Post Your Dreams

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:47 pm

Do you actually know the specifics of installing a traffic light? It would probably be more dull if you did than if you didn't.
I basically just kept screwing things together. I think the only tool I used was a screwdriver.

klimt

Postby klimt » Thu May 07, 2009 7:11 pm

i had won free plane tickets and for whatever reason had decided to go visit liz, but i was having incredible amounts of trouble finding the tickets. once if found the tickets there was difficulties packing...i somehow ended up in Torontos airport and had to get help setting the tickets up - they were blank and i had to fill in the required information myself. once i had that done, the dream changed.

all this was broken up and took place in several short dreams over the night, as i kept waking up whenever i tried to figure out why it was liz i was visiting, or why i couldn't remember winning the tickets.

KurtmanJP

Postby KurtmanJP » Fri May 08, 2009 12:18 am

Here's a dream I had about a year ago:

A bunch of kids from my food trades class (From my Senior year in High School) and I were all sitting in a cramped up trailer watching a movie. The movie itself was an extremely random and insane cartoon flick. Picture a blend of Bonkers and Viva Pinata to set the atmosphere.

The main character (Didn't have a name so I'll call him Clyde) was this Border Collie with the mask and tail rings of a raccoon. He wore a pair of nerdy glasses and an old style jail uniform. He reminded me of a mix of Sly Cooper and Killer from All Dogs Go To Heaven. He was in this contest against a fat woman (Doesn't have a name so I'll call her Marsha) who has purple skin and blonde hair with a ponytail, a wide size red dress and a pearl necklace.

In this contest, Clyde and Marsha would perform crazy, outlandish stunts like cloning their own body outlines and riding shopping carts. Marsha's stunts were more impressive so Clyde burst into tears then all of a sudden, Clyde realized he won so the crowd threw him on stage for a speech but then someone suddenly shined a magnifying glass in front of Clyde.

Then, the scene changed to this part where Clyde was drunk and standing on top of a building along with a massive green helicopter. He fell off the edge and began telling the audience 3 random facts about himself:
-How he used to drum in a rock band
-Why he used to be a lawyer
and
-Why his own eyes are a "jungle green" color

When he fell, the scene changed to him in a wheelchair in this outdoor prison. Suddenly, the guards were about to execute him when a little girl ran up and asked for Clyde's autograph. In this touching scene, a whole bunch of other girls ran up to Clyde and asked him for his autograph. Clyde signed them all but then the guards magically changed him from a cartoon Border Collie into a CGI Border Collie, causing him to scream in despair.

Then, the scene changed yet again but this time it showed these 4 obese half-naked cartoon vikings pigging out of ham, roasts and turkey in the back of an ambulance.

Suddenly, my student-aide barged into the trailer and yelled that I have mud on my shoes so then I had to walk with her over a hill to a pizza parlor where I walked into the ladies room by accident. I didn't find out it was the ladies room until I walked deep enough to see two signs that said "girls" and "women" posted in the stalls. So I ran out as fast as I could and washed my shoes off in the boys' bathroom. Oddly enough, neither bathroom was marked "Men" or "Women" on the outside.

Once I got out of the bathroom, I saw this TV in the restaurant and on it was the same cartoon I was watching in the trailer. The villain was revealed to be a big black shark with legs, glowing red eyes and a large sledgehammer. And that is when the dream ended.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sun May 10, 2009 12:20 am

I dreamed that I had a miscarriage. What the hell?

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Sun May 10, 2009 4:55 am

Do you even have a uterus? Where were you keeping the thing; a box?
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Sun May 10, 2009 11:31 am

I don't know that part. I was in some hospital like environment, clean and white. There were people rushing around me, I was just shaking nervously there, holding myself looking at the ground where a dead babby lay in blood and I remember saying, "that's my babby" in a way that meant I'd miscarried. Quite disturbing actually.

Burning Sheep Productions

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Sun May 10, 2009 1:12 pm

That's awful.
Burning Sheep Productions

Doc Sigma

Postby Doc Sigma » Mon May 11, 2009 1:19 pm

box

Luke Atmey sees what you did there, and now he's masturbating

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Mon May 11, 2009 5:33 pm

I had a dream where I got up and went to work.

Oh wait, that was a nightmare.

Steve the Pocket

Postby Steve the Pocket » Mon May 18, 2009 9:29 pm

There's a quote from The Simpsons that I really like: "We can do anything now that science has invented magic!" I kept trying to shoehorn it in somewhere on TV Tropes but it doesn't seem to quite fit anywhere.

Anyway, last night I dreamed that I took that phrase and made a T-shirt design out of it. The picture was of a scientist in a lab coat holding a beaker, and there was a genie coming out of it.

It wasn't till this afternoon that I realized how dumb the idea was. But it's nice to know my subconscious is at least trying to do my work for me.

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Mon May 18, 2009 10:08 pm

I would buy that t-shirt.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Tue May 19, 2009 5:32 am

Last time I slept normally I dreamt I was a Polish soldier fighting against (?) in some sort of wood. I met one of my friends, a guy from school I know called Martin Davidson, and told him we were on the same side as we had the same flag on our shoulders. He then asks me something in Polish to which I tell him that I’m actually British and working for OSS.

We then hide as the enemy comes near to us and then we make our way to a snowy mountaintop castle. We fight our way in with bolt action rifles and win but the enemy leader bayonets me just above my heart and I pass out only to come to in hospital being informed what a hero I am. Then I get attacked by a New Zealand Brown Grass snake (?) that bites me on my right neck for no apparent reason.

Only upon closer inspection we find that the snake is actually a screamer (from the film, Screamers) and we are forced to retreat to a darkened rainy city that looks like Ravenholm. We move slowly and find two friendly soldiers taking shelter in an underground alcove at the base of some steps from street level. We talk for a few minutes before we’re attacked by screamers and we all fight them off but I wake up.

Random, eh?

NO

Postby NO » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:45 pm

My dream last night consisted of me and a bunch of other DCers hanging out irl. I had gotten into argument with Tai over IRC about whether or not it was cost efficient for movie theaters to offer milk at the concession stand (?) and that ended up in him coming to my house to argue about it face-to-face. Simon and Angstwuff were already there, and eventually Roo showed up. I remember my dad asking me if he was too creepy to hug my sister. I told him that even though that Roo may look scary, he's a great guy on the inside and should be allowed to hug Claire. Later the five of us played Cranium. There were nine or so game pieces and four of them were blue.

Maggot Brain

Postby Maggot Brain » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:02 am

I had a dream that Malcom X, Abraham Lincoln, David Bowie, and Molly Ringwald came to live with me. I don't remember most of the details, but it was surreal, to say the least.

klimt

Postby klimt » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:03 am

There's a quote from The Simpsons that I really like: "We can do anything now that science has invented magic!" I kept trying to shoehorn it in somewhere on TV Tropes but it doesn't seem to quite fit anywhere.

Anyway, last night I dreamed that I took that phrase and made a T-shirt design out of it. The picture was of a scientist in a lab coat holding a beaker, and there was a genie coming out of it.

It wasn't till this afternoon that I realized how dumb the idea was. But it's nice to know my subconscious is at least trying to do my work for me.
dude, i'd totally buy that shirt. do it up man.

Return to “Anything”