Tea

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

likeafox
Administrator
Tea

Postby likeafox » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:13 am

I would like to buy some tasty tea. What kind of (preferably non-caffeinated) tea do the tea drinking people recommend?

Tom_Radigan

Re: Tea

Postby Tom_Radigan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:06 pm

Lots of herbal teas at the various grocery stores in my area. I don't like the mint teas though.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:43 pm

For non-caffeinated, try lavender or camomile, or a fruit tea (cranberry is good). Personally I only drink English breakfast tea, which contains caffeine and has a strong flavour.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:20 pm

There's only two types of tea. Normal everyday black tea, and phoofy-la-de-da tea.

Tom_Radigan

Postby Tom_Radigan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:35 pm

There's only two types of tea. Normal everyday black tea, and phoofy-la-de-da tea.
Phoofy-la-de-da tea is at least a good alternative to sugary drinks. In my case I'm trying to not have diabetes.

johndoe0028

Postby johndoe0028 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:47 am

Well, for non-caffeinated, herbal is definitely the largest category. But I do think Red Tea also lands in the group, too. I've never had it, so I can't say anything one way or another about it.

For traditional teas, I love my first flush Darjeeling. It's a black tea, but it's light and floral and has a nice warm flavour. For green, I enjoy Sen-cha. I am not too big on them, but the Oolong teas are good, too.

Heh, I just like tea, I guess.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Ah, I do love a bit of Darjeeling. Very good tea.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Earl Grey is my favorite though I also drink English Breakfast and some others (including Darjeeling).
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:46 am

I visited the grocery store today and looked for boxes that said Darjeeling or Sen-cha but did not find any :(

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:43 pm

I could also recommend lavender and fruit from the phoofy-la-de-da category.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:19 pm

Phoofy-la-de-da tea is at least a good alternative to sugary drinks. In my case I'm trying to not have diabetes.
YOU DON'T PUT SUGAR IN TEA!!!!!!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!?!!!!!!!

:wag:

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:51 am

I visited the grocery store today and looked for boxes that said Darjeeling or Sen-cha but did not find any :(
I doubt that you live in a Commonwealth nation now :-P . Honestly, that is an outrage! If my rinky-dink town can have Darjeeling so should yours :evil: . I love oolong (as well as darling Darjeeling) myself. Red teas are basically just reddish "black" teas. Except for the South African rooibos tea, which is also referred to as red tea http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos . We have a cake of this at home http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pu-erh_tea . But you may not like it because its more fermented than oolong, so it packs a punch. Or, not :huh: . It could also be one of the smoothest red teas I've had :? .

If you want something interesting try lapsang souchong , its a Chinese smoked tea, they use pine of some kind believe it or not. It has a very nice smoky aroma and a pleasant mildly smokey taste.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapsang_souchong , I've never had the "good" stuff apparently.

Return to “Anything”