MuffinSticks? In the Fanart section??

A place for any sort of art you have done.

Moderator:Æron

Æron
Re: MuffinSticks? In the Fanart section??

Postby Æron » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:47 pm

I rather dislike when only one or a couple people on a forum get my references.
o/
Scurry, scurry, Scurryous! You might just be the murriest. You certainly are the furriest! Hurry! Scurry! Scurryous!

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:56 am

Greetings thread! Now that I am finally in my second semester of 3D animation at school, I can resume working on such, and require constructive criticism and/or greatjobs. Here's one that I just did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-R0h8zE1oE

The point of this project was to practice making fire/explosions/smoke/dust and the such, so that is why there is so much of it in this video xD

I plan on making the design for the second house better, maybe a balcony and a little garden around it or something. Also, I plan on making the chimney smoke more visible and making the path for the concrete block more realistic. I'm probably gonna add sound effects as well, but that's a whole other chapter. Apart from these, any suggestions? Ways to improve models/camera work, perhaps? I'm not sure I'm happy with all of the timing and camera movement but I'm not sure how to make it better. Suggestions are so greatly appreciated, you don't even know.

Also, I got halfway through the next cabbage patch gits comic and ran out of good ideas. It will probably be a long time, if ever, until that is completed xD

Also also, I'm pretty sure we'll be learning how to make HAIR in 3D animation after this project, so I will be improving my crappy spiderhusky that I made a long time ago.

ANYWAY. Comments?
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

osprey

Postby osprey » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:44 am

Not bad, not bad at all. Texures aren't that great, but it doesn't seem like that's the main purpose of the project. I thought the animation was well done for sure.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

likeafox
Administrator

Postby likeafox » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:31 am

I watched it and I think you are improving. You should teach me 3D animation.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:43 am

Thank you, thank you :3
Yeah the only good textures are the default ones, which are pretty limited. Pretty much every texture I needed (bricks, shingles, sidings, doors and windows) had to be stolen from google images xD That's why they're ugly. Maybe I should hire an artiste to draw beautiful custom textures for me.

And if you really want to start up animating, I will help however I can. It's a pretty complicated program so it would be impossible to start using it without any help, and reading guides and whatnot on the internet is a pain IMO.
Yeah and the program I use is called lightwave (9.0, I think). The software is like $100, so... it's available on the pirate bay with cracks =} cracks cracks.

So yeah. I'm pretty obsessive with getting all the camerawork perfect, so even the smallest thoughts on certain parts being too long/short or fast/slow are appreciated. Or if you don't know, that's fine too. I'd probably spend the same amount of time obsessing either way.

So YEAH. tldr: Thanks!
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:31 am

Oh hey, guess what, I'm done with it, in case anyone cares. I could add sounds and whatnot, but eh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi9moBYTQsI
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

Gecko

Postby Gecko » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:58 am

Most glorious. <3
Anami and Anami are sitting around Anami says "GRR I AM ANGSTY LET'S EXPRESS ANGST" and so Anami says "ONE OF THE MODS ON DC IS A DICK I POSTED A PICTURE THAT WASN'T REALLY THAT INAPPROPRIATE AND THREE MODS SAW IT AND DID NOTHING THEN A FOURTH ONE SAW IT AND DELETED IT" and Anami says "OMG I HATE MODS >:("

Liz
Staff

Postby Liz » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:15 am

I very much enjoyed that. ^^ I have no idea how much work you really put into it, but I do enjoy the camera movement and angles. Textures could be better, yes, but you had limited resources so that is forgiven. Perhaps you could learn to make textures too! That would be neat.

So what IS it about? xD

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:39 am

The real-estate circle of life! A hideous brick mansion blows up and a cute little new house falls on it. This is the kind of stuff you're reduced to when you only know how to make inanimate objects. (As opposed to people n stuff)

And thank you =D
I spent many hours contemplating the camera movement. It makes me feel like a director. It's harder than you think, making it not look awkward.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

Return to “Arts”