DC TF2 Server - Bots

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Blizzard
DC TF2 Server - Bots

Postby Blizzard » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:45 am

I'm making this as a reference for the people who play the DC TF2 server. This is a guide for making and managing bots. I am not spreading the rcon password, which is necessary to do this. Ask Michal if you want this password.

Once you connect to the server, open your console. This can be done with the ` button. If it doesn't work, you'll have to go to options -> keyboard -> advanced -> enable developer console.

Type this in the console:

rcon_password <rconpassword>

This will allow you to use rcon commands. "<rconpassword> is, obviously, the rcon password you should know beforehand and if you don't you need to ask Michal for it as previously stated. You should also type this afterwards:

rcon mp_teams_unbalance_limit 0

This will let people join the same team regardless of team unbalance. Now, about adding bots...

rcon tf_bot_add x y

replace x with the number of bots you want, and y with the team color (red, blue). Examples: rcon tf_bot_add 4 red, rcon tf_bot_add 6 blue

If you want to remove a particular bot, type:

rcon tf_bot_kick <bot's name>

This will only work if the bot's name is one word. If you want to kick -all- of the bots...

rcon tf_bot_kick all

After a team scramble, it is good to kick all the bots, get everyone (everypony? forum filters these days...) on one team, and recreate the bots.

Changing maps:

You probably want to know how to do that too. There are two ways: via console command, and via admin controls. If I'm free, ask me and I can look into giving you access to change maps. But since this thread is for when I'm not around anyway, here is how you do it via console command:

rcon map <map filename>

This page ( http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Maps ) has a list of all maps and their file names. Keep in mind two things: bots absolutely do not work on any 'payload race' map, and that this method of map changing will kick everyone ( again.. D: ) from the server and they will have to rejoin 5~ seconds later.

Hope this helps, have fun!

likeafox
Administrator

Re: DC TF2 Server - Bots

Postby likeafox » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:12 pm

This will be helpful thank you most kindly :D

A dude named Vince

Postby A dude named Vince » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:40 pm

There's a DC TF2 server? =0
Like Shredder emerging from the ooze, I've returned for a while!
Gary's mod?

Blizzard

Postby Blizzard » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Yep! Just go to favorites and add 8.6.74.222:27015 , but you will likely want to get a group together in the IRC to play.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:02 pm

Already thanked you in IRC, but thank you again. I'll be able to play once I'm back on my computer.

Return to “Anything”