Ban Segovia Megathread.

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

Should we ban Johnathan "Roger" "Schizo" Segovia?

Yes.
44%
No.
56%

Total votes: 36

Dr. Dos
Ban Segovia Megathread.

Postby Dr. Dos » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:19 am

Seriously he's only getting crazier.

<Pocket> See? He's clearly got a disorder and we're enabling him. Move to ban on these grounds.

Even Octan agrees.

He's a really stupid 15 year old kid who's only getting worse and is now turning into a furry.

His posts contribute nothing, but hideous art and he makes damn well sure we see every last bit of it.

Every thread he makes derails into shit regardless of whether or not Fritz posts in it because somebody always sets him off.

He already registered an alternate account before to compliment his own art.

The entire chatroom can't stand him.

You admins are forced to be dicks to good posters in the name of fairness rather than just realize that Segovia is the one who is ruining things. You know you hate him to.

The man has made more posts in like 4 months than I have in 5 years, his posting rate is only going up. He averages .7 posts per HOUR.

ITT: Post why Segovia should be banned.
Anami: Sex with a giant, black scorpion seems fun.

<SteveThePocket> Geez. I want more of this stuff now. Now I know how a horny guy on an imageboard feels.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:22 am

Hmm. Not quite sure.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:29 am

I voted no.

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:41 am

I also voted no.

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:33 am

Image TL;DR post warning!

For the record, the real reason I support this is I'm tired of all this infighting, and it certainly seems that it's not going to end while he's still around. This used to be a peaceful forum. Later it was a peaceful forum punctuated by joke-flaming (regrettably mistaken for real flaming by a few newbies who tried to join in). Even lately, it's mostly been minor murmurs of malcontent. And then suddenly everything blows sky-high. What the hell happened to our beautiful forum?

You might say it has to do with the kind of people who post here nowadays and that it was inevitable. But we've gotten along fine up till now. There have been other times, some of them recently, when I thought for sure we'd get into a predicament like this with the Newbie of the Week, but we've learned to coexist peacefully until now. Even the Segovia drama has stayed confined to the chat room until yesterday.

This is more than just getting rid of someone we don't like. It's about restoring order. Sometimes the only way to end a conflict is to remove one of the sides from the equation. One side is him. The other side is... well, who ISN'T the other side? Nobody that I know of really likes him. And while that's never a good reason to ban someone, look what it ultimately led to, despite our best efforts to remain civil:
Anyway there were two sides to the one you call Segovia. There was that pussy Caveman and then there's me. I was here before here was and then you all killed him. Now I flourish.
In other words, "No more Mr. Nice Guy." Somebody threw a rock into the hornets' nest, and now it's come down to either taking a can of Raid to the lot of them, or never setting foot in the backyard again.

And like Dr. Dos said, even I've been driven to taking sides. That's no easy task. My approach is usually to avoid conflict. Maybe that's a bad thing. I don't know.

And to Jonathan "Roger" Segovia: I'm sorry it had to come to this. It's just... you really do need help, man. You're passive-aggressive and you have a bloated sense of self-importance, and some are under the impression that you may have untreated multiple personality disorder (and even if you don't, the fact that you're acting enough like it to make people wonder isn't a good thing either).

On the Internet, issues like these thrive, like mosquitoes in a festering swamp. A perfectly reasonable person capable of living a normal life will discover that things like egotism and confrontationality are tolerated and even encouraged by the way the Internet works. They feed off the rotting corpses of long-dead social lives until they become so powerful they consume him. Then one day he wakes up, and he can no longer relate to people in the real world. I hope that's not you yet. If it is, get help. If it's not, don't take the risk.

In the very likely chance you are not forcibly removed from the forum: I apologize on behalf of those who have taken your presence as an excuse to become hostile and flex their trolling muscles. Please do not make good on what seems to be a threat to make life difficult for all of us. There's still a chance we can learn to peacefully coexist, even if it has to entail an actual written peace treaty. I'm not above resorting to such an arrangement.

Anyway, it's almost 4 A.M. and I'm having trouble thinking straight. I'll probably regret ever posting this. Whatever. Sometimes things need to be said. If everyone laid all their cards on the table, there would be no winners and losers. Goodnight, all you pantsless whackjobs. I love you all.

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:51 am

Image TL;DR post warning!

For the record, the real reason I support this is I'm tired of all this infighting, and it certainly seems that it's not going to end while he's still around. This used to be a peaceful forum. Later it was a peaceful forum punctuated by joke-flaming (regrettably mistaken for real flaming by a few newbies who tried to join in). Even lately, it's mostly been minor murmurs of malcontent. And then suddenly everything blows sky-high. What the hell happened to our beautiful forum?

You might say it has to do with the kind of people who post here nowadays and that it was inevitable. But we've gotten along fine up till now. There have been other times, some of them recently, when I thought for sure we'd get into a predicament like this with the Newbie of the Week, but we've learned to coexist peacefully until now. Even the Segovia drama has stayed confined to the chat room until yesterday.

This is more than just getting rid of someone we don't like. It's about restoring order. Sometimes the only way to end a conflict is to remove one of the sides from the equation. One side is him. The other side is... well, who ISN'T the other side? Nobody that I know of really likes him. And while that's never a good reason to ban someone, look what it ultimately led to, despite our best efforts to remain civil:
Anyway there were two sides to the one you call Segovia. There was that pussy Caveman and then there's me. I was here before here was and then you all killed him. Now I flourish.
In other words, "No more Mr. Nice Guy." Somebody threw a rock into the hornets' nest, and now it's come down to either taking a can of Raid to the lot of them, or never setting foot in the backyard again.

And like Dr. Dos said, even I've been driven to taking sides. That's no easy task. My approach is usually to avoid conflict. Maybe that's a bad thing. I don't know.

And to Jonathan "Roger" Segovia: I'm sorry it had to come to this. It's just... you really do need help, man. You're passive-aggressive and you have a bloated sense of self-importance, and some are under the impression that you may have untreated multiple personality disorder (and even if you don't, the fact that you're acting enough like it to make people wonder isn't a good thing either).

On the Internet, issues like these thrive, like mosquitoes in a festering swamp. A perfectly reasonable person capable of living a normal life will discover that things like egotism and confrontationality are tolerated and even encouraged by the way the Internet works. They feed off the rotting corpses of long-dead social lives until they become so powerful they consume him. Then one day he wakes up, and he can no longer relate to people in the real world. I hope that's not you yet. If it is, get help. If it's not, don't take the risk.

In the very likely chance you are not forcibly removed from the forum: I apologize on behalf of those who have taken your presence as an excuse to become hostile and flex their trolling muscles. Please do not make good on what seems to be a threat to make life difficult for all of us. There's still a chance we can learn to peacefully coexist, even if it has to entail an actual written peace treaty. I'm not above resorting to such an arrangement.

Anyway, it's almost 4 A.M. and I'm having trouble thinking straight. I'll probably regret ever posting this. Whatever. Sometimes things need to be said. If everyone laid all their cards on the table, there would be no winners and losers. Goodnight, all you pantsless whackjobs. I love you all.
+1

Awesome post.
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Re: Ban Segovia Megathread.

Postby Muninn » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:18 am

He's a really stupid 15 year old kid who's only getting worse and is now turning into a furry.
Most 15 year olds will probably act like this or act in a way to piss off most 16-25 youths who KNOW they're mature and act better than them. There are loads of other people who make their furriness much more explicit than what I've seen Segovia do.
His posts contribute nothing, but hideous art and he makes damn well sure we see every last bit of it.
The ghost topic at least had some discussion, simple as it was. It wasn't a topic that's been beaten to death so at least a few people got to say what they think and post arguements on why they believe or not.

Well it's not easy to defend the art so I don't post in his thread. Yeah, sorry. As for posting it all, or at least most, there's no rule against that and it's not something that goes against some rule of netiquette. To someone who says he only cares about the Anything forum Dos, you should find it easy to ignore his drawing topics.
Every thread he makes derails into shit regardless of whether or not Fritz posts in it because somebody always sets him off.
This is Segovia's main problem from my viewpoint. Too easily excited to go into some line of thought or emotion without considering it. But then, knowing this, certain members incite it or encourage others to set him off despite not liking what happens.
He already registered an alternate account before to compliment his own art.
Not defending this. It was terrible.
The entire chatroom can't stand him.
Well, there are degrees to that. The chatroom is where opinions are far more easily and quickly said without considering them. Still some people just don't care enough or outright aren't bothered. Though a lot are, perhaps not to the degree you are.
You admins are forced to be dicks to good posters in the name of fairness rather than just realize that Segovia is the one who is ruining things. You know you hate him to.
Everyone does stuff once in a while people hate, or at least disapprove. It's easy to point out one cause of why people are acting the way they are when there are many. The same people, you have to admit, act the same way whenever they see someone who isn't at least a little like them. This goes for both sides. It's just that certain people are less inclined to step out of their way to understand.
The man has made more posts in like 4 months than I have in 5 years, his posting rate is only going up. He averages .7 posts per HOUR.
Quantity is certainly not quality obviously, but even so there's no rule on the forum about keeping to a limited ammount of posts, even if that's better. Post count isn't something to be taken seriously anyway - I know you don't take it seriously Dos.

In the very likely chance you are not forcibly removed from the forum: I apologize on behalf of those who have taken your presence as an excuse to become hostile and flex their trolling muscles. Please do not make good on what seems to be a threat to make life difficult for all of us.
Just QFT.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:38 am

Excellent post, Octan.

The problem I have at the moment as a moderator is how far I should go to stop every thread that Mr. Segovia posts in on this forum from turning into an unbridled flamewar. I don't like locking topics; I see that as imposing on people's freedom on the forum, but in some cases it has to be done, and recently more and more frequently. It's very unfortunate that topics which start out well (like the Ghosts/plushie avatars one) are brought to their knees by some sustained chain reaction between certain forum members and Segovia.

What strikes me as more of a shame though is that rather than simply not inciting him (it seems some people here are completely unable to do so, and while it can be put down in part to his volatile personality it does not by any means absolve other parties of blame) it is actually considerable that a better solution would be to ban him. This shows, I think, a lack of civility and restraint; that when somebody comes to this forum and acts differently to how people expect, they are consistently aggravated by some members. A recent example: Fritz's posting of Segovia's old poster was entirely uncalled for and needlessly incendiary.

In my mind, it is very difficult to justify banning Segovia - especially considering that only recently we unbanned Fritz. I suppose, though, if we can't rise above this constant incitement then it is better for the order of the forum as a whole that he leaves. It would certainly make my job easier.

---
Having just read the new developments in his Fanworks thread I have a little to add. The attitude he displays is indicative of either mental issues or attention-seeking; I can't for the moment tell which. I'm inclined to agree with Octan, though; maybe it would be better for his own health to stay away from here for a bit, and to see a neurologist if he has a genuine condition. On the other hand, excluding him from Define Cynical may serve only to worsen whatever condition he has.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Trance

Postby Trance » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:36 pm

I think a few members are being tremendous asshats and need to lay off the kid. It's a wonder you get any new people to stay with treatment like that.

He's just an adolescent who wants to belong in the community. But MuffinSticks and the gang feels compelled to troll the living daylights out of him. How is it that the moderating team lets this go on for so long?

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:39 pm

While I understand where that's coming through, if I were looking at it from a mod's point of view, I wouldn't morally be capable of agreeing with that. Yeah, banning Johnathan would end the current drama. But seriously, what the pants? we're grown people here. We can't pantsless deal with a 15 year old that's never been on the internet before, and therefore doesn't understand how to react to a bunch of assholes? This isn't a forum for assholes, we still have a growing fanbase and hopefully there's going to be many new members in the years to come.

there's like four people that have mental retardation here and don't understand how to act civilly once they've been overstimulated, and one of them's been banned. Everyone else is capable of being a god damn adult and not whining about some kid on the internet. I mean, seriously guys? Dos? Ferret? Ferret thinks we should ban him simply because he isn't a good artist.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:02 pm

I don't care if I get banned honestly. I don't even feel at place here.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:34 pm

He's just an adolescent who wants to belong in the community. But MuffinSticks and the gang feels compelled to troll the living daylights out of him. How is it that the moderating team lets this go on for so long?
Also, when have any of said "gang" ever contributed anything to this forum? I can't recall a time.
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:43 pm

when have ever contributed anything to this forum? I can't recall a time.

P.S. ily Ibun :wag:
Last edited by Dr. Sticks on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:59 pm

At the risk of being banned, I like to speak at my own defense. I've had four threads locked, but they all were not locked material. I can surely tell you that each one wasn't lock material. The bored thread was just me trying to get some sleep so I just wrote what I was thinking. However the members of this so called site corrupted it into something that it wasn't before. The same goes with the Lie all lies thread and the recent ghost thread. At leas the ghost thread did stick to the topic longer than most threads on this site. Anyway for the artist part. You people who say I suck are just complete jerks. I have only been drawing for five months with out a computer or a graphic tablet. I don't consider myself an artist merely a cartoonist. Artist means your good and talented. Cartoonist means that you do cheap drawings with punchlines that give people a good chuckle. Now I wonder, did I really do something to deserve to be banned? I think not. When I first got here I was probably the most civil here. Not using profanity or ripping on others posts. Surely I was more of an adult than most here. I noticed that the people who want me banned are the people who haven't even make an effort to get to know me. I myself had put aside differences with such people like Fritz or Ibun in order to try to get to know them better. Now if I didn't succeed, well I least I tried. For those people who did try to get to know me, thank you.

Also I read some of the other post and they say that I have some psycological problems. I really don't. Getting banned from here won't be the end of the world for me. I have a life outside of this website with people that actually care about me. I have friends that like me for who I am and don't think I'm crazy. Go ahead ban me.

Return to “The Site”