20/12/2009

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Merry Christmas, DC
Re: 20/12/2009

Postby Merry Christmas, DC » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:07 am

yeah, that sounds like all girls just go through "a phase" of not being "girly" and then eventually act "like women" whereas in reality, as opposed to, Millie's whole personality type is such that she is a nonconformist, a "tomboy" if you will, the kind of person that wouldn't really ever wear a dress.
Meh, shes a lesbian.

Liz
Staff

Re: O&M Site Re-designed

Postby Liz » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:37 am

BALEETED.
:DDD

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Postby Muninn » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:34 am

Also, Ozy in this new art style pretty much looks like Top Cat now :
If I may go off topic here, the voice actor for Top Cat, Arnold Stang, died a few days ago.

Muninn
Moderator (retired)

Re: O&M Site Re-designed

Postby Muninn » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:46 am

BALEETED.
:DDD
THREAD MERGED!

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:10 pm

yeah, that sounds like all girls just go through "a phase" of not being "girly" and then eventually act "like women" whereas in reality, as opposed to, Millie's whole personality type is such that she is a nonconformist, a "tomboy" if you will, the kind of person that wouldn't really ever wear a dress.
Sometimes, it is a phase. Like in UP where Ellie is first seen as a very tomboyish child and then, as an adult, wearing dresses.

But what I really meant was that as Millie grows up, she may on occasion, want to wear a dress. School dances, dates, her wedding, etc. Remember, DCS has said that Mrs. Mudd is a peek into Millie's future and we've seen Mrs. Mudd in dresses every now and then.

There's also my mother, who admits to being a tomboy as a girl and while she admits to not liking to wear dresses, she does so when the occasion calls for it. I suspect Millie may go a similar route.
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Merry Christmas, DC

Postby Merry Christmas, DC » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:30 pm

or she may stay true to her values
Meh, shes a lesbian.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:45 pm

True. Millie can be unpredictable which is why we love her! :wag:
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

NonsenseWords

Postby NonsenseWords » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:29 pm

And many real people are tomboys in their youth and grow up never wanting to wear a dress. Myself, for instance; the last time I wore a dress was to my high school's equivalent of prom, and I was quite irate about it (even moreso when my other female friend showed up wearing a tuxedo, brilliant idea!). I can't stand dresses or skirts, never have.

There might be a legitimate reason for the switch, though; she's got a tail. If I had a tail I'd probably change my tune about skirts and dresses because I can't imagine it's easy or comfortable wearing pants when you've got a great fluffy tail stickin' out of your posterior. But given the Ages of Millie illustration which shows in what I can only describe as schoolmarm clothes with this utterly placid expression... I haven't read much of these comics, but that doesn't seem right.

I hate it when people run with the idea that being boyish is 'just a phase' and turn girls... well, girly. Or when people assume it should happen, because it doesn't always, and the assumption that it does grates me.

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:23 pm

Even if Millie someday decides she wants to start wearing dresses on occasion it doesn't explain why she is always wearing one at her current age where she has been very opposed to dresses.

Trance

Postby Trance » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:46 am

Because she's been living a lie all this time, don't you see?

Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:27 am

If I may go off topic here, the voice actor for Top Cat, Arnold Stang, died a few days ago.
What??! One of the best cartoon voice provider died? NOOO!! :? :crycry:

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:19 pm

So did the voice of Luanne Platter from King of the Hill. She died about a week ago, but I'm not sure if anyone cares.

osprey

Postby osprey » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:20 am

So did the voice of Luanne Platter from King of the Hill. She died about a week ago, but I'm not sure if anyone cares.
I knew and I cared. She was talented...she also starred in Happy Feet, one of my favourite animated films of all time. She will be missed.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:25 pm

And many real people are tomboys in their youth and grow up never wanting to wear a dress. Myself, for instance; the last time I wore a dress was to my high school's equivalent of prom, and I was quite irate about it (even moreso when my other female friend showed up wearing a tuxedo, brilliant idea!). I can't stand dresses or skirts, never have.

I hate it when people run with the idea that being boyish is 'just a phase' and turn girls... well, girly. Or when people assume it should happen, because it doesn't always, and the assumption that it does grates me.
If my grandmother wasn't born at the time she was she'd probably be a mechanic or an architect. My grandfather apparently knows the value of cars but doesn't know much about the innerworkings. However, not only did my grandmother own a motorcycle in the 50's but actually spent quite a lot of time taking engines apart and putting them back together again. Unfortunately social norms made that kinda a dead end. She took architect classes too, but that was also a profession dominated by men. So she became a secretary.

Also, ugh, no offense to any dogs out there but that is one ugly bitch from the Raine Dog page.
Wow, thats actually a real shock. How old was she?

sad jazz cantaloupe

Postby sad jazz cantaloupe » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:19 pm

32. It was all over blogs last week, I don't know about the real news.
Apologies to everyone. Except Fritz.
First of all, Fritz, do yourself a favor and research your own answers before you post.

Return to “O&M Strips”