Ban Segovia Megathread.

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

Should we ban Johnathan "Roger" "Schizo" Segovia?

Yes.
44%
No.
56%

Total votes: 36

Æron

Postby Æron » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:37 am

The issue of Segovia for me is superceded by the issue of staunch lack of tolerance shown by some people on this forum. I disagree with Octan and others that Segovia is the problem because I don't think either issue is dependant upon the other. They are hardly even related. Since many people have been getting these two mixed up, I'll outline them:

1) Segovia. He is his own problem.
2) There are assholes on the forum.

There. It's pretty obvious that most people here find Segovia annoying in more ways than one. What certainly isn't so obvious to some people is how to not exacerbate the problem. Proactive concepts-- like not replying to threads you would normally pass off as not-worth-your-time instead of wasting everybody's time and starting pointless controversy-- don't seem to register. If everyone stopped replying to the annoying posts, or even offered constructive criticism, Segovia might clue in to what is acceptible and what is not (Oh and don't tell me having poor art skills is unacceptible. It seems like everyone has forgotten what a supportive community DC was for just-starting-out artists 5 years ago.). On the other hand, tactics like Fritz's (which I have banned Fritz again for btw) do little to foreward causes such as concerning Segovia for the simple reasons that people become sypathetic towards whoever he's being an asshole to, and all it serves is to complicate a once-simple issue, and make everyone weary from drama; consequently, nothing is solved.

What I find absolutely repulsive about Fritz is that rather than starting a real discussion about it, just ignoring Segovia, or even, y'know, getting bored after a few scathing comments, it's always "Hey let's spend hours upon hours tormenting Segovia in hopes that he'll have a mental breakdown and become an hero!" It's sadistic, and it's pathetic.
Agreed, QFT.

osprey

Postby osprey » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:17 am

Hear, hear Jason.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:30 am

gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

FerretParade

Postby FerretParade » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:48 am

Here's to many more horrible horrrible threads and souless caveman scrawled linework.
so there's a high school football coach sittin on the couch,
with a toothpick in his mouth.
and the stray dog won't forget the day,
he tricked him with a chocolate shake. (little trick)

datherman

Postby datherman » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:55 am

But what happens when the constructive criticism is not only ignored but taken as offensive? I think that's also part of the issue here.

I have not voted yet, for the record.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:03 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINDtlPXmmE

Just change the context to this whole situation, and you have my thoughts almost perfectly.

klimt

Postby klimt » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:04 am

give them all a couple weeks of time out, keep them on a short leash when they come back. the entire situation is wrong, that there is a situation in the first place is pretty disgusting.

fritz...if you don't like being moderated, theres a unmoderated board here full of the kind of people you seem to love getting a rise out of.

segovia...if you can't figure out what you are doing wrong and how to fix it then...you're wasting everyones time and sooner or later you'll go through the door. whether it has to be shown to you or not is up to you.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:32 am

Flamewarriors wheeeeee!
I'm gonna sign up for that!
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Trance

Postby Trance » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:06 am

Have any of you considered the possibility that not treating Segovia like a criminal and handing down all these dumb ultimatums for behavior might work better? That maybe giving him time to mellow out might not be too disastrous? Seriously, there's something to be said for civility.

The fact that this kid has got the troll posse seeing red is at the same time hilarious and pitiful. You guys need to grow up.

FerretParade

Postby FerretParade » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:18 am

Cocks

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:18 am

But what happens when the constructive criticism is not only ignored but taken as offensive? I think that's also part of the issue here.
That, a billion times. Any attempts at constructive criticism were taken as offensive.
Cocks
You'd like that, wouldn't you?
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

The MAZZTer
Location:Destiny, several billion light years from Earth. Also known as Vancouver.

Postby The MAZZTer » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:20 am

Where's the "Who?" poll option? :(

FerretParade

Postby FerretParade » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:20 am

That, a billion times. Any attempts at constructive criticism were taken as offensive.
Cocks
Lets have a discussion about cocks

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:21 am

Cocks
Lets have a discussion about cocks
http://www.manbottle.com/pictures/man_w ... g_cock.jpg
Last edited by Gecko on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

FerretParade

Postby FerretParade » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:23 am

I can't handle a cock that huge..how does he do it!

Return to “The Site”