Segovia's Compositions

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

osprey

Postby osprey » Sun May 31, 2009 11:20 pm

but that's just because they're a bunch of potheads playing for an even bigger number of potheads and they don't care and can't tell
I love them for this reason.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:30 am

Look at me! I made an Aria!. My first Aria to be precise.

AlanKeyesFan

Postby AlanKeyesFan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:46 am

You should take a music theory course.
Keyes '12!

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:52 am

*sigh* I saw this coming so I came up with a list of facts to justify my conclusion that the middle part in my composition is not a christmas song.

1) the only simularity between the two is that they sound "similiar". Of course the simularity is all up to the listener. Given the human variable that the listener hears what they want to hear, this makes the actual testimony of the listener, a some what flaud piece of evidence.

2) The keys the two songs are in fact different. For most versions of O come all ye faithful are written in the key of G and my composition is written in the key of B flat. OF course there is the technique of trasposition however it only works if the actual rhythms are the same. Which leads me to my 3rd reason.

3) The rhythms are not the same. First of all if you actually looked at a hymn book you would see that O come all ye faithful starts off on a pick up note. My composition starts right on the down beat of a measure. After that down beat there would be a half note. How can the two be the same when one's a half note and the other has two quarter notes? They can't! Plus there is that run in my composition that O come all ye faithful does not have.

In conclusion you "Think" you are hearing O come all ye faithful, when you are not. Just accept it and move on.

AlanKeyesFan

Postby AlanKeyesFan » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:06 am

Also it sounds like O Come All Ye Faithful.
Keyes '12!

Jakkal

Postby Jakkal » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:37 am

heared the "aria"... would be ok for a theme or backgroundmusic (again). You should know, that there is more then just punching a dur to call it a Aria or something. Listen to real Arias... they#ve got some changes... movements and such... hard to explain it in english for me...

klimt

Postby klimt » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:45 am

*sigh* I saw this coming so I came up with a list of facts to justify my conclusion that the middle part in my composition is not a christmas song.

1) the only simularity between the two is that they sound "similiar". Of course the simularity is all up to the listener. Given the human variable that the listener hears what they want to hear, this makes the actual testimony of the listener, a some what flaud piece of evidence.

2) The keys the two songs are in fact different. For most versions of O come all ye faithful are written in the key of G and my composition is written in the key of B flat. OF course there is the technique of trasposition however it only works if the actual rhythms are the same. Which leads me to my 3rd reason.

3) The rhythms are not the same. First of all if you actually looked at a hymn book you would see that O come all ye faithful starts off on a pick up note. My composition starts right on the down beat of a measure. After that down beat there would be a half note. How can the two be the same when one's a half note and the other has two quarter notes? They can't! Plus there is that run in my composition that O come all ye faithful does not have.

In conclusion you "Think" you are hearing O come all ye faithful, when you are not. Just accept it and move on.
goddamn javs, thats EXACTLY what i was thinking reading that post

Jakkal

Postby Jakkal » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:43 am

but do you see? he learned from his "mistakes" of the Sum up poems thread... calling this one "segovia's compositions" ;)

btw. who is this guy on the picture?

Angstwolf

Postby Angstwolf » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:25 am

btw. who is this guy on the picture?
Vanilla Ice.

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:11 pm

Oh well I thought the Aria would have been better considering that I only wrote in a few hours. Oh well. I don't really like the program I'm using. Finale Notepad is so limited. I can't make key changes with out changing the whole key of the song. I can't add pizzicato with the strings. It doesn't repeat when I add a repeat sign, it's pretty basic. I wish I could afford a better program but as I said before, I'm poor.

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:48 pm

Oh well I thought the Aria would have been better considering that I only wrote in a few hours. Oh well. I don't really like the program I'm using. Finale Notepad is so limited. I can't make key changes with out changing the whole key of the song. I can't add pizzicato with the strings. It doesn't repeat when I add a repeat sign, it's pretty basic. I wish I could afford a better program but as I said before, I'm poor.
www.thepiratebay.org www.mininova.org www.isohunt.com

nickspoon
Moderator (retired)

Postby nickspoon » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:58 pm

Define "Cynical" does not endorse, participate in or otherwise become involved with illegal or questionable acts including, but not limited to, copyright infringement, illegal distribution of copyrighted content, drug or people trafficking, arson, manufacture of nuclear or biological weapons, pouffe theft or infanticide.
If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place. (Revelation 2:5, NIV)
Josh Woodward, Ohio Singer/Songwriter, offers his songs for free. Give him a listen.

osprey

Postby osprey » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:01 pm

Define "Cynical" does not endorse, participate in or otherwise become involved with illegal or questionable acts including, but not limited to, copyright infringement, illegal distribution of copyrighted content, drug or people trafficking, arson, manufacture of nuclear or biological weapons, pouffe theft or infanticide.
Damnit, all my hobbies nick. =(

Dr. Sticks

Postby Dr. Sticks » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:08 pm

Nickspoon wholeheartedly endorses using thepiratebay.org to pirate the latest copy of Propellerhead Reason for use of its superior MIDI sequencer and Virtual Keybords
http://www.spingain.com/?ref=146518
Well put doog. You never posted anything offensive whatsoever
we know she'll be back, like a good bitch should.

Baconsticks

Postby Baconsticks » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:30 pm

Bacon wholeheartedly approves killing babies.

Return to “Arts”