New movie this summer

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Bendarr

Postby Bendarr » Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:49 am

Just wanted to let you people know about a movie that'll be coming out this summer. It's called "Skycaptain and the world of tomorrow". This movie looks awesome. The website is www.skycaptain.com <br>They even got a trailer for it. Note you'll need quicktime to play the trailer though.<br>I am really looking forward to this one.<br>
We're sorry but the number that you have dialed is imaginary....Please turn your phone 90 degrees and try again.

Burning Sheep Productions

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:33 pm

Summer in which hemisphere?
Burning Sheep Productions

Elscire

Postby Elscire » Sun Jan 18, 2004 5:10 pm

Hmmn, it doesn't look all that fantastic to me.<br><br>Well, it looks like an OK film, but nothing more than that.<br><br>And I can assume that Bendarr means summer in the northern Hemisphere, BSP.
Supreme Parallel Pyjama Semi-Sequoia Surrealist Dohickey Elscire (the First)ImageHow rare!

Doctor Fred

Postby Doctor Fred » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:24 pm

My elder brother hass been telling me about that one and how much he wants to see it. It looks good, like it'll have that old feel that movies haven't had in a very long time.
<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Impact'><a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/doctor_fred/' target='_blank'>Enter the Mind... Please?</a></span></span>

simon
Site Founder

Postby simon » Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:06 am

Big robots shooting lasers at cites. WWII era aircraft flying around. Retro look. It's got everything! Of course it will come out months late here.<br><br>It reminds me a lot of Crimson Skies. Except for the robots.

Bendarr

Postby Bendarr » Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:12 pm

Yes, that would be this summer in the northern hemesphere. What I find also fascinateing is that the robots look straight out of Max Fliecher's superman animation from the late 30's to early 1040's. I'll have to look up exactly which one. I've got some of them on DvD but I can't remember which ones.
We're sorry but the number that you have dialed is imaginary....Please turn your phone 90 degrees and try again.

Return to “Anything”