Post your notes

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Tai
Staff
Post your notes

Postby Tai » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:07 am

I used to be one of those "I can remember enough just listening notes are for scrubs" people, but a few years back I saw the light - writing shit down really makes things easier. I've gotten so addicted to writing things out, not even those oil change coupons people leave on your doorknob are immune to my writing

(fyi the finished product of the doorknob notes isn't finished, but the contents of those notes helped spawn most of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_AUcZGChE4 )

I used to do school notes the analog way, had it down to a science (check out me fitting three lines of text in one college ruled line near the middle)

But then I got a windows 98 laptop and now notes are so much fasterrrr. I took lolnotes on how fructose is bad for you; the lol biochem part is basically how all my science notes look ( http://pastebin.com/f78d6e31b ) I'd love a tablet laptop so I could draw on my notes, but for now I'll settle for the ancient laptop for concepts and paper for diagrams.

I've gotten so enamored with electronic notes, I've started compiling all my old handwritten notes into digital form. Being able to access your notes from anywhere with internet is a big plus, and it looks neater. I'll spare you my wrinkly slightly-poo-covered notes (you wish I was joking) and show you the final product, which has taken on a life of it's own. Don't let this next one's girth scare you, just follow the happy green bubbles and look for words you recognize nearby (warning, big - Image )

So poast your notes - school notes, post-it notes, notebooks, notepads, love notes, music notes, whatever notes you have!

Dr. Dos

Re: Post your notes

Postby Dr. Dos » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:52 pm

I actually took a photo of some homework I did just to show off how ungodly terrible my handwriting is.

The story behind this is that I have some generic World Music class this semester and had some assignment to define a bunch of things but my book had not yet arrived so I had to use the internet.

Anami: Sex with a giant, black scorpion seems fun.

<SteveThePocket> Geez. I want more of this stuff now. Now I know how a horny guy on an imageboard feels.

Foxchild

Postby Foxchild » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:53 pm

If I had notes, it'd be meeting minutes (yuck!) which would likely contain sensitive info anyway. :(
If you've done things right, people won't be sure if you've done anything at all.

Paws

Postby Paws » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:56 pm

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:34 pm

The story behind this is that I have some generic World Music class this semester and had some assignment to define a bunch of things but my book had not yet arrived so I had to use the internet.
I *just* ordered two books for classes that will start next week, that until today I didn't realize overlapped the same time slot by an hour.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:47 pm

I write like a retarded 9 year old girl.

This is now the handwriting comparison thread.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Maggot Brain

Postby Maggot Brain » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:29 pm

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:39 am

My handwriting is pretty dreadful:

(Photobucket offered me the opportunity to have this on a mug. Nice try, but I think I'll pass.)
(P.S. Tai your notes are sexy.)
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:53 am

Notes are for people who are still in school!
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

Liz
Staff

Postby Liz » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:44 am

Jason should post in this thread. I remember looking through his pile of papers of notes and to-do lists. His hand writing is also spectacular.

Once I get home from my dad's, perhaps I'll scan in something and post it. Probably something littered with doodles too.

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:38 am

Lookit those fuggin para additions :v I thought you were a physics major Nick? Or are you taking organic chemistry just for kicks and giggles?

Also Nicolai you're probably the first person ever to compliment my notes :3

Also Arlo surely you're going to record what mineral samples you find where in the field, or keep a diary, or scribble down pizza phone numbers - order 1 pizza from 30 companies vs 30 pizzas from one etc

datherman

Postby datherman » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:06 am

That's the front page of my crib sheet from last semester's Calculus 3 final. The front (pictured) contained every single test question we had been asked that semester, with solutions. The back contained info on spherical coordinates, other random notes, and misc formulas that didn't appear in the final.

Sadly that's the only class last semester that I got an A in.

As for ACTUAL notes, lemme check my massive binder yet (which I never bothered to empty during winter break). Ah, here, have some badly-handwritten Physics notes.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:16 pm

Lookit those fuggin para additions :v I thought you were a physics major Nick? Or are you taking organic chemistry just for kicks and giggles?
At the moment I'm still in school (final year) so's I'm doing chemistry, physics and maths. Also Russian. Oh man let's get some Russian notes
Whoa damn.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:09 pm

Arghh those are even more impossible to read than your first set of notes. Pretty though.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Tai
Staff

Postby Tai » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:46 am

Only one person needs to read them amirite nick

don't answer that nick you're slping right now

Return to “Anything”