Two months later - Tuesday December 23, 2008

Discussion of any of the archived O&M comics, and potential new ones should they ever come about.

Moderator:Æron

Svix

Postby Svix » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:38 pm

*sniff* Still gonna keep it as one of my homepages.
but I mean that, today's art looks especially weird, compared to the stuff from the past few months
Yeah I thought this too, the style seems to have become increasingly inconsistent towards the end. Now that I've looked over it a few times it seems kinda ok, although if I scroll up to where I use the old forum header picture it's quite strange!

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:00 pm

Segovia was told by a German to speak better English =D
Also, Chris, Millie has nothing to hide. She's freaking prepubescent and covered with hair.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Segovia

Postby Segovia » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:03 pm

I just don't see what I needed to correct.

MuffinSticks

Postby MuffinSticks » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:10 pm

You spelled journey/journeys wrong twice in a row, each time spelled incorrectly a different way. Firefox corrects your spelling, you should try it out.
КТО ТРОГАЛ МОЯ ПУШКА

<Muninn> Too furry for saneville, too girly for boystown
see, how far raine dog got placed in the background? take that you blue bitch

Bocaj Claw

Postby Bocaj Claw » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:11 pm

Its a wonderful world so they went exploring. Gorramit, now what am I going to occupy my boring and unfulfilling life with?
That which does not kill me, cripples me for life.

My deviantART account

TyVulpine

Postby TyVulpine » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:01 pm

Goodbye old friend, see ya around sometime...

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:04 pm

Segovia was told by a German to speak better English =D
I found that mildly amusing as well. I thought the ending seemed a bit rushed, but then again it seems like the kind of thing the characters would do. I also noticed a style difference, but not really the good kind. The characters DO seem a bit older. I have to say I'm rather dissapointed, not that the strip ended (although I will miss it), but just I feel there wasn't enough closure. In response to the forum being dead... I'm not really sure it DOES have a purpose, perhaps it will become another one of those plain old discussion boards for random stuff. Although I for one would love to have it around to check once in a while.
And seriously folks, get over the fact that Millie is nekkid :-P .

osprey

Postby osprey » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:34 pm

Well, I must say I liked that ending. This last story arc has kinda made me kinda get back into the strip a bit. It was good. Farewell.
OK. pants it. I lied. It's drum and bass. What you gonna do?

Quexinos

Postby Quexinos » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:17 am

Haven't posted in a while... :o

I remember reading that the comic was going to end by the end of the year but... it just didn't seem like it would. I didn't know the end was coming today...

All I have to say is mad props to DC for knowing when to end it . I think if it'd gone on another year or two I would have lost interest.

Bravo, great strip. I can't wait to see more someday ^_^ I"m almost in tears over here XD
Quexinos - Worse than Hitler

Pete

Postby Pete » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:01 am

She's not naked - she's got hair.

The mechanics of nudity in O&M's world are actually pretty consistent. It seems to be a social convention to wear clothing of some sort, but there's no requirement to cover any particular part of the body. After all, Ms Sorkowitz doesn't wear a skirt or trousers and she hardly seems the type to streak her pupils :-).

Even though clothes are the norm, someone who's not currently wearing any isn't actually "naked" as we would understand the term - there's plenty of instances of characters taking off their clothes with a lot less reaction than humans would get in the same situation! (Ok, it's often Millie, but that's just because she's the one most likely to have soaked/dirtied/lost her clothes in the latest madcap scheme.). Even Ozy says he doesn't find having his swimming trunks pulled down on a public beach embarrassing (well, apart from having a snarling Millie hooked onto them).

The only time mammals in O&M-land are actually naked is when they (Ozy) have lost their fur - he's usually embarrassed and holding things in front of himself until he ends up with some kind of clothing. Mind you, even then his world is refreshingly free of the kind of hangups that a handful of posters here seem to have :-)

Pete

The J.A.M.

Postby The J.A.M. » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:06 am

...and thanks for all the fish.

It's been a good run; I've been following this strip since 1999, where I would go to the phone company office and check out this new contraption called "internet", and among the strips that got me hooked was the rotten-tomatoes-as-baseballs one.

I would ask a few questions about this strip, but since it's the final one, for now, I think I'll abstain and just watch as the curtain falls on yet ANOTHER strip I liked...sigh...

Thanks, DCS, see you around.

[bookmark is not deleted, just moved to the "Sporadic" folder]

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:10 am

Not sure why some see O&M as older here. They look the same age to me.

Only the daily strip is ending. Therefore, this forum does not need to end. DCS could start the strip from the beginning to keep the site semi-fresh untill new O&M material is available.

For all I've said about how DCS has handled this final story, this last strip is very nice. Though it would've been nice to see Lewellyn and Mrs. Mudd too.

Hell, maybe DCS will finally have the time answer my e-mails now!
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Caoimhin
Location:In the magical land of Jersey... Watch your step and don't trip on the cows.

Postby Caoimhin » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:19 am

She's not naked - she's got hair.

The mechanics of nudity in O&M's world are actually pretty consistent. It seems to be a social convention to wear clothing of some sort, but there's no requirement to cover any particular part of the body. After all, Ms Sorkowitz doesn't wear a skirt or trousers and she hardly seems the type to streak her pupils :-).

Even though clothes are the norm, someone who's not currently wearing any isn't actually "naked" as we would understand the term - there's plenty of instances of characters taking off their clothes with a lot less reaction than humans would get in the same situation! (Ok, it's often Millie, but that's just because she's the one most likely to have soaked/dirtied/lost her clothes in the latest madcap scheme.). Even Ozy says he doesn't find having his swimming trunks pulled down on a public beach embarrassing (well, apart from having a snarling Millie hooked onto them).

The only time mammals in O&M-land are actually naked is when they (Ozy) have lost their fur - he's usually embarrassed and holding things in front of himself until he ends up with some kind of clothing. Mind you, even then his world is refreshingly free of the kind of hangups that a handful of posters here seem to have :-)

Pete
I reiterate that she is "nekkid" not "naked". Of course that distinction was made before you became a member if I remember correctly (I believe it was a discussion at some point).

datherman

Postby datherman » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:28 am

I like this ending, rather reminiscent of the Calvin & Hobbes one. Ozy's last line could have perhaps had a bit more closure, given that it's the last line we'll see (for the regular strip at least), but overall not bad.

I do find it somewhat interesting that Millie says "my mom and your dad" rather than "our parents" but it probably doesn't mean anything.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.

cougartiger

Postby cougartiger » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:59 am

I do find it somewhat interesting that Millie says "my mom and your dad" rather than "our parents" but it probably doesn't mean anything.
It's only been two months. She probably won't get into the "parents" mind set for a while yet.

BTW, DCS just answered me about my missing artwork: It's on the way! YAY! Made my entire Christmas!
My Deviant Art page, home of my epic biography of Captain Lucius Locke, The Pirate's Tale.
Now including artwork!

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Return to “O&M Strips”