ENOUGH!

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

cougartiger
ENOUGH!

Postby cougartiger » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:15 am

Another person on DA has accused me of tracing my "Yo-yo Millie" drawing. I DIDN'T TRACE THE DAMN THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I decided to take photographic proof:

Note that my drawing is still in the sketch pad.

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/4869/milla.jpg

Note than you can just barely see the refernece pic under the thick drawing paper. Keep in mind that the reference pic is flopped so I'm forced to think in terms of shapes when copying. This is an old trick used for beginners although copying a pic upside down is more common.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5241/milb.jpg

Note that I'd have to use a flashlight under the paper, which is still in the sketch pad, to trace it with any accuracy.

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7056/milc.jpg

My only crime was in that I decide to copy it so EXACTLY. I honestly wanted it to be an EXACT copy of the reference pic. I worked on it for months. Beacuse of the tracing comments however, I have decided not to do that anymore.

The doodles I did at work and recently uploaded this week are copies from art books I have.

I have a Locke/Mudd pic coming up which, like my Ozy pic, uses the cast poses as a starting point. I then create a "new" drawing from that.

I'm learning. By this time next year, I will hopefully be creating original art and not just "Frankenstein" pics.

Everyone learns differently. This method is working for me. I'm getting better.

Since you and some others are not being understanding of my process, I am considering removing the "offending" Millie pic.

I am getting sick of the abuse I've been taking on this forum. First it was my thoughts on the last story last fall, then Baconsticks rude comments on my picture in the "What you look like" thread, now THIS.

I've been walking on eggshells on this forum since smoothing things over last fall and I'm tired of it.

I am seriously thinking of leaving.

Honestly, why do you all dislike me so much? Why do you find it so hard to believe I actually have some damn talent at copying drawing exactly?

Finally, what is wrong with how I look, Baconsticks? So I'm not the most handsome guy in the world. I like the way I look.

I'm furious as I type this.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:05 am

I really, really didn't mean anything against you when I said that. I was just being silly.

Seriously. :sad:

datherman

Postby datherman » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:41 am

I don't think anybody has a problem with the way you're learning-by-copying. But it's kinda silly to post it online and say "hey look what I drew" when it is after all just a copy. Save it for when you're drawing things freeform, and then people can give actual constructive criticism on the drawing. As it is now, the only comment you can really get is "well that's nice I suppose."

But yeah, I thought this issue died weeks ago.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:53 am

Nobody hates you, Fritz is a douchebag, you're just sensitive.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:55 am

I don't think anybody has a problem with the way you're learning-by-copying. But it's kinda silly to post it online and say "hey look what I drew" when it is after all just a copy. Save it for when you're drawing things freeform, and then people can give actual constructive criticism on the drawing. As it is now, the only comment you can really get is "well that's nice I suppose."

this and
Nobody hates you, Fritz is a douchebag, you're just sensitive.
this.

sad jazz cantaloupe

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:02 am

For starters, you're whining here about something that happened on deviantart. That may be a reason people don't like you.
keep in mind that this is fritz and so it's just pure trolling not actual criticism
Apologies to everyone. Except Fritz.
First of all, Fritz, do yourself a favor and research your own answers before you post.

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:07 am

A serious faggot.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:11 am

A serious faggot.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

sad jazz cantaloupe

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:24 am

A serious faggot.
Apologies to everyone. Except Fritz.
First of all, Fritz, do yourself a favor and research your own answers before you post.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:05 am

I really, really didn't mean anything against you when I said that. I was just being silly.

Seriously. :sad:
I kinda knew you were joking but with all the attention going to Liz and her friends I just took it the wrong way. Can't blame Liz for being hot I guess. :smile:

Well, I've been up front with where the original drawing came from and who drew it, etc. I never expected accolades. I just thought it might be interesting for people to see how I evolve from copying to originals. *SHRUGS* For the record, I have gotten some positive comments, faves, downloads, etc. Guess I should concentrate on the positives.

I'll remove the Millie pics. It seems the best way to avoid further arguments.
For starters, you're whining here about something that happened on deviantart. That may be a reason people don't like you.
keep in mind that this is fritz and so it's just pure trolling not actual criticism
OK. Point taken.
edit: I'll admit you very well proved that your drawing wasn't traced but can you blame me and others for thinking that you did? It was almost identical to the reference pic.
I'll give you that. It's the precise reason I stopped trying to copy drawings so exact. I'm being much looser and trying to put my own style on things.

Hopefully by this time next year, I'll just be doing originals.

Anyway, I might stick around. Need to think a bit. It's just that lately, between health problems, work, the bad economy finally catching up to me, and some other stuff, it's like I can't catch a break.

I have a 10 day vacation starting next Thursday. It can't come fast enough.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

Jakkal

Postby Jakkal » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:38 pm

well, let me handle it this way:
we don't hate you, really. But this statement about this DA stuff is not very fitting, is it? As the stuff way back, when you was all over O&M (pointing at your Avatar) where you even written a poem about the wedding. It went a bit too far, don't you think? Sure, being a fan is one thing, but... you know... that was too much. And I'm wondering, why you take the critique so personal, aren't you old enough to be standing over it? Sure you are, so just try to stay with us, try to draw further on (creating a own style, would be really nice) and stick with us. And if you are upset about a comment by one of us, say so! I really don't like the fact, that people are whining "Waaa, they don't like me! They are not nice to me! I leaveee!", and leave us from one post to another... we coulda make a new thread in the "game-section" where everyone can write one thing, what he don't like about the guy above. :P

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:40 pm

well, let me handle it this way:
we don't hate you, really. But this statement about this DA stuff is not very fitting, is it?
I feel it's fitting as more tracing comments can be found in my art thread on this forum. But we can agree to disagree on that issue. Look, I just snapped last night, give me a break, OK?
As the stuff way back, when you was all over O&M (pointing at your Avatar) where you even written a poem about the wedding. It went a bit too far, don't you think? Sure, being a fan is one thing, but... you know... that was too much.
My poem is a biography of Locke, the wedding is only a small part of it. If you're gonna mention it (or comment on it), at least read it so you'll be more informed as to it's contents.

As for the rest, I haven't brought it up since then so why bring it up now? Leave it in the past where it belongs. I vowed not to talk about that stuff again, and I'll keep that vow.
And I'm wondering, why you take the critique so personal, aren't you old enough to be standing over it? Sure you are, so just try to stay with us, try to draw further on (creating a own style, would be really nice) and stick with us. And if you are upset about a comment by one of us, say so!
Yeah, I could've handled the situation better. Apologies to everyone. Except Fritz. :-P If this happens again, I'll try to take a few hours and calm down before posting.

My own art style will show itself in it's own good time. Something like that can't be rushed. I already see improvements. Just give me time.

I'll probably stay and point taken.
Now including artwork!

Jakkal

Postby Jakkal » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:05 pm

that's what I wanted to hear...

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:32 pm

that's what I wanted to hear...
:smile:

Return to “Arts”