Rant and relieve

Popular word games for time well wasted.

Moderator:Æron

Tai
Staff
Rant and relieve

Postby Tai » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:50 pm

Ok so let's see where this goes (preferably not deleted). Someone will post something that's getting them down, frustrated, etc within reason and rules. The next person will try to cheer up the previous, though try to avoid "it could be worse" statements because it COULD get worse D:

Now ground rules will have to include

no direct jabs (Tai is MAKING ME ANGRY RAHAFS)
and
no extremely vague statements (I feel sad)

And keep in mind that a cup of cocoa to cheer someone up might not always be good because they might hate chocolate (like Arloest) or be allergic so anyway GO

It sure would be nice if someone posted SOMETHING in that fanworks thread of mine instead of silently voting :o

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:18 pm

Not to worry Tai, people from other forums will comment on your stories. Also you can comission me to do art for the cover of your book.

I am terrible at listening for chords so I can rarely play songs by ear that have chords :(

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:36 pm

Terrible at listening for chords? No worries, you can play any top 40 song made in the last 20 years.

Me, there's a hair in my beard that's trying to burrow through my lip and into my mouth. It is quite ornery.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:45 pm

Ingrown hairs are tricky, but enough tweezing should keep it under control. It's a lot cheaper than those laser treatments at the cost of a weekly regimen ^___^

I need to walk a mile every day and I get tired after some days in class :|

CodeCat

Postby CodeCat » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:04 pm

Just walk a mile a day, but don't go back. Then after a week you'll be 6 miles from school! :D

I keep getting hungry when I go to bed, and I can't sleep...
Furries? Are they the nutters that pretend to be animals and draw humans that look like animals? Christ, I sink my head into my paws... -Rooster

gforce422

Postby gforce422 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:20 pm

If you make a smoothie, and put it in a glass with a long straw running to your mouth, you won't even need to move to get some nourishment!

I have a problem with posting the same picture on the same page multiple times.
gforce422 is awesome because:
-He made the absolute nicest comments about me in the other topic. I didn't respond to them yet, because I suck, but they are greatly appreciated! =D
-I would say he would also be a good runner up as one of the nicest people alive.
-He joined the IRC sometimes. But not enough, I say! Chat moar =D
-He is evidently only 18 year old but he could easily pass for 25. =D
-He is a drummer like *I* am and this in itself is cool.
Astro> gforce's smiles can cure cancer in kittens
Astro> the happiness radiating from your person is enough to solve tensor calculus
<mib_4do271>everything you touch explodes in pillows of happiness

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:07 am

If it makes you feel any better, I have the same problem. I instead took it and made it part of my personality. If I find myself in such a place where that behavior is unacceptable, I simply see it as being a part of my personality which I choose not to reveal in that place. (If that sounds weird, keep in mind that there are many parts of my personality which I choose not to reveal here, and you all are probably the same way.)

I loved her then, and I love her now. Never telling her how I felt was the biggest mistake of my life, and now it's far too late to tell her how I felt, and still feel.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:31 am

It is, indeed, sad that you and Allison never worked out. (At least, I assume you are talking about Allison, if I'm remembering her name right.) Such missed opportunities are always sad, thinking about what could have been. However, everyone experiences these feelings at one point or another, and it is pertinent that one focuses not on what could have been, but what is, and henceforth, what could be. It may not sound like a good cure, but really, it is. Here is something you can do whenever you feel sad over this matter:

Think of all the subtle, little things in your life that make you happy. Maybe it was a funny joke on some show, a painting you liked, a character you like on a TV show, whatever. It might seem ridiculous, but really, thinking about all these little things at once does make you feel better. What you do, then, is TAKE that happiness and use it to think about your life in a positive perspective. Think about all of the opportunities you currently have, all the good things you DO have, and how you can use these things to make good things happen. It does work, it's like a self-inflicted high. This applies, of course, not just to you, but everyone.

That was one long ass response. Maybe its because I'm simultaneously writing a lab report as I'm posting this, and I'm stuck in that essay-esque mindset.

Anyway, here's a self confession. As some of you may know I have certain affinities towards some certain cartoon characters (and not SEXUAL affinities you pervs). But I always remember that they are not REAL, I could never actually meet them or know them or whatever, and it makes me sad. Does anyone, at least, share this subtle affliction? (Affliction may be a strong word, but since I'm in essay-mode right now I feel compelled to use longer words.)
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Foxhound

Postby Foxhound » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:29 am

Dammit. Arloest makes things hard.

:ontopic:

Perhaps some do share the idea, but think of it this way: if cartoons were real the world would be far more difficult to deal with (from a domestic standpoint)

I have a problem with humanity's stupidity as a whole.
Image < http://stopvirgin.movielol.org/
ImageImage
"No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up."

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:14 pm

Watch "Jeopardy."

I'm too self-centered.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:46 pm

I have that exact problem, Arlo. That's why I get such a kick out of voice acting Abel sometimes... Problem is, there's no cure. It's a fine and pleasant misery, anyway.

Note, Tom, that I am subtly helping you with your problem by ignoring you right now. :P
My DeviantArt | My LiveJournal | My Webcomic
Cameron is awesome because:
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-He lives in Idaho among the wilderness and stuff and I envy him for that. 3:
-He is probably one of the most personable artists on here.
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:05 pm

:smile: Okay, but you forgot to include your own rant.
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:28 pm

:smile: Okay, but you forgot to include your own rant.
Right. Well, when I'm on the Internet I'm always having to worry about whether by being in certain places or whatever that I'm compromising my moral standards. For example, should I read comics that have the f-word in them? I would hate to miss reading, say, Rooster's comic, but on the other hand I know my Mom would not be thrilled. It's pretty much an issue I have to watch out for everywhere, and it's bad for my digestion. Moral awkwardness makes me feel yucky.

Though I don't think most of you necessarily have this problem...
My DeviantArt | My LiveJournal | My Webcomic
Cameron is awesome because:
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-He lives in Idaho among the wilderness and stuff and I envy him for that. 3:
-He is probably one of the most personable artists on here.
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

Mista_B

Postby Mista_B » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:52 pm

I've dealt with that via the realization that others moral standards in no way affect my own. I dunno, if I thought that my own morals could be negativly affected by others, I could see how that could be horribly stressful, but *shrug* I've decided that they don't.

Rant: Why do art supply stores go out of their way to rip you off? Trying to charge me $20 for a 200 page sketchbook, when I can find the exact same book in WalMart for $5. I'm trying to support local business, but... $20? vs $5? For the exact same product? My wallet can't justify that. Maybe better to just buy printer paper and do that, but the quality of it really is poor for eg pastels.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." <br>-- Bertrand Russell

Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:07 pm

Rant: Why do art supply stores go out of their way to rip you off? Trying to charge me $20 for a 200 page sketchbook, when I can find the exact same book in WalMart for $5. I'm trying to support local business, but... $20? vs $5? For the exact same product? My wallet can't justify that. Maybe better to just buy printer paper and do that, but the quality of it really is poor for eg pastels.
Same here...

Also:
I suck at drawing Since i'm a perfectionist...

Return to “Forum Games”