod or admin positions...
Introducing new Dark Side RocketGirl™: Quicker, Easier, More Seductive!

ImageImage

baloki
Staff

Postby baloki » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:45 pm

LikeAFoox, if you leave forever I am coming to Canadadadadada and banning you from Real Life.

Do you believe in Lady Luck Now? Yeah Lady Bad Luck!

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:49 pm

*is not leaving forever*

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:50 pm

It's a shame that you're stepping down as admin, Jason, but I suppose that's life, and there are definitely things more important than DC. Still, you did a great job (and it's tough, I know).

Clearly there need to be arrangements made for a new admin, or at least somebody who can ban users or fix the forum if it breaks - to leave it exactly as it is would be somewhat irresponsible.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Return to “The Site”