Let us be miserable together!

A place to talk about anything (that doesn't belong in the other forums).

Moderator:Æron

Rooster
Let us be miserable together!

Postby Rooster » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:48 pm

My wallet has gone missing, along with nearly £300 (about $600) contained within it's black leathery frame.

While that sucks enough, add another £30 for a replacement Driving Licence, and a furthur £25 for a replacement National Insurance card...oh, and £5.50 for a new Natwest cash card.

Basically, this is a bit of a vent, and I'm wondering if anyone else wants to vent about what sucks in their life right now.

Or is that shamelessly egotistic?
Last edited by Rooster on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:58 pm

I don't need to post what I think.

rabid_fox

Postby rabid_fox » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:02 pm

I've been half-paid for the last two months on account of shocking incompetence somewhere in the system that works out my wages (as a teacher, it goes through a few levels of bureaucracy). As a result, I am teetering on the edge of a financial crisis of the "Eat once every few days" kind.

There's a good chance I may be vanishing from your screens soon, because laptops still get good money at the local pawn shop.
Thither

Rooster

Postby Rooster » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:53 pm

Dude...that sucks. I keep hearing about the messups with teaching staff. Half my old university's lecturers went on strike towards the end of my final year.

Also, I've changed the title of the topic, as I feel a collective display of miserableness is better than scattered individual ones :wag:

Burning Sheep Productions

Postby Burning Sheep Productions » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:28 pm

I've had my wallet stolen before, but that was half due to me being an idiot and leaving it in the change-room unattended. Wasn't too bad though since I didn't have any cards at that age.
Burning Sheep Productions

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:46 pm

I haven't lost any significant cash, but back in October I did lose a whole bunch of information including my social insurance number, original birth cirtificate, and various other personal documents that could very easily be used to steal my identity. Essentially everything except my bank card and passport (thank god for that at least). I still don't know who has it or what kind of terrible surprizes await me in the future as a result of that \o/

Ibun

Postby Ibun » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:00 pm

Serves you right Roo. :x
Killin' the first born of lyrical Yul Brynners.

CameronCN

Postby CameronCN » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:02 am

I suppose that probably means you won't be commissioning me like you were thinking about now. :grin:
My DeviantArt | My LiveJournal | My Webcomic
Cameron is awesome because:
-Because he has an artistic style that is both complex and minimalist. This is profound!
-He once drew me as a roadrunner. It was an actual honest to god feral roadrunner, but a roadrunner nonetheless!
-He lives in Idaho among the wilderness and stuff and I envy him for that. 3:
-He is probably one of the most personable artists on here.
-I think he's the only one of us on here who drew a fanart that made it as a guest strip on O&M. This is an accomplishment!

klimt

Postby klimt » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:55 am

well, this makes me feel better about being able to buy concert tickets off ebay for three times what they would have cost, if i wasnt at work while it was being sold out.

hdofu

Postby hdofu » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:39 am

that sucks like lite beer
[url=http://www.wikitsune.com][img]http://www.wikitsune.com/wikitsune.png[/img][/url]

Tom Flapwell

Postby Tom Flapwell » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:34 am

In tenth grade, I lost two wallets. They didn't have much money, but in the same year, I lost a TI-83 calculator, a winter coat with a hat and gloves in the pockets (stupid bent locker door), and a pair of dress shoes (who takes those, anyway?).
See other much-maligned creatures in my webcomic: http://downscale.comicgenesis.com

Rievan

Postby Rievan » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:13 am

It would be worse if you were a female and put everything in a purse and that purse got stolen. Also you could be dead, or have a terrible disease, or amnesia; the worst would be an imminent death of a disease that you forgot about because you have amnesia... Just thought I would put it in perspective.
Ecce Homo

Arloest
Moderator (retired)

Postby Arloest » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:21 am

Also you could be Fred Durst.
Who sleeps shall awake, greeting the shadows from the sun
Who sleeps shall awake, looking through the window of our lives
Waiting for the moment to arrive...
Show us the silence in the rise,
So that we may someday understand...

GeorgiaCoyote

Postby GeorgiaCoyote » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:42 pm

No need to vent right now. Got all my venting out of my system on Friday. Well I guess I could vent about you venting but...my time is short.
Nathan

Æron

Postby Æron » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:35 am

I'm broken and incabable of love. :(

Return to “Anything”