What is going on?

Discuss anything pertinent to this website.

Moderator:Æron

likeafox
Administrator
What is going on?

Postby likeafox » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:59 am

I will tell you what is going on. I'm sure most of you have experienced trouble connecting to DC at numerous times in the past few months. It was for that reason primarily that I decided to move DC to another more reliable server as soon as I was capable.

No, it hasn't been moved to Singapore. That is just the temporary domain name we are using until definecynical.net gets resolved. I'm hoping everything will be back to normal by tomorrow as far as that goes. My own server has been repaired and DC now resides on the same server that it did before the database crash about a year ago. I'm confident this will solve our connection problems, but if anyone notices unresponsiveness please tell me.

Aside from our domain name, the only outstanding issue is the fanart gallery. I'll try to get that fixed very soon as well.

Thanks for being patient.

Zaaphod
Moderator (retired)

Re: What is going on?

Postby Zaaphod » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:33 am

My own server has been repaired and DC now resides on the same server that it did before the database crash about a year ago.
Coolness. :D
Made by Angela. :D

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:54 am

\o/

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:30 am

:D
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:00 pm

:marty:

Llewthepoet

Postby Llewthepoet » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:14 pm

Does this mean that topics that were lost during the attack where we moved to jent's server will be back?

:?:

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:22 pm

the attack
*blinks* We were attacked?

Llewthepoet

Postby Llewthepoet » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:41 pm

the attack
*blinks* We were attacked?
It was a server attack where we had to change to jent's server, leading to him becoming an adminstrator.

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:31 pm

There was no "attack" last year. It was just a hardware failure that left the database server inoperable.

There hasn't been an attack in over 2 years -- ever since we switched over to phpbb.
Does this mean that topics that were lost during the attack where we moved to jent's server will be back?
No. Those lost posts are gone forever. Not that anyone will miss them. Can anyone even remember what was going on for those 5 short days that the posts went missing for?

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:22 pm

No. Those lost posts are gone forever. Not that anyone will miss them. Can anyone even remember what was going on for those 5 short days that the posts went missing for?
How can you even suggest that, you utter monster. You vagabond! If I knew you personally I would call upon your house, laminate your dog, ostracise your carpeting and ruminate on your abode's structural integrity.

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:29 pm

NOTHING. That's what was going on.

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:43 pm

Posts went missing? When was this? :?
My DeviantArt | My LiveJournal | My Webcomic
Cameron is awesome because:
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-He lives in Idaho among the wilderness and stuff and I envy him for that. 3:
-He is probably one of the most personable artists on here.
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

Fritz

Postby Fritz » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:22 pm

About a month before you joined, I think

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:29 pm

Can anyone even remember what was going on for those 5 short days that the posts went missing for?
If I'm lucky, I might remember what I posted 24 hours or so ago. These days when my brain is crammed so full with work and college, it's no wonder I ever remember the other stuff. Course it doesn't help that the last few fun stuff outside work and school involved alcohol.
Nathan

osprey

Postby osprey » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:03 am

Can anyone even remember what was going on for those 5 short days that the posts went missing for?
I think we lost the entire "List reasons why you love Osprey" thread. :(
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Return to “The Site”